What did you do to your EBike this week?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Degreased and lubed the drivetrain.

Not going to get out on it until the 15th now, so making sure its ready for Dyfi

Next things will be fitting the new bars and dropper post

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
Mounted a set of seconhand OneUp pedals, greased the front hub's ball bearings and replaced the front brake pads and washed the bike.
Then rode it (y)

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Greased my rear wheel's spoke nipples with linseed oil (no kidding) after those spokes repeatedly getting loose. After ~2.000 km some of the spokes seemingly got loose over night.
That led me to learn the basics on wheels, spokes, tension and truing etc., I bought some tools to measure and correct my wheel's tension, but it didn't seem to help. My rear wheel still emits noises when pedaling due to the torsional forces on the spokes, and some keep losing tension. This trick is my last resort before asking my LBS (who isn't that local) to deal with it.
Anyone else have some recommendations?
Are they alloy rims? do they have eyelets? maybe worth getting the little spring washers that go under the nipples?

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Yes and yes. Spring washers are a good idea, but nothing that I'd want to install myself. Am already tempted to buy a new rear wheel altogether ...

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Did another test ride to record and localize my back wheel sounds. Turns out it wasn't loose spokes any more, but a loose hub cap on the rear drive side. So hopefully this was the final fix.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Fitted Burgtec High Rise 50's to the bike, cut down to approx 775-780mm. A little shorter than the 800 I have been riding

Managed to snap a stem bolt so had to replace the entire stem too

Last edited:

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Tightened up the chainring bolts on my Remote 160 and re-experienced the creaking under torque I remember having when I first got the bike. The creaking went away when the bolts were worryingly loose. I didn't have any chainring bolt tool, and the only place I could access the rear slotted interface on the bolts with a flathead screwdriver was behind the motor.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Did a service on my DMR V12 pedals the other day. New bushings and bearings, cleaning and greasing. They had developed a clicking noise under load after ~4.300 km. Clicking is gone now, pedals are ready for another 4.000 😉. I really like them.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I washed my bike. Afterwards, I bounced it on the ground to shake loose any water lurking in any crevices.
The battery fell out!! It landed on the grass, alongside the cover, no harm done. But ...bloody hell!.

The LBS recently (126 miles ago) had to remove the battery to replace the gear cable and I believe, but cannot prove, that they failed to ensure that it wasn't properly secured. (And I never checked it). When I refitted the battery, taking extra care, I checked it by bouncing it again (this time without the cover) and it fell out a second time!! So this time I took even more extra care. This time it worked. I am confident that it is properly secured, oh yes! :unsure:

Maybe I should put some zip ties around the downtube? Hmm maybe not, have confidence!! :giggle:

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
I serviced the RS Yari and installed a Charger 2.1 and also serviced the rear shock. It rides much smoother front and rear. But saying that the 2.1 goes through the travel much quicker than the Yaris motion control, even with the sag set at 20% but it's so much smoother.
Don't get me wrong the 2023 Yari is pretty good and comes with the Lyriks updated airspring and rides nicely but stiffens up to much mid stroke so I hardly ever used much more than say 60% of the travel unless hitting serious chunk. Overall I'm impressed, and worth the £165 I paid from Bike Inn for it...but don't get me started on the price of service kits for a few seals and O rings.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I serviced the RS Yari and installed a Charger 2.1 and also serviced the rear shock. It rides much smoother front and rear. But saying that the 2.1 goes through the travel much quicker than the Yaris motion control, even with the sag set at 20% but it's so much smoother.
Don't get me wrong the 2023 Yari is pretty good and comes with the Lyriks updated airspring and rides nicely but stiffens up to much mid stroke so I hardly ever used much more than say 60% of the travel unless hitting serious chunk. Overall I'm impressed, and worth the £165 I paid from Bike Inn for it...but don't get me started on the price of service kits for a few seals and O rings.
Try the trueTune, thats exactly what it fixes.

2WHLFUN

Apr 27, 2022
Trinidad, CO
Haven’t been able to ride for three weeks due to two sprained thumbs. I installed a Lauf lower headset bearing as a poor man’s steering damper. I ride a Heckler with ZEB fork.

HandsomeDanNZ

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
I connected my phone to it via the e-Tube app and diddled about with the assist settings.

Then I got diddler's remorse and reset it all.

Then I diddled some more and then decided to leave it as it is now and see what it's like on a ride.
I think 15 assist modes in profile 2 might be too many.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Yesterday, I got a second Bike Yoke adapter in the post from Germany, which allows me to fit a SRAM AXS Pod to my Magura brakes matchmaker.

I now have a POD Rocker on the right for changing gear, and a POD Ultimate on the left for my AXS dropper. I have a LH POD Rocker adapter due in the next few days to convert the POD Ultimate to a Rocker type.

Last night, I had to link the XX Transmission derailleur, Reverb dropper post and 2 PODS into 1 system... so that I could re-assign my spare LH POD button to be a ANT+ button. After a bit of googling, and then finding a SRAM video, I got them all into a system. It drove me mad for about 30 mins that I couldn't add the dropper and derailleur onto the same bike on the SRAM app... but got there eventually.

I then set up the ANT+ button (up on the LH POD) to be 'next screen' on a single press, and 'back a screen' on a long press on my Garmin Edge 840. Seems to work well, but I think having the Rocker switch on the dropper will make it feel more like the Reverb controller I just removed.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Removed Fillmore valves from wife and my bikes and replaced them with Presta valves which is what was there before.

glixerd

Jan 8, 2024
Athens
Had my Decoy Core 3 just under 1 month

1st job fit my brakes (Hope Duo)
Installed the AXS GX derailleur and shifter from my old bike, rode it rode it and rode it

This week i went tubeless
Crank Bro's rims and Maxxis tyres FTW
No exaggeration i faffed about for 1 month with Schwalbe tyres and crappy Bontrager duster rims on my old bike.

Bought tape, but didn't even need it on the Crank Bro's rims, fantastic.

Cut my handlebars down, wayyyyyy too wide, then have just ridden it

Really really enjoying it
I'm about 150km in a month with around 3200 meters of elevation , so loving it

20241008_145713.jpg

20241004_132927.jpg

Ohhhhh and i washed it for the first time the other day :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Mark

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
This was bought a month ago at Mountain Warehouse for caving trips but i thought I would try it out on bike. Only used that since then , perfect just a wipe down if it get dirty and as it's wider it sits really comfortable on the back.. Only £14 .99 what else can I say

20241023_125028.jpg 20241023_125104.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles