SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Since this frame with a 29er supports a 210x50 shock and I’ve got a 2022 float x 210x55, does anyone know where I can get those little 2 piece 2.5mm spacers to reduce the stroke to 50?
Ok so… answered my own question if you have a 2022 float x 210x55 you can call worldwide cyclery in the US and they will order it for you direct for FOX. There’s a new part number it’s called a 2.5 mm travel limiter and you will need longer screws to accommodate the two limiters. This will allow you in this frame to run a 29 inch wheel with a 210x50 shock avoiding any frame damage.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Ok so… answered my own question if you have a 2022 float x 210x55 you can call worldwide cyclery in the US and they will order it for you direct for FOX. There’s a new part number it’s called a 2.5 mm travel limiter and you will need longer screws to accommodate the two limiters. This will allow you in this frame to run a 29 inch wheel with a 210x50 shock avoiding any frame damage.
Hopefully you won't need 'em for longer 55 stroke travel? 🤞

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It will slightly change the head angle and seatube angle. A 140mm fork would make the head angle steeper and a 180mm would make it slightly more slack.
Gimme slack, as I'm a wannabe slacker...or trying to be one! Ok, the stout ale helps here, especially camping out in my truck solo...spooky at times. Jus' say'n. 🍻

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Theakston Old Peculier🍺
I'll try it if I can find it! Sounds interesting.
Screenshot_20230502-185615.png

I've been using heavy Yeti Imperial Stout. Puts extra hair on me all over...ya know like Big Foot...pungent too like one. The women seem to luv it! 😁
Screenshot_20230502-185805.png

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Getting impatient and bored.😵‍💫

We needs more M820 motor performance and CEF50 ride reviews. If you got one built...just do a brief shakedown ride and report please!😁

Some basic questions?

✔️How's the overall feel of your build? What's your travel f/r?

✔️Motor noise in turbo and climbing?

✔️What's your battery range 340?/410?/720wh? On flats vs. hills?

✔️Motor power compared to a full-powered (85Nm+) if you're able.

✔️Does that damn "rocky" turbo actually work? 😝

Last edited:

MI Rida

Oct 23, 2022
MI
It will slightly change the head angle and seatube angle. A 140mm fork would make the head angle steeper and a 180mm would make it slightly more slack.

I think you’ve got fork travel and fork offset mixed up. Fork offset is basically the distance between the front axle and the steering angle of your fork. Changes in offset(51 vs 44) affect the way the bike handles, but whether or not it’s noticeable to someone though depends on the rider and what they like to ride I’d say. Hope that helps.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
It seems with the advent of Enduro the "art" of singletack riding has fallen by the wayside. Big wide trails with berms. Lot's of suspension to just plow over everything. I grew up riding with no suspension and learned to "dance" through the rocks. Just hard to teach an old dog new tricks I guess but I love old fashioned single track. Picking a line through the rocks in an instant is one of the aspects that keeps me sharp. Unless I pick the wrong line....:)

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Still no extensive ride reports? :D
I’m interested to know on steep technical and/or high speeds how the bike behaves. I ask this because geo numbers don’t always tell the complete story. My KSL is planted at high speed and gives me tons of support in the steeps. That said I’ve just thrown a motor on my SJEvo (I was never going to ride an acoustic again once I got e-MTB heroin into my veins). It’s great at low speeds below 20ish but once I crossover that threshold….yikes, hang on buddy. So with that I’m going to mess with the head angle and lower the rear to see if that helps. But I am interested in knowing how our new project bikes are going to handle differing terrain. So what ever you all can tell me of those who’ve taken delivery and built their bikes up.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Thinking about the headset on the CEF50 I can't find any vendor that makes a ZS52/ZS66. Can anyone who has their bike confirm if the top cup is indeed 52mm, with zerostack cups and not integrated, or is it really 56mm which some vendors do make.
Thanks!

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
More M829 motor performance data please.😎

Also, 29er. 170 front fork/150 rear shock?
The motor is very productive. There is enough power both when driving downhill and when driving in a straight line. I really like the M820. Now I have a 160mm offset 42mm fork installed, a 150mm rear shock absorber. I don't like how the steering wheel is controlled. I'm waiting for a new 170mm plug with a 51mm offset to check.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
The motor is very productive. There is enough power both when driving downhill and when driving in a straight line. I really like the M820. Now I have a 160mm offset 42mm fork installed, a 150mm rear shock absorber. I don't like how the steering wheel is controlled. I'm waiting for a new 170mm plug with a 51mm offset to check.
Cool. What is the upper headset bearing measurement 52 or 56 mm?
I know spec says 52 mm but just wanted to double check.👍

Last edited:

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
Not very informative on what kind of trail/road is used forthe ride. What kind of support level on PAS 1 on mountain trails, battery consumption etc etc. Does it have a natural ramp up, how about support levels for Pas1 onwards?? What kind of power is it producing in terms of Watts per PAS levels???

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
That will be useful for many of use to know how the fork with 51mm offset rides vs. 42mm. My fork is 42mm.
Do you think the headset is really 52mm or is it 56mm on top?
Cheers

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Not very informative on what kind of trail/road is used forthe ride. What kind of support level on PAS 1 on mountain trails, battery consumption etc etc. Does it have a natural ramp up, how about support levels for Pas1 onwards?? What kind of power is it producing in terms of Watts per PAS levels???
More details from others just setting up their build will be coming on line over the next week or so.🤞

As far as wattage ratings at different power levels, it will be very subjective.
So far, two CEF50 owners are reporting about 75-80% of their M510 (95Nm) motors as a basis of comparison.

The only objective field test data either comes with a display to show wattage and/or someone that has power meter cranks or pedals. The display would have to be aftermarket with the DPC-860C ($150 USD). The cranks and pedals can be expensive at $500-1500 USD.💸

Personally, I'm just going to guess and compare too from M600 (100+Nm) on the high end and then my brief experience riding the Fazua60, TQ50, and RS60.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles