Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
Hey,

Can anyone share 4 digit Fox code from his Float X2 Factory? I’m thinking about upgrading my shock and I need to verify the tune.

Thx :)

Fox ID X2 Performance Levo 2022: FD7D
The Tune should be the same as the Factory X2, correct me if I`am wrong...

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Hey,

Can anyone share 4 digit Fox code from his Float X2 Factory? I’m thinking about upgrading my shock and I need to verify the tune.

Thx :)

Posted already, here it is:

2021 Series FLOAT X2
Part number: 979-63-010
Short ID: D9MP
Description: 2021, FLOAT X2, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, Specialized, Levo F1, 210, 55, CL002, JCR010, Rezi CM, SBC S08 Dream Silver Satin/SBC W03 Metallic White, Neutral Logo, N/M

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
No 100% sure, but there is no rattle when I pick up the back and drop it. I will get replaced my motor because the motor has its own issues, I will report if the motor was the problem.
What kind of motor problems? My rattle might be coming from my motor since it doesn't make the noise when peddling as best I can tell. The motor is way noisier when peddling uphill under load than my '19, is that one of your issues?

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
Do you guys notice that the rattle's gone with no assistance ?
Yesterday i try to find a clue.
I think my rattle is coming from motor.
When i keep it off, no noise at all

anditirol

Jun 14, 2021
Tirol, Austria
What kind of motor problems? My rattle might be coming from my motor since it doesn't make the noise when peddling as best I can tell. The motor is way noisier when peddling uphill under load than my '19, is that one of your issues?
My motor is very loud, it seems as there is something broken inside (clicking sound)... When I pedale without assistance (above 27 km/h or motor off), there is no sound from the motor... And the motor support level is sometimes very low. This could be a general problem with temperature management, that I will see with the new motor.

And I have as mentioned above a rattle from inside the frame. This is also there when the motor is off.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Anyone know a good place to buy new stickers for the fox 38 performance elite and x2 performance, in white? Will be changing them on my expert when it arrives

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
If you want strong brakes just get the levers and use the magura calipers. Shiguras are strong and have light lever feel.

If I had Maguras on my bike I would probably leave them. I have gen3 Expert and it comes with Codes RS stock. It’s not that Codes lack power of that I don’t hate SRAM brakes, I just prefer Shimano feel and I’m very happy with Saints 820 I have on my other bike.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Anyone know a good place to buy new stickers for the fox 38 performance elite and x2 performance, in white? Will be changing them on my expert when it arrives

Try these Fellas The mountain bike decal company. Customise your ride // Slik Graphics
Just used them for some custom stickers for my Zebs
They were very good
Loads of colour options, reasonably priced and delivered in a few days
Couldn't fault them

20210501_173549.jpg

Zoot Allures

Sep 17, 2019
West Wales
Picked up my Expert this week. Managed to get a couple of rides in after work and loving it so far.

Unlike other spesh bikes I've had, there isn't a frame sticker with the frame size on it (S4 / S5 etc). Does anyone know how I can double check this for my frame?

Zoot Allures

Sep 17, 2019
West Wales
Picked up my Expert this week. Managed to get a couple of rides in after work and loving it so far.

Unlike other spesh bikes I've had, there isn't a frame sticker with the frame size on it (S4 / S5 etc). Does anyone know how I can double check this for my frame?
All sorted - just e-mailed Spesh with my serial number and they confirmed it's definitely S5 as expected ?

Herf

Jun 19, 2021
Boulder, CO
I bought a 2022 Turbo Levo Pro a couple weeks ago. Sweet ride. Plugged in charger, which showed charging. Shortly afterward I tried to turn on at TCU, but display would quickly show "No Battery" and then turn off. Bike would not power up.

Took main battery out and put back in several times with no success. Took to LBS. They swapped out for another TCU and same indication. They communicated with Specialized headquarters for awhile. Finally cleaned battery charging port and problem went away.

So suspicion is that a metallic particle got on the port area and was shorting out some part of it. That port appears to be magnetized, so I could see where it would 'attract' particles.

So moral of the story, keep charging port clean and even clean the charger plug before inserting. Also disappointed that TCU would not power up using its own coin cell battery(?) and could show some diagnosis, including possibly with "Mission Control" app.

Last edited:

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
I bought a 2022 Turbo Levo Pro a couple weeks ago. Sweet ride. Plugged in charger, which showed charging. Shortly afterward I tried to turn on at TCU, but display would quickly show "No Battery" and then turn off. Bike would not power up.

Took main battery out and put back in several times with no success. Took to LBS. They swapped out for another TCU and same indication. They communicated with Specialized headquarters for awhile. Finally cleaned battery charging port and problem went away.

So suspicion is that a magnetic particle got on the port area and was shorting out some part of it. That port appears to be magnetized, so I could see where it would 'attract' particles.

So moral of the story, keep charging port clean and even clean the charger plug before inserting. Also disappointed that TCU would not power up using its own coin cell battery(?) and could show some diagnosis, including possibly with "Mission Control" app.
Good point to be aware of! My local bike shop told me about the magnetic port because it may attract particles like metal spans etc.

toublanc

May 18, 2021
Poland
Fox ID X2 Performance Levo 2022: FD7D
The Tune should be the same as the Factory X2, correct me if I`am wrong...
I have the same ID on my Float X2 performance, but Factory series shocks have different tune, probably due to different circuits (HSC,LSC/HSR,LSR). Ruppia was already kind enough to share tune ID for factory shock - D9MP.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
after adding the battery extender plastic spacer on my S5 Expert, I still have a noise that sounds like something is loose when riding downhill on rough track. I pulled the battery out and it's tight getting the battery completely out but it's not very tight when the battery is fully in. I'm wondering if the battery is not tight enough on the bigger sizes? Any ideas?

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
after adding the battery extender plastic spacer on my S5 Expert, I still have a noise that sounds like something is loose when riding downhill on rough track. I pulled the battery out and it's tight getting the battery completely out but it's not very tight when the battery is fully in. I'm wondering if the battery is not tight enough on the bigger sizes? Any ideas?

I took out the TCU and unplugged the harness to shrink wrap the controller cable and brake hose together. When I did this, I noticed quite a bit of space in that cavity where the harness plugs could possibly rattle against the frame depending on how it is packed in there. You may want to try looking in that area if you haven't already. Maybe put some extra padding (paper. sponge, etc.) in there to troubleshoot whether it is caused by the cable harness. Good luck.

Gerald.

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
Hi did you get this part and if so
Where? I just broke mine the same!!! Please let me know.
thx
Brian

My S-Works didn't even come with it or the LBS broke it when putting my bike together. Been running around with the port area taped up using gaffers tape. I've been waiting for a warranty replacement from Specialized through the LBS for almost a month now...

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
are there any real life pictures of the maroon expert? The maroon enduro expert looks great, but its gloss painted…..
I have a Maroon one, I guess I could take some pictures I have had it for about 3 weeks now an S2 version as I am 5'6". This is my first MTB eva to boot an E-MTB. I will take pictures tonight.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles