SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Has anybody tried different cranks yet? I'm not keen on the 170mm cranks.
The trend for many E-mtbers is 160-165 mm. I like mine even shorter at 155 mm in order to set up a generous 30% sag in my rear suspension and still minimize pedal strikes. ✌️

Last edited:

LEE.

Mar 8, 2023
korea
The battery was made with 43v 610wh.
The overall weight reduction and the 43v battery make it feel more powerful. Feeling like 75nm-->80nm? ^^;
20230511_185621.jpg
20230512_151352.jpg
20230512_191120.jpg
20230512_191129.jpg

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
How was the internal routing headset install?
Im seriously thinking on routing the cables through the hole meant for a button.
I hate internal headset routing
I had them put normal side access cable ports on mine
>>> Update, they could not install the ports in time to meet the sailing of the container ship so I chose to ship the frame rather than wait. So I went with Nukeproof headsets. I would be concerned with water getting in to the motor with any of the other headsets I have seen
:)
two sides hole.jpeg

Last edited:

Imanol

Jan 30, 2023
Bizkaia
Medidas iniciales:
Extensión máxima de choque del cuadro: 214 mm
Extensión mínima de choque del cuadro: 157 mm
¿Lo que esto significa?
Con un impacto ojo/ojo de 210 mm, el recorrido máximo puede ser de 52,5 mm, cualquier cosa después de eso entrará en contacto con/romperá el marco como [USUARIO=24414]@LAnton[/USUARIO] dijo antes.

Ahora a instalar amortiguadores y tomar algunas fotos para liquidación. No haré la bobina hoy porque está instalada en mi otra bicicleta, pero iré con Rockshox SD Ultimate y Suntour TriAir, ambas

Initial measures:
Frame max shock extension: 214mm
Frame min shock extension: 157mm
What this means?
With a 210mm eye/eye shock, the maximum stroke can be 52.5mm, anything after that will contact/break the frame as @LAnton said before.

Now to install shocks and take some pictures for clearance. I wont be doing the coil one today since it's installed in my other bike but will go with the Rockshox SD Ultimate and Suntour TriAir, both with piggyback
if the travel stop touches the linkage with the seatstays, if the linkage is aluminum it can be filed down to be able to mount a 210-55mm or 216-60/63 shock... I've done it on an Ican E12 frame that I'm building now

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
if the travel stop touches the linkage with the seatstays, if the linkage is aluminum it can be filed down to be able to mount a 210-55mm or 216-60/63 shock... I've done it on an Ican E12 frame that I'm building now
Show us pics when/if you can please. I'm hoping that the 55 mm stroke somehow does work when my frame finally gets here soon! 🤞 I assume the rocker arm/link is alloy.🤔 So might be an interesting adaptation....kind of like a cascade aftermarket link allows more travel on an OEM linkage.

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
Based on the pictures, it looks like the linkage may be carbon.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Based on the pictures, it looks like the linkage may be carbon.
Yes definitely, the cross bar is carbon both on my DengFu E06 and my LCES04 (see pic below). That's the "seatstay linkage part"...yipes! I wouldn't want to modify that.

I thought he was talking the rocker arm somehow being filed down. That's why I thought pics might further clarify.

Cascade components custom fits a CNCd rocker arm/link for a few big brand E-mtbs out there to increase travel...

I'd still be interested in seeing it. Just to understand the mod.😎

PXL_20230513_201524585~2.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Indeed, I don't know if a coil will fit even with over stroking, but to get the max travel the best would be:
216x63 shock
2x1.5mm (or 2mm) offset bushing
7.5mm travel reducer.

This can be achieved for example with a DVO Topaz, DVO Jade, Float X or Suntour triair.
Those travel reducers, they limit the stroke by not allowing the damper to fully compress? Means, at end of reduced stroke the damper will hit a shim or spacer?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Yes definitely, the cross bar is carbon both on my DengFu E06 and my LCES04 (see pic below). That's the "seatstay linkage part"...yipes! I wouldn't want to modify that.

I thought he was talking the rocker arm somehow being filed down. That's why I thought pics might further clarify.

Cascade components custom fits a CNCd rocker arm/link for a few big brand E-mtbs out there to increase travel...

I'd still be interested in seeing it. Just to understand the mod.😎

View attachment 114489
The CEF50 frame does not have a crossbar like pictured, correct?

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Those travel reducers, they limit the stroke by not allowing the damper to fully compress? Means, at end of reduced stroke the damper will hit a shim or spacer?

Yep, like 99.9% of the shocks available in the market; the main diff is that these ones its quite easy to change the stroke

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
I’m going for the non headset routing until I find a proper one, aesthetic but at least I will be able to change the headset bearings without having to disassemble a brake line, shifter and dropper cables

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles