Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Silly that one has to use mission control to "lock" the bike, but cannot via just the remote. I rarely ride with my phone, only when on epic shuttle days for pics.
Maybe it’s because it requires some intelligence. You can hardly find it in the remote control.
In addition, pin code information can be found on the Specialized site under your profile, if you forget it. Goes there through Mission Control app.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No m8, sticks out about 80mm
Is that to the top or bottom of the collar on the dropper?
A fully inserted OneUp 180 post sticks out the same amount as a stock 150 so if you can get your post 30mm deeper in the seat post it'll work.
My 150 is fully inserted and the measurement between the seat clamp and bottom of the collar on the dropper is 53mm.

scooby82r

Aug 15, 2020
Manchester, England
Is that to the top or bottom of the collar on the dropper?
A fully inserted OneUp 180 post sticks out the same amount as a stock 150 so if you can get your post 30mm deeper in the seat post it'll work.
My 150 is fully inserted and the measurement between the seat clamp and bottom of the collar on the dropper is 53mm.

Cheers for the info.
I've got exactly 70mm from seatpost to the bottom of the collar.
Think I'll be good then?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Took the KSL to Black Mountain Cycle Centre today. It was epic! Videos to follow.
1650132714612.png

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
I did document it. This may be interesting for some of you guys. As you may have seen on the earlier pages. I got the full EXT setup. Here are my first ride impressions of the shock. I have added some English subtitles too.

@scooby82r I have a 170mm AXS seatpost fitted to my S3. Have a look at the earlier pages of this thread. I have posted some measurements of my inseam and how far it sticks out.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
I did document it. This may be interesting for some of you guys. As you may have seen on the earlier pages. I got the full EXT setup. Here are my first ride impressions of the shock. I have added some English subtitles too.

@scooby82r I have a 170mm AXS seatpost fitted to my S3. Have a look at the earlier pages of this thread. I have posted some measurements of my inseam and how far it sticks out.
Did you try the Intend Edge on the KSL? Curious to how you compare the V2 ERA to the Edge? I had the V1 ERA but it had issues with bushing tolerances so it was returned but I'm still a little curious about the V2 fork. I'm also running an Edge at the minute and loving that (apart from a small issue that is getting rectified). The fore aft stiffness really gives it a feeling that no other other single crown fork gets near imo.

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
Did you try the Intend Edge on the KSL? Curious to how you compare the V2 ERA to the Edge? I had the V1 ERA but it had issues with bushing tolerances so it was returned but I'm still a little curious about the V2 fork. I'm also running an Edge at the minute and loving that (apart from a small issue that is getting rectified). The fore aft stiffness really gives it a feeling that no other other single crown fork gets near imo.
Nope. I haven't tried it in the KSL as it went back to Intend after half a year or so. It really is an awesome fork esepcially when it comes to braking. I cannot really say how it compares to the V2 ERA as it's been half a year already that I haven't ridden it. Al I can say is that the Edge was as good as the Selva C (much better under braking) and that the ERA is a tad better than the Formula.

May I know that the issue was/is with your Edge?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Nope. I haven't tried it in the KSL as it went back to Intend after half a year or so. It really is an awesome fork esepcially when it comes to braking. I cannot really say how it compares to the V2 ERA as it's been half a year already that I haven't ridden it. Al I can say is that the Edge was as good as the Selva C (much better under braking) and that the ERA is a tad better than the Formula.

May I know that the issue was/is with your Edge?
Steerer creaked

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
I haven't tried yet. I can't seem to find out how to pare both together.
1. Turn on bike
2. Enter setup menu of MasterMind display (keep +/- buttons on remote pressed)
3. Navigate to: Sensors / Pair ANT / Shifting
4. Confirm "Shifting" with F1 remote button
5. Press AXS rear derailleur button once to pair RD to MasterMind TCU
6. Make sure pairing to AXS is confirmed on MasterMind display
7. Open Mission Control and connect to bike
8. Go to TUNE and CUSTOMIZE DISPLAY
9. Create AXS display field to see AXS data on MasterMind display

I have tried it 15x so far and it hasn't worked for me. There's a guy on our German forum who said that he had tried 50x and then it suddenly worked.

I even updated my AXS firmware to no avail.

SuperSid

Dec 2, 2021
Fayetteville
I just got mine to pair after trying a lot: Just turn the bike on, go through the bike steps like above, but don’t have your bike connected to your phone. Maybe that matters?

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
24km and 996m of elevation. Only used ECO and trail modes. Flat battery.
It depends on your fitness level too and also on how your set the modes.

I also think that the rolling resistance plays an important factor too. If it’s muddy, the bike has to do more. If you’re a heavy rider too.

This is yesterday’s ride. Still 28% left with trail and turbo mode and a little Eco. I always pedal high frequencies plus push myself a lot even in turbo mode. 95kg heavy.
034DB425-9438-481F-AE26-D8FA27D350B2.jpeg

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
It depends on your fitness level too and also on how your set the modes.

I also think that the rolling resistance plays an important factor too. If it’s muddy, the bike has to do more. If you’re a heavy rider too.

This is yesterday’s ride. Still 28% left with trail and turbo mode and a little Eco. I always pedal high frequencies plus push myself a lot even in turbo mode. 95kg heavy.
I’m 88kg and these were dry and dusty conditions chasing a full powered ebike on trail mode. I’m pretty fit and the entire ride I was putting in hard. I’m hoping my new motor releases a little extra range.

h3ld

Aug 30, 2020
Heidelberg
I know it could be everything and it's not necessarily KSL specific, but maybe someone has an idea. I'm running out of them.
After a few of descents my headset develops some play - again and again. I correct it, it feels fine, until it does not after a few rounds. It's annoying and kills my confidence. I tried the original SWAT tool, an Intend Smarty expander and now a star nut.
I use a 77designz stem torqued to the max. of 8 nm

With 8 nm and the nut it seems to be better. All rides two days ago without complaints. Today the issue is back.
Anyone had a similar issue? Could it be the headset itself? It looks fine and is cleaned regularly.

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
I know it could be everything and it's not necessarily KSL specific, but maybe someone has an idea. I'm running out of them.
After a few of descents my headset develops some play - again and again. I correct it, it feels fine, until it does not after a few rounds. It's annoying and kills my confidence. I tried the original SWAT tool, an Intend Smarty expander and now a star nut.
I use a 77designz stem torqued to the max. of 8 nm

With 8 nm and the nut it seems to be better. All rides two days ago without complaints. Today the issue is back.
Anyone had a similar issue? Could it be the headset itself? It looks fine and is cleaned regularly.
What fork do you have. I’ve had the typical steerer creaking on a non Fox fork and there was a very tiny play there. The headset got loose too after a couple of rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles