What did you do to your EBike this week?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Someone's thrown up Lucozade all over it.
Only joking.
getmecoat.gif
I thought it was blood 🩸.
Not joking 🙃

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Replaced my lads handlebars with some Burget High Rise 38 after cutting them down to 780
Replaced his pedals with some One Up Aluminium ones
Replaced his tubeles valves with Peatys

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Fitted the Mango Peaty's accessory kit to my valves
Updated the Bosch firmware

Last edited:

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
The 2025 SDLX ULT is pretty damn good already but I'm betting the new can will make it super kush. 🤞

The RockShox Linear XL Air Can Upgrade Kit increases the positive air volume of your 2023+ Super Deluxe Air shock, giving it a more supple initial stroke and making it a "Mini Vivid". With a more linear feel, your Super Deluxe gains a more coil-like initial stroke but retains the progressive air shock end stroke that we love!

rs-aircan-upgrade.jpeg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Thats only to take a picture for demonstration… but if that eventually happens I will use the same tool to put the rotor back in shape 😂

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I've been looking at it the last six weeks while in hospital with the wife as she suffered a massive stroke
I Hope she gets better soon.
Today was my first ride after three weeks of rest fron a pacemaker implant. A year and a half ago I went through an open chest heart surgery also. Trust you’ll all be back home soon 🙏

spurty30

Apr 16, 2024
Cairngorms, Scotland
Not as exciting as some of the replies but I do love a bargain .picked up this neat little bike tool kit in Lidl, cracking quality and works a treat, £9! Been looking for a small ratchet to put in my waist pack. But refused to pay £30 odd quid for Topeak etc. problem solved!!!
17208873633044725813167945137893.jpg

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I rode it though a fence!
Doing my usual weekend morning loop (22-30km, depending on the route), I suddenly discovered that my neighbour had stretched a fence for her horses across the road to her farm

If I had ridden the same road uphill, I had of course discovered it, and at a low speed. The problem was that I entered the road from a trail, and just set off downhill. There, the fence appeared right in front of me! I tried to brake, but was unable to stop before I tore both fence wires off.
Luckily, it was white nylon (or similar) with thin electrical wires wowen in. It would have been much worse if it had been the thicker iron wire they use around here for cows.

No harm done, I just mended the fence and rode home

Base

Jul 21, 2023
Toronto
I rode mine after checking tire pressure, lubed the chain, adjusted and greased up the dropper and also sanded the pads /rotors again because they had an andozied coating on it that came off. Which I knew was going to make the brakes squeal till it came off. They look great on the bike though. :cool:

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Not as exciting as some of the replies but I do love a bargain .picked up this neat little bike tool kit in Lidl, cracking quality and works a treat, £9! Been looking for a small ratchet to put in my waist pack. But refused to pay £30 odd quid for Topeak etc. problem solved!!! View attachment 143817
That reminds me, I wanted to go to LIDL yesterday. They have loads of bike accessory on offer atm. Among others, a bikestand for € 25. Can't do much wrong for that price, can you?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I rode it though a fence!
Luckily, it was white nylon (or similar) with thin electrical wires wowen in. It would have been much worse if it had been the thicker iron wire they use around here for cows.

You were lucky that the electric fence wasn't turned on! It wouldn't have killed you but it is unpleasant.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The chain began skipping when putting pressure on the cranks but only in the smallest rear cog.
It even did it when on the workstand and I pedalled by hand. What could it be?
  • I gave the bike a good clean and removed bits of grass from the cassette and the jockey wheels.
  • The 12-speed cassette is quite new, has some signs of wear but none at all on the cog in question.
  • The chain is also relatively new and is at 0.13% extension (measured over 100 links).
  • The mech hanger alignment is perfect; at less than 1mm all over the rim vs the target less than 4mm.
  • The shifting remains silky smooth up and down the cassette.
Anyway, once I'd put the bike back together again, the problem had gone! :):unsure:

I can't be that lucky, surely. Unless it was the grass? :unsure:
What else could it have been?

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
The chain began skipping when putting pressure on the cranks but only in the smallest rear cog.
It even did it when on the workstand and I pedalled by hand. What could it be?
  • I gave the bike a good clean and removed bits of grass from the cassette and the jockey wheels.
  • The 12-speed cassette is quite new, has some signs of wear but none at all on the cog in question.
  • The chain is also relatively new and is at 0.13% extension (measured over 100 links).
  • The mech hanger alignment is perfect; at less than 1mm all over the rim vs the target less than 4mm.
  • The shifting remains silky smooth up and down the cassette.
Anyway, once I'd put the bike back together again, the problem had gone! :):unsure:

I can't be that lucky, surely. Unless it was the grass? :unsure:
What else could it have been?
Its probably worn, even if does not appear to be, luckly they are sold in separate so you can buy only that sprocket and keep the cassete.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles