Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I threw a Secus on my 38, Crank Bros Synthesis wheels (waiting) and my X2 is being replaced by an 11.6 Very happy with the bike so far, but the Pro would have been the value for sure. Oddly enough, I believe my Bullit felt stronger motor wise and downhilled Better. All around bike goes to the Levo.
356A3A84-D154-49AA-864B-B9B0A6B551A0.jpeg

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
I threw a Secus on my 38, Crank Bros Synthesis wheels (waiting) and my X2 is being replaced by an 11.6 Very happy with the bike so far, but the Pro would have been the value for sure. Oddly enough, I believe my Bullit felt stronger motor wise and downhilled Better. All around bike goes to the Levo.
View attachment 77851
Doesn't matter which you buy, the upgrades always follow.

My Pro got AXS shifting and dropper, Smashpot for the fork and Cane Creek shock. I would have upgraded the S-works too.

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
I got a Comp Alloy last week. Dealer told me official release will be around 14~16 December.
Looks like lots of folks outside of US getting their hands on Gen 3 levo alloy comp and carbon comp! Went to a Specialized dealer in San Diego Ca yesterday and they were still pretty private about details. Optimistic that specialized officially releases these models next week and I can get a better date dea when the US dealers may start seeing inventory.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
How does yours feel and sound? I get a strange rubbing noise on mine. Hard to describe.

I came from and still have a Superdeluxe ultimate with and without a meg neg. Going to fit it soon and send that X2 off

TFT have just fixed up my 38's. Posted in another thread but the bearings were too tight or had excessive play. The difference was so extreme it made me laugh
How does the shock feel? It’s OK, no strange noises and it feels smooth enough. It’s certainly not plush though but that is comparing to a custom tuned Ohlins on a longer travel bike. It doesn’t feel harsh and it’s reasonably supportive. It doesn’t blow through the travel and ramps up well at the end of the stroke.
The bike itself has some good rattles which is irritating. I have already fitted extra battery spacers and that’s quietened it down a bit. I need to do something with the internal cable/hose routing tubes as I’m sure they are source of the noise as has been mentioned previously here.
I have been lucky with my 38’s. I have them feeling plush already but I have had to back the HSC fully off. HSR is only 2 clicks from fully open. LSC about half way and LSR about 1/3 from fully closed. They feel nice but not as nice as the TF Tuned Charger in my old Boxxers. I’ll send them off to TF after the winter.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Doesn't matter which you buy, the upgrades always follow.

My Pro got AXS shifting and dropper, Smashpot for the fork and Cane Creek shock. I would have upgraded the S-works too.
Too right. I’d be changing stuff on the S-Works if I had one! Buying stuff is nearly as enjoyable as riding the bike!

Mike640

Dec 10, 2021
Portugal - Sintra
Looks like lots of folks outside of US getting their hands on Gen 3 levo alloy comp and carbon comp! Went to a Specialized dealer in San Diego Ca yesterday and they were still pretty private about details. Optimistic that specialized officially releases these models next week and I can get a better date dea when the US dealers may start seeing inventory.

Im from Portugal and already have a Comp Carbon 2022. The official launch is 14 of December.. 🙄

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
How does the shock feel? It’s OK, no strange noises and it feels smooth enough. It’s certainly not plush though but that is comparing to a custom tuned Ohlins on a longer travel bike. It doesn’t feel harsh and it’s reasonably supportive. It doesn’t blow through the travel and ramps up well at the end of the stroke.
The bike itself has some good rattles which is irritating. I have already fitted extra battery spacers and that’s quietened it down a bit. I need to do something with the internal cable/hose routing tubes as I’m sure they are source of the noise as has been mentioned previously here.
I have been lucky with my 38’s. I have them feeling plush already but I have had to back the HSC fully off. HSR is only 2 clicks from fully open. LSC about half way and LSR about 1/3 from fully closed. They feel nice but not as nice as the TF Tuned Charger in my old Boxxers. I’ll send them off to TF after the winter.

Found my 38s to be choked at anything under 3 clicks of HSR. Felt good at 4 clicks

My X2 sounds like this at 4 min 55 in. Maybe difficult to pick up on a phone but there's a strange noise. Almost like a rubbing plastic friction sort of noise. Has plenty of stiction and feels like the bearings are shot when it breaks away and then has harsh operation

The factory X2 doesn't do that. My X2 feels quite choppy if I'm honest. May just be dry and need a service but it's only 3 months old.

May sling a factory X2 on it. See how I get on with the superdeluxe first.

I'm getting there with the Levo but there's plenty wrong with it. Looking forward to having it all sorted as it's an excellent bike when it works

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Found my 38s to be choked at anything under 3 clicks of HSR. Felt good at 4 clicks

My X2 sounds like this at 4 min 55 in. Maybe difficult to pick up on a phone but there's a strange noise. Almost like a rubbing plastic friction sort of noise. Has plenty of stiction and feels like the bearings are shot when it breaks away and then has harsh operation

The factory X2 doesn't do that. My X2 feels quite choppy if I'm honest. May just be dry and need a service but it's only 3 months old.

May sling a factory X2 on it. See how I get on with the superdeluxe first.

I'm getting there with the Levo but there's plenty wrong with it. Looking forward to having it all sorted as it's an excellent bike when it works

Does your X2 sound like the one in this video:

Mine sounds like the shock in the video after it’s been fixed. If yours makes a loud squishy noise then there’s something wrong and should go back under warranty. It should be relatively quiet and make no more noise than a normal shock would.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Does your X2 sound like the one in this video:

Mine sounds like the shock in the video after it’s been fixed. If yours makes a loud squishy noise then there’s something wrong and should go back under warranty. It should be relatively quiet and make no more noise than a normal shock would.

Mine sounds exactly like yours after it's been fixed. Thank you. Obviously nothing wrong with it then

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Micro tune didn’t work for me today.

Was in eco, wanted a bit more, pressed and held +, after a while it beeped and went into trail. Then I couldn’t change anything, I think the screen just froze on trail.

rebooted, tried again, same thing happened.

I have the Berskshire Cycles de-restrictor fitted.

Am I trying to use micro tune correctly?

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina

Was in eco, wanted a bit more, pressed and held +, after a while it beeped and went into trail. Then I couldn’t change anything, I think the screen just froze on trail.

I believe mine works that way.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford

Press and hold + for four seconds to activate micro tune so you were doing it the right way. If it’s always worked even with a de-restrictor fitted then it shouldn’t be a problem. Have you tried it with the derestriction device removed?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Mine sounds exactly like yours after it's been fixed. Thank you. Obviously nothing wrong with it then
Sounds (no pun intended!) like it’s a setup/tune issue then. If you can’t find the sweet spot you may have to send it off to TF sooner rather than later. Poor suspension, after rubbish tyres, is the biggest thing that makes a good bike feel terrible.

I’m quite a big lad (riding an S6) and I run 268 PSI, LSC 10 clicks and LSR 4 clicks (both from fully closed) and it feels pretty good. I haven’t taken the air can off to check how many spacers are in it as I haven’t felt the need as the ramp up is about perfect.

If you are very light or very heavy then I can see how you’d be out of the available tuning range on the shock adjusters.

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Sounds (no pun intended!) like it’s a setup/tune issue then. If you can’t find the sweet spot you may have to send it off to TF sooner rather than later. Poor suspension, after rubbish tyres, is the biggest thing that makes a good bike feel terrible.

I’m quite a big lad (riding an S6) and I run 268 PSI, LSC 10 clicks and LSR 4 clicks (both from fully closed) and it feels pretty good. I haven’t taken the air can off to check how many spacers are in it as I haven’t felt the need as the ramp up is about perfect.

If you are very light or very heavy then I can see how you’d be out of the available tuning range on the shock adjusters.

10 clicks from clockwise/closed?

I've now got it set to the specialized calculator. Had LSC set to 0 (slowest). Now on about 11. Not sure I want a load of LSC dialled in.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Yes 10 clicks from fully closed/clockwise.

I found the Specialized suspension calculator results for the fork settings to not be ideal for me. It resulted in the fork feeling harsh and choked on bigger hits. After I have adjusted it now feels the opposite.
The settings for the shock however we’re pretty spot on. I’m only a couple of clicks away from the settings the suspension calculator suggested. I wouldn’t want lots of LSC dialled in either, that would make the shock feel harsh. The best thing to do is to find a trail that has a good mixture of terrain and do repeated runs adjusting one thing at a time so you can feel the difference.
I have been using the “bracketing” system for years and it works well. You just need to have the time and patience and the results will be the best can for standard suspension.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hello everyone, I own a turbo levo carbon expert 2022, surfing the net, I came across an ad regarding an ohlins coil ttx2 shock with a size of 210x60, I get the idea of trying it on my TL, but before buying impulsively, I ask if anyone has tried it and if it fits, the travel should increase by 13mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles