SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Newest headset cap protoype from Zhaosheng.
Looks good to me.
Mine View attachment 125377
Linda said will be ready later this week!🤞 (No price for upgrade yet). Stock has shredded my dropper cable as expected. And water ingress for headset creaking. 🫣
PXL_20230925_133846176.jpg

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I'd decided I was happy with most of my settings (M510 not 820) but startup angle would be nice to change. Was curious about go+ though and the idea of having a spare display and switch seemed worth it for future troubleshooting !
Just as long as it works as advertised.👍

Would hopefully be an improvement over BEEST at the very least.🤞

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I have the V3 display and connected it with the Bafang Go+ app. You can adjust acceleration feature and startup angle (valid for all 5 PAS) the speed limit for each PAS, and the max. output power for each PAS in a very limited range. I played a little with it, acceleration feature i could not recognize a significant effect, strartup angle I only set to 0 because I want immediate acceleration. The other settings- hmmmm, I personally dont want a lower speed limit here in EU, and the minimal range You can adjust max power is basically useless for me. Summary: For the time beeing I don’t urgently need it.

IMG_1197.png IMG_1196.png

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I bought mine from Linda and received it, hooked it up etc. I use Go+ to configure support settings for each mode. I will say there are limitations in how far you drag the sliders. My default riding style was between two of the modes so it allowed me to modify it enough the bridge the gap. I also ordered the BESST setup. There's not much you can do there other than calibration, which did help smoothen things out. My only problem is that I like to retain my momentum going downhill by throwing in the extra couple of pedal strokes but the motor doesn't kick on quickly enough. I don't have a solution for that yet. Although I am open to ideas.
Is that Anna at Greenbikekit on AliExpress

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I'd decided I was happy with most of my settings (M510 not 820) but startup angle would be nice to change. Was curious about go+ though and the idea of having a spare display and switch seemed worth it for future troubleshooting !
What exactly is the startup angle. I've messed with it but I struggle to understand exactly what it's doing.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What exactly is the startup angle. I've messed with it but I struggle to understand exactly what it's doing.
Effectively it's how far round you have to cycle the crank before assistance begins. So a high start up angle means you'll have to pretty much do a whole revolution before assistance will begin. A low figure means it will start assisting almost as soon as it detects the cranks moving.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Effectively it's how far round you have to cycle the crank before assistance begins. So a high start up angle means you'll have to pretty much do a whole revolution before assistance will begin. A low figure means it will start assisting almost as soon as it detects the cranks moving.
So that lag I am experiencing should go away now that I've set it to 0 degrees. I'll let you know if I notice an improvement, thank you.

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
So that lag I am experiencing should go away now that I've set it to 0 degrees. I'll let you know if I notice an improvement, thank you.
It also increase the ramp up at 0 degrees which is extremely annoying. You won’t be able to ratchet your crank like an analogue bike when experiencing a rough uphill switchback on the trails

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I have the V3 display and connected it with the Bafang Go+ app. You can adjust acceleration feature and startup angle (valid for all 5 PAS) the speed limit for each PAS, and the max. output power for each PAS in a very limited range. I played a little with it, acceleration feature i could not recognize a significant effect, strartup angle I only set to 0 because I want immediate acceleration. The other settings- hmmmm, I personally dont want a lower speed limit here in EU, and the minimal range You can adjust max power is basically useless for me. Summary: For the time beeing I don’t urgently need it.

View attachment 125470 View attachment 125471

I got my DP C245 v3 from Linda.
@thaeber These are almost exactly the same settings I used.

My initial stock settings felt ok. But I wanted the motor to assist earlier, there was a delay before the motor assisted.
Changing the angle startup to 0 solved this problem.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
It also increase the ramp up at 0 degrees which is extremely annoying. You won’t be able to ratchet your crank like an analogue bike when experiencing a rough uphill switchback on the trails

I'm guessing you can control the ramp-up by adjusting the "Acceleration Feature"?

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia

Several months ago, because of the delays with DP C245 v3, I bought a DZ41 to get me going.
When eventually the DPC245v3 arrived, I tuned the motor and put DPC245v3 into storage. I'm still using the DZ41 because It's inexpensive and does the job. If it breaks, it doesn't hurt so much.
I even used a spare old phone (who doesn't have one lying around? :p) because the app seems to be a bit invasive. Probably not malicious, but I didn't like the way it wants to keep running in the background.

Basically I just wanted to tune the motor and then forget about it.
DZ41.jpg

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I don't have BEEST, so I don't have any idea how/what works.
What is the limitation of BEEST with M820?
I think the BEEST tool only lets one recalibrate a new controller. Also, check battery voltage. The BESST -pro for the LBS they do speed adjustments and also clear error codes...still limited.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
I think the BEEST tool only lets one recalibrate a new controller. Also, check battery voltage. The BESST -pro for the LBS they do speed adjustments and also clear error codes...still limited.

Sounds disappointing for such an expensive piece of hardware. Is it because it's not designed for CAN bus?
For speed limit adjustment I use the usb dongle. not perfect, but its ok.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Sounds disappointing for such an expensive piece of hardware. Is it because it's not designed for CAN bus?
For speed limit adjustment I use the usb dongle. not perfect, but its ok.
Not sure honestly...I needed it when I had to replace M600 controller and flash it. Bafang is improving, but still behind Shimano a bit.

petkevich

Jun 6, 2023
San Diego
These are my motor settings from the besst tool. When I try to change, changing the slider settings and hitting save I get I need an account credential. Does anyone have one I can use?

PXL_20230926_045510897.jpg PXL_20230926_045359082.jpg

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia

View attachment 125470 View attachment 125471
Thank you. Now I have found these settings too :). It is very convenient to set up and test the motor on the phone.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 16.54.17.jpeg

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
These are my motor settings from the besst tool. When I try to change, changing the slider settings and hitting save I get I need an account credential. Does anyone have one I can use?

View attachment 125497 View attachment 125498
It's been almost a year ago, but I went to Bafang-e.com website and then to BEEST tool drop-down menu to request a secure password. Bafang emailed it a day later if I remember correctly.

My understanding is that the GO+ Bluetooth (V3) on the DPC 245 display is the only device that allows power level tuning for the consumer. I wasn't able to adjust anything via BEEST tool. But maybe they changed it since I last logged on due to firmware updates? Sorry that's all I know on BEEST.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles