Levo Gen 3 Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I left mine on. I see it as more protection but it’s going to look messy on the rear triangle or anywhere the existing film is. I just use my heat gun to make the Ridewrap pliable around the existing film. Seat tube is easy. I have some air bubbles along the down tube film edges but not too noticeable. I’m ok with it.
So if I understand correctly, you put the Ridewrap over the factory film?

sometimesjoe

Mar 17, 2021
SF Bay Area, Ca
So if I understand correctly, you put the Ridewrap over the factory film?
Correct. Ends up looking like this in the rear.
32EFA4CF-0495-4E84-8F38-1226B839CBE2.jpeg

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
If you held the factory film, unfortunately some dust and powder will get into two films.
I have experience about that on new White Levo. You can see dust inbetween.
You can mitigate this issue pay more attention when you apply new one.

At the end, for me it's better to leave original protection

Luca

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
It's rare that you buy something that's actually a big upgrade from what you already have. Such is the case with my new Levo expert. The bike is magical. I'm 71 year old and I'm tackling stuff that I thought was completely impossible. After two years and two bikes and about 3K miles of single track, I thought that I was about where I'd always be in terms of skill, but not on this bike. It's a monster truck that turns like a Porsche. Coming from XT brakes, I don't love the Code brakes, but my shop got them set up pretty well and for now I'm ok with them.

I've had the bike for ten days and I've logged 150 miles. I'm not very good at figuring out where noises originate so I'm looking for a little help.

When charging down hill on rough track there's little rattle coming from somewhere. It sounds more like something is slapping. I'm heading to my shop but since I can't duplicate it on the pavement, I'm not sure they'll be able to locate the issue, hell, there might not even be an issue.

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
When charging down hill on rough track there's little rattle coming from somewhere. It sounds more like something is slapping. I'm heading to my shop but since I can't duplicate it on the pavement, I'm not sure they'll be able to locate the issue, hell, there might not even be an issue.
Typically its the battery. the plastic sleve mounted to its end should really sit tight if you push it up the downtube.

If not check if that piece nr.2 is there:

1623267696446.png

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Just took a first short ride on my expert. Front end feels taller and the suspension is butter smooth like a DH bike. Doesn't have the punch in trail or turbo like my gen1 but that's probably the settings. Motor is quiet enough but not quieter than the gen1. The fit and body position are excellent and I felt like I was instantly in the right position to rail turns with the stock settings. On the gen1 I would have to shift my weight forward and get over the bars more to engage the front tire properly. Definitely felt the benefit of the update geo. No doubt I will be faster and safer at the same time on this bike. Thought I would miss the plus tires a little but with the super plush suspension the regular wheels/tires felt great. Overall the bike is even better than I thought. Thanks Specialized, you guys knocked it out of the park!

LosiSA

Nov 17, 2020
South Africa
Typically its the battery. the plastic sleve mounted to its end should really sit tight if you push it up the downtube.

If not check if that piece nr.2 is there:

View attachment 63774
I have the same constant rattle, i bought the Sworks and the dealer couldn't sort it out so swapped for a Pro, same issue, I have taken the battery out same, checked pivots same, rear brake hose adjustment same, so no idea where the rattle comes from. as said, only rattles when going through trail chatter.. i give up, dont know how to resolve this. Sworks went back to Spec HQ, they rebuilt it and rattle gone, so they dont know the fix either

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
I have the same constant rattle, i bought the Sworks and the dealer couldn't sort it out so swapped for a Pro, same issue, I have taken the battery out same, checked pivots same, rear brake hose adjustment same, so no idea where the rattle comes from. as said, only rattles when going through trail chatter.. i give up, dont know how to resolve this. Sworks went back to Spec HQ, they rebuilt it and rattle gone, so they dont know the fix either
What a pain. It's got to be the battery. This a known problem, that is why they mention it in the workbook and sell the kit to fix it.

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I'm disappointed with my Turbo Levo Pro. I've paid 14k for it (taxes included) and it's already being serviced. Talked to my store yesterday and it's probably a cassette problem (SRAM). Gears are not working properly (11th gear doesn't work). The bike was delivered with that problem (so it was a manufacturing problem). Paid a premium so I could use it now... but I can't :(

beutelfuchs

Aug 11, 2019
Barcelona
I should not have read this thread! Today I suddenly had a rattle as well. Checked whattever I could check on the trail, I even put a peace of bark under the battery sleve to make it thicker, but no way....
Maybe its the cables?

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
About that battery rattle, I went to my dealer today and they said that the little plastic piece that's required on S4 and up was taped to the inside of the shipping box and probably it got tossed so they are ordering another.

As far as the shit hinge on the charging door, Specialized is aware and working on a solution, remember the early '19 Levo and the pivot protector or lack there of, seems like another rush to market thing. That said I love the bike.

Gustesta

Jul 26, 2020
Utah
About that battery rattle, I went to my dealer today and they said that the little plastic piece that's required on S4 and up was taped to the inside of the shipping box and probably it got tossed so they are ordering another.

As far as the shit hinge on the charging door, Specialized is aware and working on a solution, remember the early '19 Levo and the pivot protector or lack there of, seems like another rush to market thing. That said I love the bike.
What model do you have?

gling

Apr 21, 2021
Ardmore, PA
Just picked up my S3 S-Works Turbo Levo yesterday. Nice bike all around and a thrill to be on an eBike for the first time.

Haven’t put it through it’s paces but I noticed that upshifting is rough most of the time. I assume it’s a programmed momentum feature (acceleration setting?) that continues to provide power when I stop peddling.

I normally stop peddling for a brief moment on regular bikes when I up- or down-shift to negate such issues but wonder if it is expected for eBikes. I’m going to try messing with the software settings the next time I am able to ride the bike but I wanted to get input in the meantime.

P/s: Apparently Specialized forgot to include the battery charging port cap/flap with my build so I am running around without a charging port cover. Not sure what to make of it but let it be an FYI to future buyers.

Best regards,

Gerald
6BFE7C0F-71F7-4595-89A0-5585D0D7EB32.jpeg

Last edited:

LosiSA

Nov 17, 2020
South Africa
What a pain. It's got to be the battery. This a known problem, that is why they mention it in the workbook and sell the kit to fix it.
I thought the same, so removed the battery and rode over some roots, same rattle. It’s not the battery, also the dealer put foam spray in the frame to check it was not cable rattle, still rattles. Only when riding and going over roots/trail chatter.
So guess our Levo’s now sound like shimano motors are in as they have the same rattle:(

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I thought the same, so removed the battery and rode over some roots, same rattle. It’s not the battery, also the dealer put foam spray in the frame to check it was not cable rattle, still rattles. Only when riding and going over roots/trail chatter.
So guess our Levo’s now sound like shimano motors are in as they have the same rattle:(
The dealer put foam spray in the frame?? Like expanding foam? Please clarify :unsure:

LosiSA

Nov 17, 2020
South Africa
The dealer put foam spray in the frame?? Like expanding foam? Please clarify :unsure:
yip expanding foam in key areas where they though it could possibly rattle, needless to say I wasn't too pleased and still rattled anyway...
I have given up looking for it... 1 or 2 pivot bolts where not torqued correctly, did those, still rattles.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles