Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
search for my posts in this thread, I solved it by removing the conduits and using bubble wrap.
For my information, I also have a rattle. Not annoying me, but I would like to have the bike super silent :).

How do you remove the conduits? You pull them out? Only in the main triangle? Or also from the rear linkages? I have saved some bubble wrap from some of my amazon packages, so I am ready to go :D I have full AXS so should be easy enough?

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
For my information, I also have a rattle. Not annoying me, but I would like to have the bike super silent :).

How do you remove the conduits? You pull them out? Only in the main triangle? Or also from the rear linkages? I have saved some bubble wrap from some of my amazon packages, so I am ready to go :D I have full AXS so should be easy enough?

from memory, I disconnected the tubes from the cable outlet covers on the head tube and then just pulled.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Ok I got the rattle! So I have been off the forum for awhile. Like up to page 38. Did we ever decided definitively where the rattle comes from? I have changed to axs shifter and axs dropper so those conduits could be pulled but not sure how to do it and is it a contributor? It seems to only rattle over roots and rocks when on the bike. If I bounce the bike when off it doesn’t do it. Also was it decided the battery is what is rattling? It drives me crazy! Any guidance would be appreciated before I start tearing things apart on my new bike. Could be as simple as the tcu cables behind the display I could wrap those in something soft first.

Sincerely Rattled

Usual suspects are all over the thread if you look (not being facetious). Cable routing. Cables from TCU. Mounting hardware for the shock. Battery and the lack of a spacer is a biggie

Check the X2.

I've had 3 so far and they knock badly and vibrate through the frame when ridden over roots or chunder

There should be a slight (and I do mean slight) bump as the X2 breaks away (test it on your driveway and press down on the frame quickly) but operation over rough terrain and out riding it should be buttery smooth. Mine were not (I have one on a 22 Patrol and 2 for the Levo) and they sent a really nasty knock through the frame, on both the Patrol and the Levo was VERY obvious, you coudl hear and feel it. Fixed under warranty at Silverfish and back with me in a few days.

Cost £10 to post, in my opinion its worth sending any brand new X2 off for a rebuild under warranty, just state it has no small bump and is very harsh. Silverfish are very good.

Annoyingly I've just had a new creak develop. Sounds like headset needs cleaning to me but it might be shock mount hardware or battery side to side movement.

This Levo has been nothing but a nuisance.

Schoppi11

Feb 9, 2022
Germany
Hi and hello from Germany,

in german Forums I couldn’t find anybody talking about the same problem I have or maybe I am really the only one over here.
For the third time, ok one time I was hitting a rock hard🙈, I lost the flap on the rock guard. Anyone else had the same problem or has a solution for it!?

greetings.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Hi and hello from Germany,

in german Forums I couldn’t find anybody talking about the same problem I have or maybe I am really the only one over here.
For the third time, ok one time I was hitting a rock hard🙈, I lost the flap on the rock guard. Anyone else had the same problem or has a solution for it!?

greetings.
Yes, happens all the time. Specialized will warranty it but it will only happen again. They are working on a revised part to stop it happening but there’s no release date for it yet.

I run an Amygos bashguard which protects the motor cover and stops it getting damaged. They don’t look amazing but they do work amazingly well and I’d highly recommend one to anyone riding in rocky areas.

Amygos Gen 3 Levo Bashguard

Jan 31, 2022
Nor Cal
Wondering if anyone has had this issue. So after the LBS re-flashed the firmware all seemed to work fine no issues while riding yesterday. Get home and the same exact thing that happened two weekends ago bike simply doesn't power up. black screen...

whwv

Dec 29, 2021
Bay Area, CA
Wondering if anyone has had this issue. So after the LBS re-flashed the firmware all seemed to work fine no issues while riding yesterday. Get home and the same exact thing that happened two weekends ago bike simply doesn't power up. black screen...

Anything happen if you hold the power button? I've had a couple times where a piece of grit kept the battery plug to the motor from making a connection. Felt fine, but if I held the power button I got the no battery error. Cleaned it up, and it was all good.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
For anyone missing the brake line clamp with a 3D printer you can make on in about 10 minutes. I remixed a design for an older stumpjumper to fit the bolt that was in my 22 alloy comp's seat stay.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 7.07.06 PM.png

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
For anyone missing the brake line clamp with a 3D printer you can make on in about 10 minutes. I remixed a design for an older stumpjumper to fit the bolt that was in my 22 alloy comp's seat stay.

View attachment 82661
Contacted Specialized Rider Care and they sent me a clamp that looks very similar to the one you made.

Pointed out the missing clamp to my local Specialized dealer and they found the correct clamp for the Gen3. Said most bikes are not arriving with this clamp, but a Levo S-Works on the floor had it for reference and they had an extra one in the shop.
1A698A1F-EB6C-4925-A4F3-40DC96731C83.jpeg

rico

Nov 10, 2021
Aberdeenshire
My new Expert arrived! Managed to work in a deal with Sigma Sports to honour the pre-price hike in UK, so got a deal as far as I'm concerned.

Needs pedals and the invisiframe fitted, set-up and charged and then it's out this weekend! I can also confirm no clamp. Not the best backdrop for the first pics.

Too excited, it hurts.

levo0.jpg

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
My new Expert arrived! Managed to work in a deal with Sigma Sports to honour the pre-price hike in UK, so got a deal as far as I'm concerned.

Needs pedals and the invisiframe fitted, set-up and charged and then it's out this weekend! I can also confirm no clamp. Not the best backdrop for the first pics.

Too excited, it hurts.

View attachment 82718
Surprised there hasn’t been an increase in price in the US

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

2022 Turbo Levo Pro

Motor # 2 DOA Sprague clutch again not sure of mileage around 4 to 500.
Rear wheel will not rotate backwards, anyone understand why the wheel will not turn backwards?

Warm Regards Ruti

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
Hi guys what size do you recommend? I'm 174 cm tall and I'm undecided between S3 and S4

Hi Zorro
My son and i both have a Levo 2022 he is 176 and has a S3 it is perfect for him.
I own a S4 i'm 181 i found it prefect for me but since i've ridden the S3 i'm thinking about if the S3 was not also my size. If i were you i would no go bigger as the S3.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
OK one more question, I placed a deposit today down on a comp alloy, am I missing much but not getting the model up with the mastermind tcu? Happy to forgo less weight but will I have buyers regret not getting the mastermind tcu. Is there a comprehensive comparison between the two tcu's?

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
OK one more question, I placed a deposit today down on a comp alloy, am I missing much but not getting the model up with the mastermind tcu? Happy to forgo less weight but will I have buyers regret not getting the mastermind tcu. Is there a comprehensive comparison between the two tcu's?
I'd say there's a massive difference between the two TCU's , but then it depends what you want , I love bling so I went with the PRO model 🤟🤟

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I
I'd say there's a massive difference between the two TCU's , but then it depends what you want , I love bling so I went with the PRO model 🤟🤟
When you say massive, how so. Does it change the ride characteristics or is it just all the additional data output

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles