What did you buy your ebike this week?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I just looked it up, my god who pays that for a hoodie? that's 5 maybe 6 hoodies from PriMarny !
I'm tight when it comes to buy "Norm" clothes as I ruin stuff pretty quick with oil stains or snags on sharp objects from around the cave.
I hear ya! I don’t buy clothes but she seems to know what I need. But I have a stupid expensive collection of riding gear.

IMG_8209.jpeg
This is what I drag into the cave every day. It’s not that UK mud but it still finds it’s way around the house. The other day she must’ve had enough and read me the Riot Act. This dirt was starting to migrate from the cave and onto the precious wool carpets. Then I get blamed for all the world’s problems …message received. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t rip or tear my gear that much …but it gets dirty. Most of the time it magically cleans itself overnight …how?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I hear ya! I don’t buy clothes but she seems to know what I need. But I have a stupid expensive collection of riding gear.

View attachment 148267
This is what I drag into the cave every day. It’s not that UK mud but it still finds it’s way around the house. The other day she must’ve had enough and read me the Riot Act. This dirt was starting to migrate from the cave and onto the precious wool carpets. Then I get blamed for all the world’s problems …message received. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t rip or tear my gear that much …but it gets dirty. Most of the time it magically cleans itself overnight …how?
UK mud, I love that, trust me here in the UK there's different levels of mud, that stuff that falls off when you just look at it and some that's so hard you could use it to sole your shoes with :ROFLMAO: its many and varied ;)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Is that a Yorkshire word Sean?
I know you all talk with a bloody strange accent down there ...calling folks " ducks" etc..but hadn't realised how bad things had got 😉😂.
My first thought was …How did we go from discussing volume of H2O to gummy bears? (My favourite candy btw)

I couldn’t find that word, verities, in my thesaurus …it was raining too much, so I opened a package of Verities to satisfy my sugar fix.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I know you all talk with a bloody strange accent down there ...calling folks " ducks" etc..but hadn't realised how bad things had got 😉😂.
Nah it’s my sausage fingers and bad grammar pal 🤣 should have been varieties 😉 I’m from London originally so I don’t call people duck 😉 besides that I’ve heard that the lingo in your neck of the woods is bit strange too “gooin yem” roughly translated into “going home” 🤣🤣 what’s that all about 😁😁

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
My first thought was …How did we go from discussing volume of H2O to gummy bears? (My favourite candy btw)

I couldn’t find that word, verities, in my thesaurus …it was raining too much, so I opened a package of Verities to satisfy my sugar fix.
Here’s another one that talks funny “candy”? there called “sweets” mate 🤣🤣

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I think this is where the Moderators could step in and start fixing things up…it’s getting messy in here. Unless they’ve been replaced by A.I. (English to English translation could help?)

I’m from London originally so I don’t call people duck 😉
Duck-Tape …good for repairing leaks in the rain gear. 👍🏻
Not on my bike yet but I’ve got 3 different rolls …silver, black and red, from Princess Auto (CDN). Probably the same as your Halfords (EU), and whatever it’s called in the US. 😉

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Ducks now? When I was in London last summer, all the guys seemed to talk about Birds...

I didn't get out into the country, maybe birds turn into ducks turn into penguins for all I know...

Here, we have Tortas...

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Lost in translation; Rented a Jeep for the day while vacationing in Mexico. I drove since I was sober and the four of us headed south. Soon I noticed a village sign called “Topes”. …BOOM…The jeep launched into the air and cases of beer flew everywhere. My passengers were not happy. After the cleanup I drove 15 minutes to the next village.

“Hey look”, as I pointed to the sign, “This village is called “Topes” also…weird.

BOOM!, the jeep suddenly launched into the air again.

“Topes” means stop or speed bump …lesson learned.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles