What did you do to your EBike this week?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Just cleaned my drivetrain and relubed

recentered the rear caliper

Running out of Peatys Premium All Weather Lube and everywhere I look is sold out of the 120ml bottle

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
Yesterday, I installed the Oneup pump. Used the in-line mount. Put the EDC V2 tool inside the pump.

The picture was taken after my ride this morning.

Obviously, I haven't used neither the pump nor the tool much yet, but I'm sure I am going to need it from time to time.
IMG_20240731_111301.jpg

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Gave my wifes dropper a service

Fitted the sendhit guards to my lads bike

WPL'd my forks, shock and dropper and replaced some missing pedal pins

Now on charge ready for Wharncliffe tomorrow

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Replaced some more missing pedal pins after todays outing to Wharncliffe

This time though I applied locktite

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
Installed a RRP Proguard mini bolton front mudguard.

I bought it in error a week ago. Intended to buy the standard (longer) version, but hit the wrong button on the website. However, as I looked at it inside its plastic bag, it looked quite OK. So I decided to give it a chance.
IMG_20240804_075426.jpg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
fitted new dropper. Simples .................. until you take the old one out that had exploded its smelly guts all over the inside of the frame and the cable had disappeared inside again, so queue having to drop the motor again!!

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I bought the crafty a strap on

Screenshot_20240810-214220.jpg

Ok so I know this could have been an easy D.I.Y but sometimes other people just make things better.

Why even bother buying it ?

The positioning of the crafty bottle mount ( underside of the top tube ) is totally inconvenient for my storage and transportation of the bike, the crafty's downtube has all the ideal space for mounting but has no mounts...
so I bought this dedicated strap on bottle holder mount which works extremely well, you get the cage supplied as it has sections for the straps to go through to hold it in place very securely.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Washed
Peatys PT17 on the Pivots
Peatys Protects and Shien on Forks Shock and Dropper
Degreased and Lubed the drive train

Bleed my Lads rear brake as the lever was hitting the bar on the ride we went on and had to be cut short

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Just cleaned my drivetrain and relubed

recentered the rear caliper

Running out of Peatys Premium All Weather Lube and everywhere I look is sold out of the 120ml bottle

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
Removed the motor from my Levo, think its a problem with the sprag clutch, will be going to bearingmans french associate for the repair and upgrade.
IMG_1504.jpg

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Installed a 150mm KS Rage-i dropper post as an interims-replacement for an increasingly stuck X-Fusion Manic. It's a downgrade, because the old dropper had 170 mm, but the purchase was a bargain earlier this year (~€ 25,–). Thinking about going for a One-up V3 in the future, but I don't want to spend the €€€ atm.
Install wasn't straightforward, because I didn't get the proper cable tension at first try.
And a question on that matter for others who installed a new dropper: what kind of grease do/should you use to seal the seat tube against ingress water?
IMG_5600.jpeg

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I wouldn't worry about water getting down the seat tube. Between the post & the clamp, it's probably going to seal reasonably anyway & even if it doesn't, it'll run out the gaps. One useful feature of mid mount ebikes is the seat tube base is open by design. Far more likely to have dirt & water flick up from the bottom than run down from the top.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
This morning I suddenly had a terrible noise coming from the rear wheel, which made me visit a LBS nearby my workplace. Turns out my rear wheel (which I had purchased a few months ago) had a bunch of really loose spokes. No idea, why this seemingly happened over night, but tightening was a cheap and easy fix – thanks to Park Tool's excellent YouTube video series on wheel servicing! So that's what I did tonight.
While I was at it, I replaced the rear rotor and pads, which had both reached their limits.

IMG_5603.jpeg

Bad-Latitude

Aug 21, 2022
Simi Valley
Normally I do all my own maintenance but this time I decided to have a shop do it. New tires front and rear. Did a fork and shock rebuild, cleaned and lubed all pivots and replaced bearings / seals where needed. Cleaned and lubed drivetrain. Brake bleed and cylinders cleaned. New derailleur cable ( old one was frayed on the end) and serviced dropper post. Not gonna lie it hasn’t felt so fresh in a long time. The bike basically looks and feels new.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Bar and steerer cutting tool by "Toseek" and Tungsten Carbide hacksaw blade by Plastiplug. Both ebay purchases.

Cutting tool required a washer to space it put a bit as the TC blades are a bit thicker than normal.

IMG20240815144632.jpg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Bought Wolftooth Waveform Pedals (Large) at a reduced, but still stupid, price.

Love the pedals but the pointy pins are (imo) crap.

So removed all the pointy pins (22 per pedal) and replaced them with regular grub screws while at the same time reducing centre grub screw height increasing concave by ~1mm to ~2.5mm which works nicely with my Specialized 2FO Roost leather shoes.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Replaced my lads UDH hanger as his gears were all over the place.

Has improved the shifting but still has issues,

Maybe a warranty job on the AXS is needed

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Fitted a new GX Eagle chain as the old one had reached 0.5 length over 1.500 km this summer. And finally decided to give my bike a new look and to protect the frame from further damage. Maybe a little late after 3 years, but anyway. The idea was to go for a design that helps camouflage the already existing paint chips, so Invisiframe was no option. I went for a universal frame protection foil from Unleazhed, which fitted well. Looking at the result, I might also apply them to the Levo's side arm, since I still have some stickers left.

IMG_5635.jpeg IMG_5642.jpeg

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I replaced the cassette and rear brakepads for the first time, after approx 2500km. I used the same as OEM, Shimano M6100 cassette and D03S organic pads. The front pads are also soon up for a replacement.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Looking forward to put a shimano di2 11 speed on the cube, it looks like powering it from the bosch battery is not going to be an easy job, though. No information in the bosch website and very few on the internet as well…

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Greased my rear wheel's spoke nipples with linseed oil (no kidding) after those spokes repeatedly getting loose. After ~2.000 km some of the spokes seemingly got loose over night.
That led me to learn the basics on wheels, spokes, tension and truing etc., I bought some tools to measure and correct my wheel's tension, but it didn't seem to help. My rear wheel still emits noises when pedaling due to the torsional forces on the spokes, and some keep losing tension. This trick is my last resort before asking my LBS (who isn't that local) to deal with it.
Anyone else have some recommendations?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Bent my lads AXS cage back into line ith the top cog, it appeared to have been twisted outwards somewhat

Hopefully that sorts his poor shifting out

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Re adjusted my lads shifting, but think its time for a new cassette as it struggles to move from the bottom gear, Some of the teeth look a little shark finned

Guess its time for a cassette change

Replaced his grips with Peaty ones

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles