SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Yep, like 99.9% of the shocks available in the market; the main diff is that these ones its quite easy to change the stroke
Thanks mate. Never did that with a shock (no reason, more travel is always better 😂). Just did this on forks, and here its the other way round. Fork will not fully extend, with effect on installed length….

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
If this is the problem, just treat the carbon like You would do with aluminum. Take a file an rework the area. I doubt it will weaken the part seriously. There is no force or sideload to be considered in this area imho.
Even if you could modify to fit 210x55 can it still run a 29" wheel without hitting the seat tube at full compression?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
If this is the problem, just treat the carbon like You would do with aluminum. Take a file an rework the area. I doubt it will weaken the part seriously. There is no force or sideload to be considered in this area imho.
So, literally file or shave off this part of the carbon/alloy (?) rocker arm down (in red) to allow more rotation at this pivot point? This prevents binding and increases travel and should allow the 55 stroke to work? 🤯🤯🤯

Oh wow! I'm still processing no crossbar in the linkage. Blind spot I guess.😁
Screenshot_20230309-004108~2.png

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Buy a spare rocker arm to play with.
or Ask them to modify it for you (if they haven't sent it yet)
or both

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Buy a spare rocker arm to play with.
or Ask them to modify it for you (if they haven't sent it yet)
or both
Yeah, that's what I was also thinking! Request a spare.👍

But for now, I'll try to fit the 210x55 to see what happens, take a pic for "science" with the expectation I'll have to "down" stroke it to 52.5 mm.

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Yes, unless since the motor talks canbus to the display, the motor senses the battery data and it gets sent to the display via the motor connections. The folks here making DIY batteries can relate whether they are seeing the battery status info on their displays or not.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
It was sarcasm. I know of only one headset that will fit, by Acros, let alone an angle set.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Acros actually makes an angle set in ZS52/66 but the frame must be made to use it. It appears to have two pins sticking down which would auto align it but still the wrong size. :(
Dead pan humor does not translate well thru google either so I should cease and desist.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Acros actually makes an angle set in ZS52/66 but the frame must be made to use it. It appears to have two pins sticking down which would auto align it but still the wrong size. :(
Dead pan humor does not translate well thru google either so I should cease and desist.
No don’t, I’ll be all alone then. Although if I had a dime for every time some one didn’t get my dry sense of humor I wouldn’t be in this forum trying to figure out how to build a 2k emtb.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I know of only one headset that will fit, by Acros, let alone an angle set.

Looks like I'll need 2 x shoeboxes for CEF50. One full of hangers, the other full of headsets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, who makes these decisions? Proprietary hangers and obscure headsets!
Headset cable routing I can live with (just) but at least use commonly available components FFS.
This is insanity.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Looks like I'll need 2 x shoeboxes for CEF50. One full of hangers, the other full of headsets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, who makes these decisions? Proprietary hangers and obscure headsets!
Headset cable routing I can live with (just) but at least use commonly available components FFS.
This is insanity.

Totally agree, it's like driving on the wrong side of the road or something. Sheesh!

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
wondering... are there two versions of the M820 motor? One 43v and one 36v? Or is there only one motor that is compatible with both 43v and 36V? i.e. can you switch between batteries of different voltages on the same motor?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles