Fuel EXe Trek Fuel EXe Megathread!

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
It’s the same interface right?
Q factor is the total width between the two cranks where the pedals fit?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Remember to put the cranks on the spindle in the right place (where the notch is) otherwise the motor won't run right fir the first few hundred meters while it re calibrates itself to the new crank arm position.

It's not a big deal if you don't do this, it just takes a few hundred meters of pedalling for the motor to sort itself out.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
This is the offset for the E13 alloy pedals

image.jpg

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Hope standard offset +5mm compared to E13 and Hope narrow offset is -1.5mm compared to E13.

I’ve ordered standard offset.

Won’t be fitting the Spesh Hope cranks because they are not equal width about the centre line. As a friend of ours says…Wonky…..

Last edited:

pat1032

Feb 22, 2023
santa cruz
Bike is creaking…again! :(. This time
it’s coming from the motor area. I don’t have the tools or expertise to remove all the motor bolts as well the chain ring. Has anyone done this? Is there a tutorial video haha. Also, does it matter what grease I use when re greasing the headset? I just use regular bontrager grease. I’ve cleaned and regreased the headset but still hear a creak or two ugh.

Scarboroguy

Sep 16, 2023
Trenton Ontario
it’s coming from the motor area. I don’t have the tools or expertise to remove all the motor bolts as well the chain ring. Has anyone done this? Is there a tutorial video haha. Also, does it matter what grease I use when re greasing the headset? I just use regular bontrager grease. I’ve cleaned and regreased the headset but still hear a creak or two ugh.
Double check torque on motor bolts first. It work for me.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I rode my wife’s Turbo Levo SL today instead of my EXe. It had been months since it had seen any trail time. I have to say, it is incredibly nice riding the EXe vs. the Levo SL or Rise. I’ve owned all three. The riding experience on the EXe is so much better with a silent motor. Once you’ve ridden a silent motor, anything else is annoying and takes from the experience. Anyone that says they get used to the motor whine hasn't ridden an EXe. The sound of my tires on he dirt is louder than the motor. Love my EXe.

ohiomoto

Nov 14, 2023
Ohio
My wife and I rented carbon Levo SLs in Vail this summer. The SL was pretty nice but the EXe has a little more power, feels a little burlier, and feels slightly more natural. The SL was lighter, less powerful, and felt more XC-oriented. I would rather have light wheels and tires on the EXe if I wanted the bike to feel more XCish. We were both very happy to have the EXe.

ohiomoto

Nov 14, 2023
Ohio
I didn't read the entire 95 pages here so apologies if this has been discussed...

My EXe has creaked since I got it earlier this year. In the beginning, it only creaked while pedaling while standing but it got worse with time. I fixed it by tightening the front chainring. To accomplish this you need to remove the driveside crank arm with an ISIS crank arm removal tool and then tighten the chainring with an ISIS bottom bracket too.

keeganxt

Oct 12, 2023
Atlanta
I've got the dreaded creak too. I'm not bothered by it, i would always get creaks on past bikes after 2-3 ride days in dry weather. I checked motor bolt torque and one was a bit loose, but it didn't fix it. I had to order the ISIS 20 tooth tool (hope that's the right one) so I can check torque on the chainring tomorrow. It really sounds like it's coming from the battery compartment, so if the chain ring doesn't work I'll removed the battery and take some pedal strokes under load.

Rorschach84

Jun 9, 2023
Western Australia
Anyone riding packless on the EXe?
I’m trying to work out how to fit a bottle, OneUp pump and a small pack for phone, keys and a small multi tool.
Have a Spesh MTB Bandit to hold a tube under my seat

keeganxt

Oct 12, 2023
Atlanta
I run a Oneup pump and a fidlock mount with their smaller bottle on a medium fuel exe. It’s a tight fit and I added some frame tape when the bottle will slightly rub the frame on rides.

Your best bet will be to put a top tube bag near the seat post. It’s hard with the controller screen and charge port eating up real estate.

Last edited:

Magnacus

Subscriber
May 11, 2023
Munich, Germany
I’m trying to work out how to fit a bottle, OneUp pump and a small pack for phone, keys and a small multi tool.
Maybe B-RAD SYSTEM. Flexible and affordable.

Peatys TRAIL TOOL WRAP is nice too.
A simple STRAP?
On my Gravelbike I use a Fidlock saddle bag. It doesn't fit a pump, but CO2 cartridges.

Also a clever hidingplace for multitools is the handlebar/stem:
1. OneUp:
Insinde the pump:
Absolutely clean and perfect 👍

2. https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/encase-system

3. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/daysaver/daysaver-incredible-the-completely-adaptive-multitool
(Premium stuff, my favourite but out of stock and currently not listed in the websop Daysaver - The Best Multitools)

I use a hipbag for my mobile, keys, sunglasses, pump, snacks. It even has a bladder.
Looks a bit bulky, but I got used to it 😏
But you want to ride packless, so I guess this is not an option...

wheelsx2

Aug 27, 2023
Seattle, WA
On my Large EXe:
OneUp EDC Lite in stem
Custom Dynaplug bar ends
Granite Design Portalege under top tube mount (I use a Silca strap, but the stock strap works fine.)
76 Projects .3l bag with:
OneUp Inflator
25gm+Gorilla Tape, 20gm Co2
Clever flatout lever tool+ PowerLink
OneUp chain breaker V2 (mounts to lever)
6mm L-key for wheels
CR2032 battery
Park tire boot
$20, nitrile gloves, compressed towel
Tubolito Tube and 8 zip tires stored under the lower motor cover.
IMG_9713 copy.jpeg

Rorschach84

Jun 9, 2023
Western Australia
Thanks guys
I currently use a Henty Enduro pack but trying to keep it simple
The OneUp pump has an EDC tool and inflator so I’m good there.
I’ve also got a Wolftooth B-RAD plate, so maybe a TekLite bag under the top tube for a phone, keys and a few bits?

Also, what length bolts are people using for a pump under the bottle cage? The stock ones are too short…

Pharmaboy

Sep 26, 2022
NSW, Australia
Thanks guys
I currently use a Henty Enduro pack but trying to keep it simple
The OneUp pump has an EDC tool and inflator so I’m good there.
I’ve also got a Wolftooth B-RAD plate, so maybe a TekLite bag under the top tube for a phone, keys and a few bits?

Also, what length bolts are people using for a pump under the bottle cage? The stock ones are too short…
For bolts - i used rotor bolts, they are about 15mm long which is perfect for fitting a pump under the bid on cage- fiddle to install of course, they are torx t20 i think, so useful if you have a torx bit set for a drill driver - it enables you to get it up to finger tight without too much swearing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles