What did you do to your EBike this week?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Degreased and lubed the drivetrain.

Not going to get out on it until the 15th now, so making sure its ready for Dyfi

Next things will be fitting the new bars and dropper post

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
Mounted a set of seconhand OneUp pedals, greased the front hub's ball bearings and replaced the front brake pads and washed the bike.
Then rode it (y)

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Greased my rear wheel's spoke nipples with linseed oil (no kidding) after those spokes repeatedly getting loose. After ~2.000 km some of the spokes seemingly got loose over night.
That led me to learn the basics on wheels, spokes, tension and truing etc., I bought some tools to measure and correct my wheel's tension, but it didn't seem to help. My rear wheel still emits noises when pedaling due to the torsional forces on the spokes, and some keep losing tension. This trick is my last resort before asking my LBS (who isn't that local) to deal with it.
Anyone else have some recommendations?
Are they alloy rims? do they have eyelets? maybe worth getting the little spring washers that go under the nipples?

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Yes and yes. Spring washers are a good idea, but nothing that I'd want to install myself. Am already tempted to buy a new rear wheel altogether ...

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Did another test ride to record and localize my back wheel sounds. Turns out it wasn't loose spokes any more, but a loose hub cap on the rear drive side. So hopefully this was the final fix.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Fitted Burgtec High Rise 50's to the bike, cut down to approx 775-780mm. A little shorter than the 800 I have been riding

Managed to snap a stem bolt so had to replace the entire stem too

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles