What did you buy your ebike this week?

Tombie

Mar 11, 2023
Whyalla
Michlin E-Wild (29x2.6) rear, E-Wild (29x2.6) front and Wild Enduro (29x2.4) front tyres.

I'd used E-Wild rear & Wild Enduro combo on my Rail previously as 'back-to-front' widths with good results so bought another pair, the wider front E-Wild is to try:unsure:

will be using Nukeproof's 'ARD' foam insert things as I bought a load from Wiggle in they're dying moments @ £15 for a pair (27.5" items but can be spliced so I've sacrificed one to extend 10)

^^ Mostly ridden in BPW.

Rich.

I’ve got the E-Wilds front and rear (29x2.6) with Cushcore on my Patrol and very impressed with them so far.

For my riding I’m starting to feel they’re better than the DHF/DHR combo I removed when I did the new wheel set.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I finally get rid of Sram brakes when I ordered Shimano brakes. I do like the HS2 rotors, so I'll keep them.
After this, all my bikes have Shimano brakes and bleeding is much easier and cleaner.
No more fooling around with DOT oil.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I finally get rid of Sram brakes when I ordered Shimano brakes. I do like the HS2 rotors, so I'll keep them.
After this, all my bikes have Shimano brakes and bleeding is much easier and cleaner.
No more fooling around with DOT oil.
I cant comment on either brands. I've had hope brakes for so long now I can't remember what shimano was like . At least 15 years using hope with no real issues . As long as your pleased with what you have that's all that counts.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
As someone who thought they were already over-biked, I didn’t think I’d do this (and certainly had no need to), but the recent sales were too tempting for this Canadian who has always wanted to try We Are One.

We Are One Convergence Triad rims front and back installed on my Fuel EXe 9.7

These are not light carbon hoops so I wasn’t sure if I would feel a difference but they felt more lively. They also felt like a magic carpet ride, so those looking for an emphasis on compliance will love these. The stock Bontrager Line Comp alloy wheels were very comfortable too but with less “feeling” / precision (not sure how else to describe it yet….)

Sorry I keep forgetting to take pictures so wheels are dirty and there’s too much shadow

View attachment IMG_0074.jpeg View attachment IMG_0070.jpeg

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
As my old jockey wheels are looking a little tatty and not spinning as freely as I’d like I thought I’d buy some new Hope jockey wheels to carry on with the red accent on my bike, also, this is the attention to detail I like with Hope, the bag the jockey wheels came in is heat sealed across the middle to keep the wheels from clattering against each other in transit, I know it seems sad to most people but I think it’s worth a mention

View attachment 136848

Uberbike also make amazing jockey wheels with ceramic bearings!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I cant comment on either brands. I've had hope brakes for so long now I can't remember what shimano was like . At least 15 years using hope with no real issues . As long as your pleased with what you have that's all that counts.
After thirty years with Shimano, I've learned what to do if the brakes don't feel good. I like the easy bleeding and brake feel. I have the modulation on my fingers, so the "shimano" feel doesn't hurt.

I just had a misstep in the current emtb for a few years, which fortunately has now been corrected.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
A couple of cockpit changes. A stem cap mount for my Garmin Edge and, more importantly, replacing the stock dropper remote with a OneUp V3.

PXL_20240420_224827116.MP.jpg

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Thought I'd push the boat out and buy a 'proper' chain checker. I thought even a rip-off one couldn't be that bad so off to Ebay I went and splurged £8 on one. Even on the zero setting it won't fit into an XX1 chain with 600 miles on it. Chocolate fireguard springs to mind. Oh well, that got thrown to a corner of the shed in anger. Maybe the rats can make use of it. Guess it's a proper Park Tool for £26 required then.

checker risized.jpg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Thought I'd push the boat out and buy a 'proper' chain checker. I thought even a rip-off one couldn't be that bad so off to Ebay I went and splurged £8 on one. Even on the zero setting it won't fit into an XX1 chain with 600 miles on it. Chocolate fireguard springs to mind. Oh well, that got thrown to a corner of the shed in anger. Maybe the rats can make use of it. Guess it's a proper Park Tool for £26 required then.

View attachment 138981

Amazon customer feedback:

"Not work on 1 x 12 mountain bike chain.

Reviewed in the United States on 4 October 2023

Fit my 1 x 11 street bike chain but would not fit on my 1 x 12 mountain bikes. Tried it multiple times on three different 1 x 12 chains with out any luck. I couldn't find any info on line regarding this issue so I sent it back."

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Interesting, I thought 11sp and 12sp had the same pitch.

They have offered a 50% refund without sending it back (I said they would have to pay for postage). I said I wanted 100%. We'll see. I really cant be arsed thinking any more about it for £8.

Technogod

Apr 1, 2024
USA
Upgraded from FOX FLOAT DPS Performance to FOX FLOAT X on my Spec Turbo Levo SL Comp. Wow! What a difference. Smooth on the big hits and the downhills. Sometimes too smooth. Going too fast downhill and almost missed the bridge. There's only one problem. My insulated water bottle on longer fits:)

IMG_5264.jpg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Rear wheel has about 4mm wobble so bought one of these to true it myself. Never done it before so watched a few videos, what could possibly go wrong? ;)

After cleaning the wheel enough to true it found exactly what could have gone wrong with more use. After about 3,000 miles have destroyed the rim, and probably more too. Took it off my analog bike and put it on my Rail, so obviously not up to repeated eMTB downhill abuse.

20240423_091006.jpg

Last edited:

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
New handlebar (and bling-bling screws). The stock one was ok, but now have 20mm more width and 5mm more rise. Very brief test ride indicates it is as planned more comfortable.

20240428_164903.jpg

20240428_181712.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
New rubber Maxxis Assegai (front) & Minion DHF ( rear ) to be changed prior to Torridon trip in two weeks time ..
Peaty's Holeshot & Muc Off wet lube ( with an Amazon gift card for my Birthday ..and a new set of Time ATAC cleats as the current ones are dis-engaging too easily ..oh and a new pad & pin set for my Code R's ..which unlike most I really like ..

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
Sadly the rubber band takes away the bling-bling effect
You do have a point. I did rearrange the cables a bit after I took the snap so it's a bit better. The rubber band, which came stock, hugs the not unimportant cable to the LED remote close to the handlebar and I'm loathe to sacrifice security for aesthetics in this case.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
You do have a point. I did rearrange the cables a bit after I took the snap so it's a bit better. The rubber band, which came stock, hugs the not unimportant cable to the LED remote close to the handlebar and I'm loathe to sacrifice security for aesthetics in this case.
Another color on the rubber might make the bling-bling to shine

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
My normy has developed a squelching sound in the rear shock & the lockout no longer works, which indicates a failed seal somewhere, most likely the IFP or damper seal head, so it's getting a full rebuild & a couple of new tools for the job.

51rQp1vLQzL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
51WV3f0pHlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
51bW0oTbi2L._AC_SL1020_.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles