SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Are we gonna get a new version of cef50 with thinner downtube?Do they work on this?The battery case looks good around 300gr .

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Sorry guys, tried to share a quick clip on the thread showing the CEF50 next to the Specialized Levo. Not too sure why it's not sharing, but I'll try and take pics instead👍🏿

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
FYI: For peeps waiting for Gen 3 plastic motor guards
Screenshot_20231121-192032.png

DirtyCurty

Oct 13, 2023
Tumbler Ridge
A company that responds very quickly to customer input. Headset, battery case, motor cover, UDH hanger and what else?
Frame cable routing instead of through the headset, new frame mounting position to support a coil shock, a place to store a multi tool in the top tube instead of a push button. They can omit the hole on the top tube all together if 25 frames are ordered.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Headset cable routing is a crazy dumb marketing design for the dentist riders. The ONLY benefit is cosmetics. In an eMTB it is suicide. Water gets through the mostly ineffective seals and ruins your bearings and then drips down and destroys your battery. Not to mention how much fun it is to replace a worn cable housing or brake hose.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Headset cable routing is a crazy dumb marketing design for the dentist riders. The ONLY benefit is cosmetics. In an eMTB it is suicide. Water gets through the mostly ineffective seals and ruins your bearings and then drips down and destroys your battery. Not to mention how much fun it is to replace a worn cable housing or brake hose.
For me the most important problem is the constraints on cables,. Exemple, you fall down and handelbar turn at 180°. Headset cable routing is good on road bicycle, who never turn more than 90°, but not for E-MTB, where battery leaving lower space for cables movement

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
New design headset cable routing vs frame cable routing. What would you choose if you had to order new frame now ?
Good question🤔
-8782559971282881445.jpg

The cable grommets (at first) did make me question how many cables could be routed through each side of the headtube. But I have seen examples of CEF50's with headtube cable routing on the forum. And no one has expressed any issues.
20231019_152642.jpg

If I had to build another one, yes. I probably would go headtube cable routing.
Screenshot_20231119_033414_Gallery.jpg

But being honest, I've had no drama or problems with headtube cable routing👍🏿

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Curious. Your cable grommets and cable routing is from the top of the downtube. But I was of the belief it would be around the headtube area.
Did you make those cable holes yourself or was that how the frame arrived?
i have request holes to SZZS, i have communicate the dimensions and showed those used on my LCES1075. They have sent the frame with the exact items to pass the cables. I appreciate a lot their reactivity and effiency.
DSCF1960.JPG

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Question for the group.
When a designer determines that a frame is made for XXXmm of travel are they including sag in the design?
In other words is a frame designed for 170mm fork really a 150mm design given a typical 20mm sag?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Question for the group.
When a designer determines that a frame is made for XXXmm of travel are they including sag in the design?
In other words is a frame designed for 170mm fork really a 150mm design given a typical 20mm sag?
If you have 25%_ sag in front and rear, it will keep approximately the same geo?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles