Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
microtune is missing on the "old" TCU... it's up to you if you want that.
I have the the TCU on the Gen 3 and the old on the Gen 2, for me new TCU is a must have in every way

Reactions: iXi

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
No it doesn't change how it rides just the amount of data you can have on display which is a big thing for some folk 👍
microtune is missing on the "old" TCU... it's up to you if you want that.
I have the the TCU on the Gen 3 and the old on the Gen 2, for me new TCU is a must have in every way

I have the new TCU. I'd much rather have the ability to use Blevo rather than the info on the TCU. Most of it's on my Garmin also.

Biketom

Nov 7, 2021
Bavaria
not having blevo is a good point.
I don't use any additional electronic devices, like Garmin, so I like to see rider and engine power on to the new TCU, but I still miss blevo

ghost48

Jan 25, 2019
Germany
You certainly find somebody to switch TCU and light make some extra money. I know many German riders who would love to switch old for new TCU.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I think I will ask to change it before delivery, also because you need the specialized program to match it with the bike

whwv

Dec 29, 2021
Bay Area, CA
OK one more question, I placed a deposit today down on a comp alloy, am I missing much but not getting the model up with the mastermind tcu? Happy to forgo less weight but will I have buyers regret not getting the mastermind tcu. Is there a comprehensive comparison between the two tcu's?

For me, the most useful feature of the Mastermind TCU is the mirco-tune. I'm surprised by how much I use that, especially when riding with people not on e-bikes. Second favorite, would be battery % instead of just bars. The others, like GPS data, I don't even use since a Wahoo/Garmin works much better. I actually run the TCU in stealth mode pretty often so it's not distracting on early morning or night rides. Feature wise, I could live without it. Bling wise, yeah, it looks way better. If you don't need the upgraded parts on the higher models, I wouldn't think twice about skipping the Mastermind TCU.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Thanks everyone that's put my mind at ease. I use a garmin for Gps, I don't ride with other people so wouldn't use micro tune and battery percent doesn't bother me. I'd prefer to save the 2k for upgrades over a carbon frame, being a heavier guy I'd prefer the extra weight capacity of the aluminium.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
Hi guys
After a muddy ride yesterday on my expert i've washed the bike.
When i'm done i also bring it on the backwheel to let the water drop off.
While i did it yesterday the tcu switched on by itself with motor error for a second then it went to normal. I think that some water went along the aheadset into the upper frame tube run to the tcu and made that fault. Did anybody had the same problem and allready sealed something? If yes it would be fine to share so that i don't have to search for a solution by myself.

Last edited:

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Hi guys
After a muddy ride yesterday on my expert i've washed the bike.
When i'm done i also bring it on the backwheel to let the water drop off.
While i did it yesterday the tcu switched on by itself with motor error for a second then it went to normal. I think that some water went along the aheadset into the upper frame tube run to the tcu and made that fault. Did anybody had the same problem and allready sealed something? If yes it would be fine to share so that i don't have to search for a solution by myself.

Yes this is a pretty common problem on the turbo levo, open up and dry the connectors to the tcu and it should work again.

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
I generelly use a screen-setting which shows my heart rate, a clock and the battery capacity, which is all I need to know on my rides.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
You can buy the new tcu connect kit that are sealed , the part nr. is S194200017.

I own a 1 month old Levo Expert 2022 with the Mastermind TCU.
That's the reason why i post here for the Gen 3 models.
The part number you posted is the complete old TCU from my 2019.

So i think i have to look by myself what can i do to solve the problem.

Christox

Aug 12, 2020
Freiburg/ Germany
I also had the automatic "On" and Errors with a gen3. Also when new and absolutely dry.
It is a known issue and happens when rearwheel is turning backwards and rotates the motor in wrong direction. It also happened when it moved only a half rotation.

Best regards,

Chris

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
I also had the automatic "On" and Errors with a gen3. Also when new and absolutely dry.
It is a known issue and happens when rearwheel is turning backwards and rotates the motor in wrong direction. It also happened when it moved only a half rotation.

Best regards,

Chris

I never had that before and i'm often pushing it back when i place it to it's stand. Is it a thing what only happens time by time not allways?

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
I own a 1 month old Levo Expert 2022 with the Mastermind TCU.
That's the reason why i post here for the Gen 3 models.
The part number you posted is the complete old TCU from my 2019.

So i think i have to look by myself what can i do to solve the problem.

You know the solution, sell it and dont buy another spez if you are dissatisfied with the bike

Last edited:

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
What a helpful answer, are you a little bored at the moment ? ;)
Right now i'm not dissatisfied with the bike just looking to fix a little problem 🤷‍♂️

I'm not bored and my answer was not sarcastic, what I just mean is why bother with a new bike.

I had contacted the shop that sold the bike and see if they have any ideas

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Only by the amount of battery consumption against the mileage covered they can only assume. If they refused, I'd argue strongly why specialize allows Berkshire cycles to sell and install derestrictor kits to cycles under warranty and are fully aware that they are doing so.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Hi guys, I was thinking that those who try a rear shock absorber no longer return to air (myself included). So why doesn't anyone use spring forks? I am thinking of trying the marzocchi Z1 kit on the Rythm which will come with the Levo comp alloy.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Very easy to change the travel 150-160-170

What do you think?

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Hi guys, I was thinking that those who try a rear shock absorber no longer return to air (myself included). So why doesn't anyone use spring forks? I am thinking of trying the marzocchi Z1 kit on the Rythm which will come with the Levo comp alloy.
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Very easy to change the travel 150-160-170

What do you think?

I installed a Vorsprung Smashpot Coil in my Fox 38. Night and day difference from the stock air spring.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles