Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
I dont suppose anyone has installed the cascade link yet?

Wary of that 200lb limit. I'm easily over that after a good eating session when kitted up. I'm so tempted though... a little extra travel out back would be welcomed

Not sure I can stomach a new shock plus that LT link. Rather expensive

I definitely think the bike works better with 170mm out front as well. Had 160mm forks installed for a few rides again. Much prefer the bike at 63.5 hta and that extra 10mm

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Bye bye 210x55
26334CA7-A21A-4E55-A847-C0FB6CD8651A.jpeg

say hello to 230x65
1454B449-16B3-4677-9FA0-954D14E59A0B.jpeg

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I dont suppose anyone has installed the cascade link yet?

Wary of that 200lb limit. I'm easily over that after a good eating session when kitted up. I'm so tempted though... a little extra travel out back would be welcomed

Not sure I can stomach a new shock plus that LT link. Rather expensive

I definitely think the bike works better with 170mm out front as well. Had 160mm forks installed for a few rides again. Much prefer the bike at 63.5 hta and that extra 10mm
Is the 200lb limit on the linkage? And where is that info from? I know the frame limit is 240 lbs.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Uh oh….well i’m 230lbs geared up……oh well
I believe what he means is if you choose the cascade link and stock shock size configuration, then there is a 200lbs limit. The extra travel makes you bump up the air pressure or spring size too much to stop bottoming out.

You did it the right way with the 230mm shock and link! Can’t wait to hear a ride report!

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
I believe what he means is if you choose the cascade link and stock shock size configuration, then there is a 200lbs limit. The extra travel makes you bump up the air pressure or spring size too much to stop bottoming out.

You did it the right way with the 230mm shock and link! Can’t wait to hear a ride report!

Yeah

That longer link sounds like the way to go.

Genuinely interested to know how it rides.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020

It makes the rear have the right amount of plush. Made sense for my bike since I upgraded the fork. The front suspension felt real good which made what the rear was lacking more obvious. So now i feel the front and rear suspension performance is balanced out

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Guys help me understand because I'm not very good with geometries, but then why not buy a Kenevo directly, maybe one size less than the Levo?

Funny only yesterday I was chatting to a kenevo owner and I said I wish I had bought a kenevo instead. I just wanted the mixed wheel thing really and at the time the Levo replaced a Stumpjumper at 160/150mm so seemed a good replacement

Goride45

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, CA
Has anyone weighed their S4 carbon comp with pedals yet? My alloy comp is 53.8 lbs with pedals, I still have tubes in it while I wait for my cushcore xc to show up but the alloy seems heavier than the 1.8 lb. Difference specialized claimed

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Anyone know the part number and/or proper name for the small nylon clip on the seatstay used to keep the rear brake hose clear of the spokes? It's missing from my build kit and doesn't seem to show up in the small parts schematics except in photos.

Edit: Turns out to be part number S206500009.

1646770404592.png

Last edited:

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Anyone know the part number and/or proper name for the small nylon clip on the seatstay used to keep the rear brake hose clear of the spokes? It's missing from my build kit and doesn't seem to show up in the small parts schematics except in photos.

View attachment 83534
My Gen3 Expert was also missing this when delivered. I worked with Specialized Rider Care and they did ship me a generic brake line routing clip that would work, but it was a little different than the one pictured. I visited the Specialized store and confirmed it was present on a Gen3 Levo S-Works build and pointed it out. The shop found one gave it to me. Never did find a part number.

The consensus from Specialized Rider Care and the Specialized store is that most Gen3 Levo's were being delivered without this brake line routing clip. If you have a Specialized store or dealer near...pay them a visit and see if they have a spare. I wanted it so that the brake line did not rub the frame and wear through the paint over time.

61D37068-C9A3-4065-9702-BB185B460A15.jpeg

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy

View attachment 83534
Hello, I think any bikeshop has it, you don't need a specific product, you just need the diameter of the hole to allow you to be blocked by the screw

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Hello, I think any bikeshop has it, you don't need a specific product, you just need the diameter of the hole to allow you to be blocked by the screw
Agree, you can get a generic brake line routing clip at most shops. The nice part about the Specialized brake routing clip that is supposed to be on the Gen3 Levo is that it has a gap in between the two areas that hold the brake line. This allows for the arc in the brake line to remain. Very minimal feature...but on a bike at the cost of these, I expect all the parts to be present.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
My Gen3 Expert was also missing this when delivered. I worked with Specialized Rider Care and they did ship me a generic brake line routing clip that would work, but it was a little different than the one pictured. I visited the Specialized store and confirmed it was present on a Gen3 Levo S-Works build and pointed it out. The shop found one gave it to me. Never did find a part number.
Yeah, local Specialized dealer doesn't have one, shame about the part number.
S146500017 is the nearest I could find
Thank you very much. Not the kind I'm looking for but it's good to have a alternative reference.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Yes but it is the only real information that exists, if you have other information write it down. I think the important thing is if a bike weighs 24 kg not if it weighs 23.8 kg to understand. One size less can weigh 0.2 kg less. My opinion.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles