SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
About to pull the trigger but jean is saying i should use a freight forwarder because the taxes would add another $137. Anyone have experience with this getting the frame shipped to the US?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
A Cautionary tale for new buyers. I bought a frame from SZZS recently came it by boat to Long beach CA like all US shipments. UPS driver claimed delivery with no proof and no location but it was not delivered. I was home at the time of claimed delivery. So no chance of porch pirates etc. UPS has done nothing to find the frame in 6 days even tho they have GPS data on every truck and every stop. Bad new is the Chinese freight forwarder did not insure the frame. UPS is only out for $100 and I am stuck. I am in negotiation with SZZS but I recommend buyers get full value insurance.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
In my case I don't think so. SZZS shipped the frame. UPS received it in long beach. UPS is only on the hook for $100, because of lack of insurance, so if they pay up there is really nothing that Paypal can do.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
A Cautionary tale for new buyers. I bought a frame from SZZS recently came it by boat to Long beach CA like all US shipments. UPS driver claimed delivery with no proof and no location but it was not delivered. I was home at the time of claimed delivery. So no chance of porch pirates etc. UPS has done nothing to find the frame in 6 days even tho they have GPS data on every truck and every stop. Bad new is the Chinese freight forwarder did not insure the frame. UPS is only out for $100 and I am stuck. I am in negotiation with SZZS but I recommend buyers get full value insurance.
That sucks! Sorry to hear it. I hope that SZZS gives you a full warranty refund.🤞 This is what...frame #3 purchase from them in 2023? So, valued customer...

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Szzs better take care of you because honestly this popularity of frame is only going to take off from here, especially if rob reviews it on youtube. We can torpedo all future sales by just posting our experiences here where szzs did not take care of us.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I don't blame SZZS. They have shipped dozens of frames now and never had a problem before. I think like, lots of us, you take chances when it seems like there is never a loss and it means you can offer lower cost shipping without the insurance. Until you get bitten in the butt. I am negotiating with them and will see how it works out.

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Here is the thing, red flags are going off for me because I have bought multiple frames from overseas. I have never had to do a freight forwarder. Now you are vulnerable to how the freight forwarder does the paperwork, handling, and insurance. At the end of the day, szzs is trying to save a buck and make you vulnerable, that is fine if they take care of you, but if they dont, I will be taking my business elsewhere. In your case it is clear the freight forwarder tried to skimp and not pay the few bucks to fully insure with ups. I will talk to Jean about holding my order pending outcome of how they handle your case. Jean has been telling me that they will get full insurance for me, but it seems like that insurance needs to be ordered for cosco/evergreen for shipping across the water, as well as insurance at the local carriers (fedex/ups) once it arrives in the states.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I don't blame SZZS. They have shipped dozens of frames now and never had a problem before. I think like, lots of us, you take chances when it seems like there is never a loss and it means you can offer lower cost shipping without the insurance. Until you get bitten in the butt. I am negotiating with them and will see how it works out.
Still be nice to get a full warranty. A late Santa Claus gift. 🎅Plus, by proxy some responsibility to bear by SZZS. It's their middleman shipper and savings adds up for them too. They set the shipping terms, not us. Our only option is air vs. sea depending on the item. Their responsible for fully insuring it.

But yep, hopefully that UPS driver who stole gets caught before being fired and sees some criminal conspiracy county jail time....get some lockup karma--yipes!😝

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Good news. A gentleman just drove up knocked on the door and said I think I have a bike frame for you. It was delivered to the wrong address, 30 miles away and the guy was kind enough to drive all the way here to return it to me :)
No sh$t!? Merry Belated X-Mas! And no bad Karma to UPS in general! 🍻

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Here is the thing, red flags are going off for me because I have bought multiple frames from overseas. I have never had to do a freight forwarder. Now you are vulnerable to how the freight forwarder does the paperwork, handling, and insurance. At the end of the day, szzs is trying to save a buck and make you vulnerable, that is fine if they take care of you, but if they dont, I will be taking my business elsewhere. In your case it is clear the freight forwarder tried to skimp and not pay the few bucks to fully insure with ups. I will talk to Jean about holding my order pending outcome of how they handle your case. Jean has been telling me that they will get full insurance for me, but it seems like that insurance needs to be ordered for cosco/evergreen for shipping across the water, as well as insurance at the local carriers (fedex/ups) once it arrives in the states.
Remember this is different because they have to use a hazardous cargo ship. You can't go air. So it is not as easy as buying non-powered bikes.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It may have been the freight forwarder trying to given them a better rate.
ZSSZ found a loophole in the US mail system/importing and is exploiting it to their benefit with the no-insured independent forwarder. Sure it's a little cheaper for the end consumer, and makes it even cheaper for ZSSZ while increasing the risk for the former. In principle, as long as they compensate then fine! 💸

But I can't say it's the optimal shipping arrangement for the consumer. Again, I get it, it's a cost-savings, corner-cutter for the manufacturer, SZZS. They're in a competitive marketplace. For peace of mind, it sucks, but I'd rather pay the extra costs in the future for big-ticket items for full insurance and full transparency.

Jus' say'n SZZS isn't losing profits off tricky transactions. 😉

Last edited:

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
ZSSZ found a loophole in the US mail system/importing and is exploiting it to their benefit with the no-insured independent forwarder. Sure it's a little cheaper for the end consumer, and makes it even cheaper for ZSSZ while increasing the risk for the former. In principle, as long as they compensate then fine! 💸

But I can't say it's the optimal shipping arrangement for the consumer. Again, I get it, it's a cost-savings, corner-cutter for the manufacturer, SZZS. They're in a competitive marketplace. For peace of mind, it sucks, but I'd rather pay the extra costs in the future for big-ticket items for full insurance and full transparency.

Jus' say'n SZZS isn't losing profits off tricky transactions. 😉
Im debating. It might be $137 more which in the grand scheme of things seems reasonable.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Like Churchill once said, if you play for more than you can afford to lose...you learn the game.
See, he never got a good night's sleep I bet without the brandy-noddy. And what quality of sleep is that? But to be real, it is was never high quality until the final-fascist- dirt-nap. For whom the bell tolls.🔔

Anyway...the lost bike box was a wake up call of the perceived consumer risk. Good to have safe now!🍻

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
In my case I don't think so. SZZS shipped the frame. UPS received it in long beach. UPS is only on the hook for $100, because of lack of insurance, so if they pay up there is really nothing that Paypal can do.
Lucky you got your frame back, i did the same thing when delivery man send the wrong address parcel to my door. Anyway its depend how much you declare your value. My country tax 35% so i cant afford to pay 35% extra therefore most of the time i took the risk under value the product n there goes my insurance at a lower price. Buyer are responsible for custom tax not seller. So in my case if 4 time i got it off tax mean i benefits me to under declare although its a big risk.

I really appreciate linda service, she its very helpful to me

Screenshot_20240102_092428_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Not sure that article has anything to do with any of us. Since none of has had to pay any duty. At all.
We are not buying ebikes.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Not sure that article has anything to do with any of us. Since none of has had to pay any duty. At all.
We are not buying ebikes.
wow nice , dont have to pay tax. My giga frame got stunk by custom and i declare 1/3 of the price and i still have to pay around usd 500.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles