SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Can anyone with a piggyback shock flip the shock around to see if you can fit the shock upside down? Id like some more room for a water bottle and curious if this would fit.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Can anyone with a piggyback shock flip the shock around to see if you can fit the shock upside down? Id like some more room for a water bottle and curious if this would fit.
no U can't flip upside down. I have small frame with Fox DPX2 piggyback only can use small water bottle (around 500mL)

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
no U can't flip upside down. I have small frame with Fox DPX2 piggyback only can use small water bottle (around 500mL)
This will lower the bottle cage

Screenshot_20240113_215034_AliExpress.jpg

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Yours its a v2 why u need to worry about the piggy bag? Its a coil shock competible frame.
I know the piggyback wont hit when it is on top. Im asking regarding if its upside down. I have yet to see anyone on a v1 or v2 run it upside down. This would give more bottle clearance

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-27 at 12.43.37 (1).jpg

This is temon10's picture. Look at how close the piggyback is to the water bottle. On a v2 there is more clearance from the seattube for a coil. I am wondering if you flip the shock, now you have much more bottle clearance.

salvaparraes

May 6, 2023
España
Hola, propongo si puede ser para novatos como yo un esquema con todos los pares de apriete del motor bafang y el bastidor CEF50, motor, suspensiones, triangulo y batería. Sería interesante no cargar el marco especialmente para novatos como yo.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
"Hello, I propose if it could be for newbies like me a diagram with all the tightening torques of the Bafang motor and the CEF50 frame, motor, suspensions, triangle and battery. It would be interesting not to load the framework especially for newbies like me."

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
Hey guys, how does it handle??? like a cheap LEVO or is it a bit off, have they nailed the GEO??? if setup in MULLET< do we need a different rear shock linkage???

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
Just finish build my bike 2 days ago and its DH feel similar to my Giga 290. I owm several big brand, from ibis intense, yeti, specialize, santa cruz to last nukeproof. I never been soo satisfied with my bike before. I am using 48v motor n battery.

View attachment 131975
WOW< how does it handle, compaired to the big brand bikes, its if OFF or is it fine and stears normally and not wrong??

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Hey guys, how does it handle??? like a cheap LEVO or is it a bit off, have they nailed the GEO??? if setup in MULLET< do we need a different rear shock linkage???
bro the geometry its way better then Levo V1 from DH feel to motor power . There are no other linkage 27.5. The BB height its 360 and megatower its about 345 so if u lower your BB by converting to 27.5 would be 341mm.

Last edited:

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
bro the geometry its way better then Levo V1 from DH feel to motor power but if i prefer XC riding position then levo V1 its a better option. There are no other linkage 27.5. The BB height its 360 and megatower its about 345 so if u lower your BB by converting to 27.5 would be 341mm.
thx so much, I just did not want to buy a bike that did not stear right or feel wrong and put me off, I have a rocky MTN w 65.5 HA, it goes down well, so I just did not want to down grade handling and looks like you ride some hot bikes, so thx for the info!!!

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Swinging a leg over the Levo and then the CEF50, you don't notice subtle differences. But both are trail emtbs afterall. And both are just as capable as each other.
Screenshot_20240116_022036_Gallery.jpg

Obviously, the components between the two will influence the ride characteristics. Suspension components with more adjustability will aid in getting any bike more dialed for a rider.
Screenshot_20240116_022040_Gallery.jpg

The levo with its fox 38 factory definitely outperforms my CEF50 with the the Fox 36 performance. However, clearly the CEF50 was designed to support a Fox 38 / Rockshox Zeb etc with its oversized headtube. Same thing with the shock. The x2 (2024) factory outperforms the float X, due to more adjustability.
Screenshot_20240116_022045_Gallery.jpg

The CEF50 doesn't have adjustable geometry chips or headset cups. But truth be told, I don't think it needs it. 64.5° headtube angle with a 160mm travel fork and a 78° effective seat tube angle makes the bike usable and workable in various circumstances in a 29er front and rear configuration (imo). But mullet setup can work as well. Just be careful of the bb height, as you may want to run a 170mm travel fork to raise the bb again.
Screenshot_20240116_022051_Gallery.jpg

Reach, stack height, seat tube height, and overall wheelbase are pretty close (XL & S5).

Don't get me wrong, the levo is the better bike. No doubt in my mind. Afterall, its Specialized😁. But Shenzhen Zhaosheng have definitely made a capable and versatile trail emtb which will perform and can be ridden hard.....within the confines of a trail emtb.

If you're after a enduro/long travel emtb frameset, the CEF50 IS NOT the bike for you. But I do prefer at times, a trail mid travel emtb. Especially, for quick power hour sessions. Which the CEF50 is brilliant at👍🏿

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
Swinging a leg over the Levo and then the CEF50, you don't notice subtle differences. But both are trail emtbs afterall. And both are just as capable as each other.
View attachment 132504
Obviously, the components between the two will influence the ride characteristics. Suspension components with more adjustability will aid in getting any bike more dialed for a rider.
View attachment 132505
The levo with its fox 38 factory definitely outperforms my CEF50 with the the Fox 36 performance. However, clearly the CEF50 was designed to support a Fox 38 / Rockshox Zeb etc with its oversized headtube. Same thing with the shock. The x2 (2024) factory outperforms the float X, due to more adjustability.
View attachment 132506
The CEF50 doesn't have adjustable geometry chips or headset cups. But truth be told, I don't think it needs it. 64.5° headtube angle with a 160mm travel fork and a 78° effective seat tube angle makes the bike usable and workable in various circumstances in a 29er front and rear configuration (imo). But mullet setup can work as well. Just be careful of the bb height, as you may want to run a 170mm travel fork to raise the bb again.
View attachment 132507
Reach, stack height, seat tube height, and overall wheelbase are pretty close (XL & S5).

Don't get me wrong, the levo is the better bike. No doubt in my mind. Afterall, its Specialized😁. But Shenzhen Zhaosheng have definitely made a capable and versatile trail emtb which will perform and can be ridden hard.....within the confines of a trail emtb.

If you're after a enduro/long travel emtb frameset, the CEF50 IS NOT the bike for you. But I do prefer at times, a trail mid travel emtb. Especially, for quick power hour sessions. Which the CEF50 is brilliant at👍🏿
you ROCK< thx again for the info!! I am not after a super long travel bike, but from what you said, it won't be WRONG< they make it work... I will do a test w mullet in the rear as my current bike has 27.5 rear wheel....

maybe 160 up front w shorter cranks....it all in the testing, but thx again for nailing the answer!! I am a electronic designer if you need help w electronics, I am here! thx again

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
If you want long travel and want an Enduro set up...the CEF50 geo easily accommodates.🤟

I'm running 180/165 on a large frame since last May. Sure most are doing a mid-travel 160/150 as spec'd, and mixed wheel. But the frame works with bigger cush too, which makes tech climbs more plush and rowdy descents smooth and planted with more agility than the heavier, full-powered brethren. Plus, the dropper slams to the collar for max maneuverability on tech descents.💪

Go 150-155 mm crank lengths, and 38 forks and now it's an Enduro rig comparable to a Transition Relay PNW edition, just with more power and torque (75 Nm) and way more range with a 720Wh battery at a very comparable weight 44-46 lbs depending tire casing, liners, componentry level etc. Oh, and it's cheaper than the Relay!👊

The CEF50 is 3/4 beastie-powered bike and a true unicorn 🦄!

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Sorry, I am confusing my bikes. I have these on another bike with IS cups the CEF50 uses ZS cups.
But Acros does make one:
Once again for non-icr headset cable routing.

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
you ROCK< thx again for the info!! I am not after a super long travel bike, but from what you said, it won't be WRONG< they make it work... I will do a test w mullet in the rear as my current bike has 27.5 rear wheel....

maybe 160 up front w shorter cranks....it all in the testing, but thx again for nailing the answer!! I am a electronic designer if you need help w electronics, I am here! thx again
If you want long travel and want an Enduro set up...the CEF50 geo easily accommodates.🤟

I'm running 180/165 on a large frame since last May. Sure most are doing a mid-travel 160/150 as spec'd, and mixed wheel. But the frame works with bigger cush too, which makes tech climbs more plush and rowdy descents smooth and planted with more agility than the heavier, full-powered brethren. Plus, the dropper slams to the collar for max maneuverability on tech descents.💪

Go 150-155 mm crank lengths, and 38 forks and now it's an Enduro rig comparable to Transition Relay PNW edition, just with more power and torque (75 Nm) and way more range with a 720Wh battery at a very comparable weight 44-46 lbs depending tire casing, liners, componentry level etc. Oh, and it's cheaper than the Relay!👊

The CEF50 is 3/4 beastie-powered bike and a true unicorn 🦄!
OMG< that is great to hear!!

Ktronik

Jan 15, 2024
Australia
that what i been trying to tell you, cef50 its a beast bro.. i am a person whom like long travel enduro bike and there should be a reason why i want to give up for it, definitely just not because of the motor, the motor.
what do you think the head angle would be in a mullet setup if its at 64.5 already??? are you riding mullet setup??

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
what do you think the head angle would be in a mullet setup if its at 64.5 already??? are you riding mullet setup??
Not the CEF50, but the LCE930, so similar in many ways. Roughly 0,5-1 degree less headangle is what you get when converting any full 29" to mullet.

First one is 29"
IMG_0284.PNG

Second is same bike as mullet, 2,8"X27.5" rear tire
IMG_0287.PNG

After riding both I like the full 29" more, at least on trails, mostly because of the steeper seattube angle.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Not the CEF50, but the LCE930, so similar in many ways. Roughly 0,5-1 degree less headangle is what you get when converting any full 29" to mullet.

First one is 29"
View attachment 132513

Second is same bike as mullet, 2,8"X27.5" rear tire
View attachment 132514

After riding both I like the full 29" more, at least on trails, mostly because of the steeper seattube angle.

63.2° with 2.8 rear, imagine if you use 2.4 or 2.5. On the CEF50 with 150 front travel, 210x51 rear shock and 2 x 2.9 (2.4), i mesure 63.5° and 1.3 M of wheelbase on my XL. i would prefer 27.5 rear (more light and strong), but i want not less than 63.5 and more than 1.3M. That means 29 rear mandatory for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles