SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Not sure that article has anything to do with any of us. Since none of has had to pay any duty. At all.
We are not buying ebikes.
Sorry my mistake, look like usa has zero tax on bicycle frame from china. Then i will definitely declare full value and insurance for ir. Just need to notify sender to declare it stated you will be responsible if any tax happens, usually they under declare it because of tax reason.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
48v 480wh

20240102_185209.jpg 20240102_185225.jpg 20240102_190344.jpg

Last edited:

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
I paid my deposits since September until December only able to shio out cause fram shock mount positions mold mod. Then special request for T800 carbon upgrades and wait another few weeks.

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Did someone do a linkage and leverage ratio curve with V1 suspension dynamics? We need that on V2. I would love to be able to swap in a coil for park days etc.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Did someone do a linkage and leverage ratio curve with V1 suspension dynamics? We need that on V2. I would love to be able to swap in a coil for park days etc.
Page #3 or #4 of this thread. Thaeber, our resident mechanical engineer, did the calculating.

Txurrispo

Aug 24, 2023
Spain
Hi all.

I need some help.

I'm mounting my own cef50. I have one problem.

I buy a Shimano rotor with integrated magnet. But, if I spin the wheel I get 0 speed.

Anybody has the same rotor working?
Any help about troubleshooting this problem?

If not works I will have to buy a centerlock magnet¿?

Regards

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi all.

I need some help.

I buy a Shimano rotor with integrated magnet. But, if I spin the wheel I get 0 speed.

Regards
I have a bolt-on rotor magnet. Check your sensor mount. Trying twisting the sensor and/or moving it to the other bolt mount on the frame.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It wasnt 1:1, it started around 3.x. and ended around 2.x, with roughly 32% progression, which says the leverage curve progression would take kindly to coil shocks, and actually you would need to run high volume no spacer air setups. Do you guys have a hard time using full travel?
Sounds good. I couldn't remember...brain fog from recent illness I guess?

Got air 210x55 (MegNeg setup). No travel spacers/bands. No probs on full compression.👍

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Hi all.

I need some help.

Regards

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hi all.

I need some help.

Regards
No problem with magura rotor and magnet. also tested with magnet provided with the frame. have you 2 sensor fixing holes on your frame ? have you positioned the sensor in front of the magnet ?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
It wasnt 1:1, it started around 3.x. and ended around 2.x, with roughly 32% progression, which says the leverage curve progression would take kindly to coil shocks, and actually you would need to run high volume no spacer air setups. Do you guys have a hard time using full travel?
Exactly. I used an average ratio of 2.5 to calculate additional travel if You overstroke the shock, not 1:1. TC is using a RS with MegNeg, the bigger air volume is almost like using a coil shock. And he‘s happy with it, so I think a coil would work good as well.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Exactly. I used an average ratio of 2.5 to calculate additional travel if You overstroke the shock, not 1:1. TC is using a RS with MegNeg, the bigger air volume is almost like using a coil shock. And he‘s happy with it, so I think a coil would work good as well.
Sorry I'm sick, so not thinking straight... Maybe the new Vivid Air next?

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Thaeber have you seen the V2 frame?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I used an „old“ Vivid air with my E10 and it was a very very good shock, coilish 😊 and plush. If You get a good offer, give it a try!
Ha thanks! Better to go new! But it looks like the new Vivid ultimate'23/24 has too big of a E2E for my risk level.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Ha thanks! Better to go new! But it looks like the new Vivid ultimate'23/24 has too big of a E2E for my risk level.
Oh wait! I had the wrong spec page. There's a 210 x 55...perfect! I might try one next year!
Screenshot_20240103-154823.png

Screenshot_20240103-155123.png

But wonder CEF50 V.1 will fit it. Peeps had probs fitting the Fox Float X2. So...maybe not!🫣

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles