Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

andymmiami

Jul 11, 2024
Miami, FL
I have an S4 with a Oneup 210 without issue. I'm 6', but have longer than average legs. I have around 40-45mm exposed. I can measure later for the exact number.
For anyone else that attempts to install a OneUp 210 dropper I was able to get it installed and the lowest I can get it is approximately 45mm too.

Originally the dropper was exposed 60mm from the collar but that was because the dropper actuator is offset to the side. In playing with the fitment of the dropper I realized that if it were installed backwards it could drop much better because internal to the frame the cabling is also offset.

I followed the Oneup maintenance video and removed the screw on adjuster at the base of the collar and removed the actuator at the bottom with a wrench and re indexed the shaft backwards. Put it all back together and the dropper fits great. At 45mm collar, that was the lowest I could get it to go, at full extension it puts the collar to rails distance exactly at 11 inches which is exactly where my old dropper was raised to. I am happy this dropper post worked out the way it did.

View attachment photo of bike with dropper.jpeg

Reactions: iXi

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Recently bought a comp alloy and the wheels are rubbish out of the box the rear was damaged and had to replace under warranty and within 2 months the front went as well…. So had to upgrade. Not sure if they will be any good but at £900 it was a bargain.

IMG_7218.jpeg IMG_7219.jpeg

Last edited:

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
I do recommend getting the Stainless steel 24t ratchet. my 36t only lasted a week, the 24t has been going strong for about 3 months now.
the 24T is ebike specific. even if you get a kit and keep it in your back pack. last thing you want it is it self destroying when you 20+K from home.

Yep, fitted mine yesterday and they did feel awesome, the DTswiss 240s are super quiet. I
th

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
I do recommend getting the Stainless steel 24t ratchet. my 36t only lasted a week, the 24t has been going strong for about 3 months now.
the 24T is ebike specific. even if you get a kit and keep it in your back pack. last thing you want it is it self destroying when you 20+K from home.

th
Just look ed and can’t see anything which will fit EXP ratchet system, the 24t has 2 rings. There is a 30t but this only works with the over size hub

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The original DT Swiss ratchet system (2 ratchet wheel and 2 springs) is unbeatable especially as part of a Hybrid DT Swiss 350 hub.
EXP is the later 1 ratchet wheel system which I thought was for road bikes only....certainly not Ebike specific

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
The original DT Swiss ratchet system (2 ratchet wheel and 2 springs) is unbeatable especially as part of a Hybrid DT Swiss 350 hub.
EXP is the later 1 ratchet wheel system which I thought was for road bikes only....certainly not Ebike specific
No they are an MTB hub and specialized has spec them onto their high end MTB wheels which is what I’ve bought and is on the S-works Levo.
Spoken to my local concept store too about this and said I should fine, but any issues it’s under warranty. So fingers crossed.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The only Hybrid ( EMTB) DT Swiss hubs are the 240 and 350. The 240 uses EXP SL with 30T single ratchet. The 350 uses the original 2 ratchet system which is 28T. There are other hubs like the 180 for normal MTB which use the EXP system.

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
Looking at making the switch to a gen 3 levo from a Merida E160, the end of model savings are too good to pass up. Comp Carbons are now $3000 less in Aus.

I don't really see any need in waiting for the gen 4, considering I am sure the price will be insane

Money Pit

Subscriber
Jan 27, 2024
UK
Looking at making the switch to a gen 3 levo from a Merida E160, the end of model savings are too good to pass up. Comp Carbons are now $3000 less in Aus.

I don't really see any need in waiting for the gen 4, considering I am sure the price will be insane

$3000 less than what initial figure? Over here in the UK I think the prices of gen 3 were at best back in December / January.

I paid £3600 for a base level carbon after cancelling a £3800 order on a comp alloy.

Isaacgrx

Jul 3, 2021
Adelaide
$3000 less than what initial figure? Over here in the UK I think the prices of gen 3 were at best back in December / January.

I paid £3600 for a base level carbon after cancelling a £3800 order on a comp alloy.

Unfortunately in Aus they don't really ever drop the prices, every so often there are deals where you get a free battery, etc.

Comp Carbon's were $12,600 AUD, they then dropped to $8999 AUD.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on a Comp Carbon after test riding one earlier this year and being super comfortable on it in comparison to my old Merida E160.

Money Pit

Subscriber
Jan 27, 2024
UK
Unfortunately in Aus they don't really ever drop the prices, every so often there are deals where you get a free battery, etc.

Comp Carbon's were $12,600 AUD, they then dropped to $8999 AUD.

Anyway I pulled the trigger on a Comp Carbon after test riding one earlier this year and being super comfortable on it in comparison to my old Merida E160.

Think that's about £4500 and I'd have done the same. Seems a good price for a comp carbon.

Congrats.

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
I haven't done it yet because I prefer to be able to use Blevo, but others have done it successfully..

🍻

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I haven't done it yet because I prefer to be able to use Blevo, but others have done it successfully..

🍻

I tried to do this last year with a new mastermind on my Gen 2……it didn’t work, apparently it will work if the new mastermind has already been paired to a Gen 3 bike, but not if it’s a new out of the box mastermind, I asked my local concept store to have a look and they point blank refused and said it’s not compatible, ending up selling the mastermind on eBay.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles