Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
OK my lovely helpful lot - the bike now has a 27.5 rear wheel, flipthing set to "high" (which I assume is also the shortest chainstays?), and I did the +1 headset cup thing. All seems to work other than the gears aren't super happy with the new cassette but I can sort that.

Do I need to do anything to the TCU for the new wheel size? I assume it still thinks it's a 29er and it'll give incorrect speeds and (worse) cut out earlier on the trails?

Thanks!

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
OK my lovely helpful lot - the bike now has a 27.5 rear wheel, flipthing set to "high" (which I assume is also the shortest chainstays?), and I did the +1 headset cup thing. All seems to work other than the gears aren't super happy with the new cassette but I can sort that.

Do I need to do anything to the TCU for the new wheel size? I assume it still thinks it's a 29er and it'll give incorrect speeds and (worse) cut out earlier on the trails?

Thanks!
Nice!
No, the "high" chlip fip position is the longest chainstays.
You are right, the wheel size has to be recalibrated (by a Specialized reseller...).

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
Oh! Wouldn't it be better to have shorter chainstays to help with the mullet-small-rear-penny-farthing-effect? Or does that make the BB so low you just can't ride?

And great. I'll talk to the shop about the TCU. Thanks!

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
Now wondering if I should have just flipped the chip thing to make the chainstays shorter and left everything else as it was.. any thoughts? :)
I was trying to solve a sluggish feeling on the bike compared to my non-assist 650b bike.

MatCret

Jan 21, 2024
France, FarWest France
The manual says "high" is the shorter chainstays. :)
Oh! Yes, I'm wrong! But the "short position" chainstays are already pretty long.... so.... :rolleyes:
My choices on the configuration were based on mimicking my non electric enduro bike's geometry, this is the closest numbers I managed to get. And the feeling is good, still riding both bikes.

Last edited:

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
I went out for my first mullet ride last night, and I'm not sure it's 'better'. I reckon it's about 10% more reactive, but has a bit of a weird backwards weight trend..

gone back to 29 for now, but will re-visit.

Apr 11, 2023
US
Battery question (internal/extender). What is degradation like for everyone out there? My battery Max Capacity is 90%. My extend(s) seem to be cutting off around 40% while using (external first) as of late, they used cut off around 45 or 46%...

Apr 11, 2023
US
I went out for my first mullet ride last night, and I'm not sure it's 'better'. I reckon it's about 10% more reactive, but has a bit of a weird backwards weight trend..

gone back to 29 for now, but will re-visit.
I think it depends on trails u ride. jumping and tight switch mullet really shines atleast for me (5'5")....

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
Yesterday was tight berms and jumps - and a load of pedaling.

On sunday I'm back in the surrey hills which is a bit steeper and a bit faster and I think the 29 will be fine there.

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
I didnt love how low the BB was - I've been looking at offset shock bushes - anyone tried them? I'd rather spend £40 over the £250 aussie bracket thing

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Battery question (internal/extender). What is degradation like for everyone out there? My battery Max Capacity is 90%. My extend(s) seem to be cutting off around 40% while using (external first) as of late, they used cut off around 45 or 46%...
Mine (internal) is still at 100% after roughly 7.000 miles/3 years. Not using a range extender.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I didnt love how low the BB was - I've been looking at offset shock bushes - anyone tried them? I'd rather spend £40 over the £250 aussie bracket thing
I asked the manufacturer about that and they didn't recommend it.

What's the Aussie bracket thing?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Does it fit? I thought the KSL and Enduro were only visually similar.

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
Apparently so, though I haven't tried it.
The shop I bought my bike from told me about them as a recommendation.

Teoslav

Nov 4, 2023
Zagreb, Croatia
Unrelated question;
I broke the cage of the sram T-type XO. To be exact it is not broken but really bent. I have a hard time finding any websites that keep the cage in stock. For example; you can order it right now via r2bikes but it says it will take them 6-8 weeks to get the part and then ship it to me. Bike24, bike-discount and so on do not have it on their website. I am curious if anyone knows where can I order it right now.

I am from Europe

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Don't discount the mullet after one ride :- ) It takes a moment to get used to after riding it as 29ner before. But it will be more rear-biased regardless. I am riding mine as mullet for second year in row and it feels really natural.
The only time I hit the stock pedals (very chunky Deity T-Macs with no running edge) on stock 170mm cranks is when I absent-mindedly pedal up-hill over some rocks which I tend to do these days as the heat&humidity makes me fall asleep during rides :- ).
I am riding short-chainstay flipchip and neutral headset, so even lower BB than you and it feels great. I would give it a week or two before reverting.

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
Hi all. Hope it’s ok to ask a kinda non kenevo related question. I’ve ridden my sl twice now, once at BikePark wales and I’m loving it. I’m in a position where I can’t afford to keep my Stumpjumper Evo. Will the KSL be good as my only bike, I’m worried am gonna miss the old one. Stupid I know.

Apr 11, 2023
US
Hi all. Hope it’s ok to ask a kinda non kenevo related question. I’ve ridden my sl twice now, once at BikePark wales and I’m loving it. I’m in a position where I can’t afford to keep my Stumpjumper Evo. Will the KSL be good as my only bike, I’m worried am gonna miss the old one. Stupid I know.
sell it now while you can get the most for it, I only have KSL and its a great all around bike...

altrezia

Aug 14, 2024
UK
Where as I would miss my enduro if I had to sell it. KSL is very capable but it's big and heavy. Like a hammer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles