SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Looks like Kiara. I wanted to try the m820 and i have the m560. Lemme know your riding time?
Yes its kiara, my was like grab alot if my friend tested it on 2k loop... They where impressed with the bike only my fork has a problem require service

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I don't understand these values in comparaisson with mine ? 2 days ago 1200D+ , mostly in max power mode (with power variations :mad:) and i have consummed only 22% ? I will mount the DPC245 HMI to compare if my use with DPC263 in 3 mode explain those difference
So you’re saying you have 78% left after doing 4k ft of climbing. I haven’t heard anyone getting that kind of consumption. But if you are I would like to by your motor and battery. Do you think the fact that you weigh under 40kg has anything to do with it?🤭

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
I want to test the motor, let me know when is your next riding time?
sure no problem i am happy to do so, i cycle kiara every sunday if u are regular rider on sunday u should seen me before. Yellow NukeProof Giga. I am having problem now, do you know anyone has Bafang Besst programing machine in KL? i need to update my firmware, now having error code 07. my M820 can not ride now.

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
I
sure no problem i am happy to do so, i cycle kiara every sunday if u are regular rider on sunday u should seen me before. Yellow NukeProof Giga. I am having problem now, do you know anyone has Bafang Besst programing machine in KL? i need to update my firmware, now having error code 07. my M820 can not ride now.
i have the BEEST

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
So you’re saying you have 78% left after doing 4k ft of climbing. I haven’t heard anyone getting that kind of consumption. But if you are I would like to by your motor and battery. Do you think the fact that you weigh under 40kg has anything to do with it?🤭
40 kg, l whould loved that :love: . but in reallity i'm +- 92 kg naked 🤣.
Really i don't understand my motor functioning. i will try asap (too weet today) with original HMI with 5 modes to have same components than everybody. But currently mine provide at max near 3/4 of the max power of the M510, with power variations when hard climb (harder but enough to climb) and it displaying consumation +- 1/2 less of the M510. i will also trying to emptying the battery to check if level displayed is correct or not.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
40 kg, l whould loved that :love: . but in reallity i'm +- 92 kg naked 🤣.
Really i don't understand my motor functioning. i will try asap (too weet today) with original HMI with 5 modes to have same components than everybody. But currently mine provide at max near 3/4 of the max power of the M510, with power variations when hard climb (harder but enough to climb) and it displaying consumation +- 1/2 less of the M510. i will also trying to emptying the battery to check if level displayed is correct or not.
Yes, that would be helpful. I’m 84kg so we should similar in consumption given an average cadence of around 90 rpm.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Range Extender documentation for the CEF50. I've documented my experience as a true beginner. I've documented what I did, but I am in no way a subject matter expert on this sort of thing. So, Please do not take this as a step by step instruction manual.

Attachments

• CEF50-External battery integration.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 176

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Range Extender documentation for the CEF50. I've documented my experience as a true beginner. I've documented what I did, but I am in no way a subject matter expert on this sort of thing. So, Please do not take this as a step by step instruction manual.
You're the resident expert now!💪
Thanks for posting.🍻

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hope it's helpful and like I said there's way smarter people than me on this thread (@mike_kelly ). So thanks should really go to them.
You're the technical EE whisperer and translator for those of us not so smart in the "magic" of electronics!😎

Here's the extent of my knowledge. 👇That and I guess batteries fade over their lifespan due to dendrite build up between the anode (-) and cathode (+) disrupting e-flow? 😋 That's not much. So, I appreciate your efforts and good graphics.

Screenshot_20240108-143343.png

Last edited:

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Those switches are not the same and have advantages and disadvantages that have to do with how the batteries are charged. The also can take up a lot more space. I wrote up a description on this forum on multiple battery switches, around here somewhere....

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Those switches are not the same and have advantages and disadvantages that have to do with how the batteries are charged. The also can take up a lot more space. I wrote up a description on this forum on multiple battery switches, around here somewhere....
Are those ideal diodes inside this types of devices that allow you to use dissimilar batteries/charge levels?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
They work by sensing the voltage on the two batteries. It disconnects the lower voltage battery and lets the bike run off the higher voltage battery until it drops to the level of the lower. Then it turns both batteries on until one/both drift away from each other and are just too different to safely charge. It charges in a similar way.but both batteries have to charge and discharge from the same port. So if you have batteries that have two different ports for charge and discharge the switches won't work.
The ideal diodes are simpler. They just prevent the two batteries from discharging into each other, especially at a dangerously high current.
After wasting money on switches I came to realize that I did not have batteries with common charge and discharge ports so I needed a simpler solution, plus not enough room, and hence the ideal diodes.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Here's the main thread for the CEF50 battery extender. Maybe direct convo over there so we don't get too redundant?👇

It will also cover the basic extender dilemma... 🔋🔋🔋⚡

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
They work by sensing the voltage on the two batteries. It disconnects the lower voltage battery and lets the bike run off the higher voltage battery until it drops to the level of the lower. Then it turns both batteries on until one/both drift away from each other and are just too different to safely charge. It charges in a similar way.but both batteries have to charge and discharge from the same port. So if you have batteries that have two different ports for charge and discharge the switches won't work.
The ideal diodes are simpler. They just prevent the two batteries from discharging into each other, especially at a dangerously high current.
After wasting money on switches I came to realize that I did not have batteries with common charge and discharge ports so I needed a simpler solution, plus not enough room, and hence the ideal diodes.
Thank you sir.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Yeah I think offset bushings will be the solution !
thanks guys
With 8mm bolt maximum offset is 2 mm per shock eyelet, so 4 mm overall. Your 210 mm shock will have an intstalled length of 206 mm. Compressed lenght with 50 mm stroke will be 156 mm. TC is running 210 x 55 shock with no issues, compressed length is 155 mm. Should work from math perspective 😂 good luck mate!

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
With 8mm bolt maximum offset is 2 mm per shock eyelet, so 4 mm overall. Your 210 mm shock will have an intstalled length of 206 mm. Compressed lenght with 50 mm stroke will be 156 mm. TC is running 210 x 55 shock with no issues, compressed length is 155 mm. Should work from math perspective 😂 good luck mate!
Ahah thanks! I need to order this, my frame is still in production

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Did anyone get the new and improved motor cover? I just received mine and they look identical to old ones. I guess I’ll just start riding with it and let you know how it goes. Put a brand new old gen motor cover on last night. I looked today and there’s a big chunk out the side of it. Hopefully the new ones can last more than half a ride.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Did anyone get the new and improved motor cover? I just received mine and they look identical to old ones. I guess I’ll just start riding with it and let you know how it goes. Put a brand new old gen motor cover on last night. I looked today and there’s a big chunk out the side of it. Hopefully the new ones can last more than half a ride.
That's a bummer! 😝 I got almost 3 rides out of mine. Pic of the damaged Gen 2?

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I noticed there was a firmware upgrade when I opened go+ yesterday CRX30PC3615E102002.2. Does anybody have any idea what improvements were made in this version of the controller software?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles