SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
wondering... are there two versions of the M820 motor? One 43v and one 36v? Or is there only one motor that is compatible with both 43v and 36V? i.e. can you switch between batteries of different voltages on the same motor?
Two differrent motors.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Looks like I'll need 2 x shoeboxes for CEF50. One full of hangers, the other full of headsets :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, who makes these decisions? Proprietary hangers and obscure headsets!
Headset cable routing I can live with (just) but at least use commonly available components FFS.
This is insanity.
Unfortunately it is the buyers who think a mountain bike should be pretty instead of practical.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
wondering... are there two versions of the M820 motor? One 43v and one 36v? Or is there only one motor that is compatible with both 43v and 36V? i.e. can you switch between batteries of different voltages on the same motor?
2 version 36v and 43v. 36v motor can use 43v battery but will show wrong battery display. vice versa.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Any 52mm top ICR headset will fit tbh, I tried a Cane creek 52mm bearing and fits perfectly.
But headsets are not spec'ed by the bearing size but the opening in the headset. So the SHIS label for this bike should be ZS56/28.6 upper ZS66/40 lower, correct?

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
After weeks of harassing Linda to send me pics. She finally did. She said the bike will ship this Friday. So I’m going hold my breath between now and then. Which is a lot because the longest I’ve been able to hold my breath this far has been 32 seconds.

IMG_0906.jpeg

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
After weeks of harassing Linda to send me pics. She finally did. She said the bike will ship this Friday. So I’m going hold my breath between now and then. Which is a lot because the longest I’ve been able to hold my breath this far has been 32 seconds.

View attachment 114648
hey that's the same colour as mine! I told them to leave the rocker pivot black though. Whew, not complete twinsies. Looks like you are in Vancouver... I'm in the Okanagan so we likely won't bump into each other on the trails anyways :)

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Well now you told me that, I'll do all my riding in Canada. I'll just say "hey you see a guy who's got one of these with black thingy-ma-bob right about here?". I'm in Vancouver Washington, so not exactly close, close-ish though. So no concern over me stalking you :LOL:. I was on the fence about the black rocker. I love the gloss chalk/battleship grey though.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Yes the idea of water getting in and flowing down into the battery is a nightmare to me.
Yep...even in my normal drier southwest desert conditions, I still want a tight seal if I ever wash my bike down! Plus, I often camp in our local Alpine mountains during the summer season where it rains a lot during monsoon months🏕️...so would prefer not to deluge the headset and compromise the electronics.⚡

I might have to carry a plastic bag to cover it if I can't properly seal the ports on the cover with silicon adhesive tape. 🤔

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Be aware that many caulking sealant have corrosive agents that help it cure.

adhere academy: are RTV silicone sealants corrosive?

"Acetoxy
As the name suggest, the by-product of cure is acetic acid. Most people carrying out DIY work on showers, baths and kitchens are familiar with acetoxy cure silicone sealants that give off the characteristic odour resembling strong vinegar. This family of sealants dominates the world of silicone sealants because of their extensive use as construction sealants in buildings in such applications as expansion joints, window installations, etc. However, the formation of acetic acid places a restriction on their use in applications where non-corrosion is a prerequisite."

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Be aware that many caulking sealant have corrosive agents that help it cure.

adhere academy: are RTV silicone sealants corrosive?

"Acetoxy
As the name suggest, the by-product of cure is acetic acid. Most people carrying out DIY work on showers, baths and kitchens are familiar with acetoxy cure silicone sealants that give off the characteristic odour resembling strong vinegar. This family of sealants dominates the world of silicone sealants because of their extensive use as construction sealants in buildings in such applications as expansion joints, window installations, etc. However, the formation of acetic acid places a restriction on their use in applications where non-corrosion is a prerequisite."

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I don't think a hot glue gun will seal around a cable?
That is why I want a headset with rubber seals around each cable.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I think Tom posted it in the ICR headset thread or I have a shot with the other components in the Spec thread.
I did get this email from Linda showing the top cap filed to reduce risk of cutting the cables.
Yes in the main spec thread about third picture down shows the headset pieces but not in high res.
polish-1.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles