Fuel EXe Trek Fuel EXe Megathread!

xcel

Apr 6, 2024
Germany
FML installed new rear shock, fastened one side of the upper bolts with 17nm as per manual, did the other side - head of the bolt sheared straight off without the torque wrench getting close to 17nm.

JayX2A

Aug 11, 2024
England
Thanks for that I think mine is very similar type of noise but mine will not creak unless I pedal very hard. I will get it out again tomorrow and thoroughly go through it to see if I can make it creak like yours.

Did you give it a go? I didn’t have time to do any greasing before riding today so still creaky.

Annoyingly my front tyre lost a load of air but still managed to limp home with what it kept inside!

Will get on to the creak this week to try track it down.

JayX2A

Aug 11, 2024
England
So it’s been a few rides now and loving the bike but few more changes to happen this week. The 20mm rise was not for me on the bars. My 35mm oneups are now on.

Just don’t like these TRP brakes. Swapping them over to the XTs from my old bike. Well my local mechanic is swapping them lol

The Wolfpack tyres I tried were a bit weak. They were ok but sidewalls not great. My mate was selling a set of brand new Maxxis for mates rate so just seated them today. These wheels are a joy to work with. Tyres are pretty easy to get on and seat so been no major swearing lol

View attachment IMG_0434.jpeg

Fd3chris

Oct 22, 2023
United Kingdom
I took mine to a friend's and we stripped the motor out and greased everything while putting it back. I think it was a dry pedal after all of that. Went for a long ride yesterday in Gisburn forest in the UK and not one creak.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles