SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

hamncheez

Mar 9, 2021
USA
Hey guys! I know this is from like 40 pages back, but I'm trying to install my magnet speed sensor, but I have center lock rotors. Any suggestions?

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Hey guys! I know this is from like 40 pages back, but I'm trying to install my magnet speed sensor, but I have center lock rotors. Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20230919_084445_Chrome.jpg

hamncheez

Mar 9, 2021
USA
Thanks, mine are the TRP rotors that are thicker than most. I just clamped it in there. We'll see how well it holds or if I get an error 21 in the middle of a ride...

Herculesridesebikes

Jun 19, 2023
Australia
When re greasing the linkage today the end of this bolt snapped, I recommend being careful tightening them this was with a torque wrench at 12NM.

This is my only problem so far after 100km of riding. The bike feels amazing, this is my first ebike so I don't have much to compare it to other than my stumpjumper. It rides chunky stuff super well and gives you a lot of confidence on descents. I have also hit some decent sized jumps on this bike and it jumps great, super stable in the air and still very nimble to whip. My only complaint is the headset cable routing if you're going to get this frame do yourself a favour and get it with cable routing holes and maybe think about asking for some extra bolts.

Here's a crappy jump clip
Alibaba1015971260.png PXL_20230920_034945829.MP.jpg

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
The same thing happened to me. I have to figure out a solution to this. Let me know if you come up with one before I do.

When re greasing the linkage today the end of this bolt snapped, I recommend being careful tightening them this was with a torque wrench at 12NM.

This is my only problem so far after 100km of riding. The bike feels amazing, this is my first ebike so I don't have much to compare it to other than my stumpjumper. It rides chunky stuff super well and gives you a lot of confidence on descents. I have also hit some decent sized jumps on this bike and it jumps great, super stable in the air and still very nimble to whip. My only complaint is the headset cable routing if you're going to get this frame do yourself a favour and get it with cable routing holes and maybe think about asking for some extra bolts.

Here's a crappy jump clip
View attachment 125151 View attachment 125152

Yozha

Sep 10, 2023
Kazakhstan
Hi Everybody!
I’ve been reading this topic for a long time and am getting determined to build e-bike on CEF50 frame.
I currently have a 2019 Cube 120 HPC with a 500wh battery. I drive it mainly in eco mode, which allows me to cover about 60 km with a 2300-meter climb. I often want more, so I thought about the Bafang with 720wh battery.
Question for those who have already assembled their bike:
pproximately what distance and climb can be overcome on it?
Will I be able to make bigger runs than I can now on the Cube?
I started negotiations to purchase from this link "Unique Products To Sell Online 2023 29er Full Suspension Carbon Mountain Bike Frame Matte 29er/2.6" Non Toxic Bafang M820 - Buy Carbon Suspension Mtb Frame,29er Full Suspension Carbon Mountain Bike Frame,Frame 29er Full Suspension Product on Alibaba.com" Is this the correct link?
Jean wang advised for my interests (to drive further with minimal engine assistance) to order the e 48v/700wh battery option - do you agree with her?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
p.s.: sorry for my english

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Hi Everybody!
I’ve been reading this topic for a long time and am getting determined to build e-bike on CEF50 frame.
I currently have a 2019 Cube 120 HPC with a 500wh battery. I drive it mainly in eco mode, which allows me to cover about 60 km with a 2300-meter climb. I often want more, so I thought about the Bafang with 720wh battery.
Question for those who have already assembled their bike:
pproximately what distance and climb can be overcome on it?
Will I be able to make bigger runs than I can now on the Cube?
I started negotiations to purchase from this link "Unique Products To Sell Online 2023 29er Full Suspension Carbon Mountain Bike Frame Matte 29er/2.6" Non Toxic Bafang M820 - Buy Carbon Suspension Mtb Frame,29er Full Suspension Carbon Mountain Bike Frame,Frame 29er Full Suspension Product on Alibaba.com" Is this the correct link?
Jean wang advised for my interests (to drive further with minimal engine assistance) to order the e 48v/700wh battery option - do you agree with her?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
p.s.: sorry for my english
if mainly on level 1 it can reach 90km with 2000m climb.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Did Anyone have a problem Getting these bolts, that hold the motor in place out? Three bolts just spinns around

Do yours have nylon nuts or allen keys heads on both sides? If you have nylon nuts they are bad news. I made it work by jamming a flat head screwdriver to stop it from rotating, which is a really bad idea but it worked. I ordered set of thin wall sockets and even those would not fit. I have no idea what they were thinking by using nylon nuts in a hole the exact same size as the nuts but apparentlly changed to the two allen head ones.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Well the obvious question is are you holding an allen wrench on both sides? If you are and they are spinning there only two choices
1. one of the nuts are stripped/sheared or the shaft is broken.
2. It is unthreaded and you just need to pry the nut off.

Remember to thread lock these when you re-assemble.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Sorry to rehash the Bluetooth/GO+ for tuning characteristics.

Anyone have this DPC 245 display below?

Just curious to get some real-time feedback from those that have it. I'm good with my factory setup but wondering if it's worth the investment long-term.🤔
Screenshot_20230924-185653.png
Screenshot_20230924-185735.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sorry to rehash the Bluetooth/GO+ for tuning characteristics.

Anyone have this DPC 245 display below?

Just curious to get some real-time feedback from those that have it. I'm good with my factory setup but wondering if it's worth the investment long-term.🤔 View attachment 125453 View attachment 125454
I have one on order, was dispatched yesterday. Remember you need the 245 v3 with Bluetooth 5.1 for Go+. The V2 has Bluetooth 5.0 which will connect to, but not work with, Go+ ! Anna Shens group seem to be the only people with the V3 in stock. Will write up about what it actually enables once I have it.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I have one on order, was dispatched yesterday. Remember you need the 245 v3 with Bluetooth 5.1 for Go+. The V2 has Bluetooth 5.0 which will connect to, but not work with, Go+ ! Anna Shens group seem to be the only people with the V3 in stock. Will write up about what it actually enables once I have it.
Is that Anna at Greenbikekit on AliExpress?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Linda claims they have the V3.0 available also but I will be waiting for someone to report that GO+ does something useful before I try kicking that football. (thanks for the report @LAnton!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles