SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

Adilka

Jul 11, 2024
Almaty
why u buy from Jean? i have share linda contact here several time. If linda she will ask you for selection.
Jean asked me for selection, but I missed this, confused by coil shock

So, Jean asked engineer and they confirmed that it will fit v1 frame

Will wait, frame is already at Chinese mail forwarder

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
My new GX reach 0.5 and it's almost break at 670km , will try xx1 next.

IMG-20240807-WA0240.jpeg IMG-20240807-WA0238.jpeg IMG-20240807-WA0236.jpeg

Rusty-spokes

Aug 20, 2024
Canada
How long were shipping times for Canada? My CEF50 has been in transit for over a month. When I search the tracking is just says

“UPS doesn’t have possession of the package yet. Estimated delivery date will be available as soon as we get the package.”

It’s being saying this for the last 30 days.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
How long were shipping times for Canada? My CEF50 has been in transit for over a month. When I search the tracking is just says

“UPS doesn’t have possession of the package yet. Estimated delivery date will be available as soon as we get the package.”

It’s being saying this for the last 30 days.
Normally you have somewhere the name of the ship and with it you can follow their location. For me after crossing to EU the parcel stay several week at landing warehouse before travel to my country

Rusty-spokes

Aug 20, 2024
Canada
Normally you have somewhere the name of the ship and with it you can follow their location. For me after crossing to EU the parcel stay several week at landing warehouse before travel to my country
It actually just changed it’s status….

“we have your package, delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”

So for those also getting it shipped to Canada, expect about a month before it gets handed to UPS.

gkparker85

Aug 15, 2024
Orem, UT
Am I dumb? I removed the motor to make cable routing easier but now can't figure out how everything goes back together. I can see where the 3 cables in the first picture all connect to the motor (one is from the speed sensor, one is from the battery, and one is from the control deck), but I have no idea where the 3 plugs in the second picture go? Any assistance?

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

Rusty-spokes

Aug 20, 2024
Canada
Am I dumb? I removed the motor to make cable routing easier but now can't figure out how everything goes back together. I can see where the 3 cables in the first picture all connect to the motor (one is from the speed sensor, one is from the battery, and one is from the control deck), but I have no idea where the 3 plugs in the second picture go? Any assistance?

View attachment 145810

View attachment 145811
the top three are all I used, I know the small red and black female terminals are for a light, the yellow triangle I think is for an optional shift sensor or brake cut off? the small white one, not sure. My cef50 didn't come with that one.

for my build I just shrink wrapped the yellow one, and the red and black pair. and tucked them up under the battery.

gkparker85

Aug 15, 2024
Orem, UT
the top three are all I used, I know the small red and black female terminals are for a light, the yellow triangle I think is for an optional shift sensor or brake cut off? the small white one, not sure. My cef50 didn't come with that one.

for my build I just shrink wrapped the yellow one, and the red and black pair. and tucked them up under the battery.
Awesome - thanks for the intel Rusty! Much appreciated.

Yozha

Sep 10, 2023
Kazakhstan

View attachment 145810

View attachment 145811
You can clearly see the wiring diagram in this photo. I had problems with that too))))))

Adilka

Jul 11, 2024
Almaty
Hi! Be careful with polarity - I made a mistake and ended up with melting plugs from battery and on motor with sparks :mad:

So, my friend managed to make new one:

1671336w.jpg

Also, for v1 frame CC DB Kitsuma - doesn't fit:

1671337w.jpg

But after repair I managed to complete my bike:

1671245w.jpg

Here bigger (6.3 Mb) image https://ixbt.photo/photo/117696/706992b2vwmUPkd/9OcTAzNRyl/1671245.jpg

1671247w.jpg

Bigger - https://ixbt.photo/photo/117696/706992b2vwmUPkd/9OcTAzNRyl/1671247.jpg

1671246w.jpg

Bigger - https://ixbt.photo/photo/117696/706992b2vwmUPkd/9OcTAzNRyl/1671246.jpg

I think I will change handlebar - this one (Chinese copy of Gemini Kastor) - isn't round - so display doesn't fit well:

1671335w.jpg

Specs:

CEF50 v1 Large, 720 Wh 48V
Fox 36 E-bike specific
As Kitsuma didn't go well - it is a cheap RS Deluxe Select - will be replaced soon
GX AXS + e13 9-50 cassette
Reverb AXS 170mm
Hope Tech 3 V4 + purple 203mm rotors
Bike Ahead Biturbo E

Yozha

Sep 10, 2023
Kazakhstan
Hi all. I suddenly realized that the battery capacity of 700Wh*48V is a quarter less than 720Wh*36V.... However, that said, a 48V motor should be more efficient than a 36V motor. Has anyone done an experiment on how much farther a 720Wh*36V assembly will travel than a 700Wh*48V assembly?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Hello guys, i have an hard time with internal frame rooting (brakes and derailleur) do you guys have any tips ?
No tip but I remember it was complicated when you enter the rear triangle
Try to come from the back maybe and then pull ?

Rusty-spokes

Aug 20, 2024
Canada
Hello guys, i have an hard time with internal frame rooting (brakes and derailleur) do you guys have any tips ?
Start at the back, take the shock off so you can manipulate the rear triangle and create a gap where it goes from chainstay to BB area. Also try getting something smaller through first like a cable and using that to guide the housing.

One tip—

send in a shift cable through, but leave the little barrel out back. Butt the housing to the barrel and heat shrink them together. As you pull the cable it will guide the housing without getting caught up.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
No tip but I remember it was complicated when you enter the rear triangle
Try to come from the back maybe and then pull ?
I have try many way to eliminate cable , you can think of if I basically try before. Anyway use the AC insulation hose it's the best n easiest method. Now my bike has no cable sound problem.

Screenshot_20240827_074305_Shopee.jpg

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
As for speed sensor , you need to remove you shock and fully compressed your frame to check if you speed sensor it's long enough on the magnet side. Pls check it else u going to have trouble cable being Snape like ne..

Joshack92

Aug 27, 2024
Uk
Just ordered a small v2 frame for my wife..

What’s the real life max dropper insertion depth on a small?

Also whats the stand over height as it’s not on the geo?

Cheers

gkparker85

Aug 15, 2024
Orem, UT
Anyone have any trouble with their electronics not working? I finally got all my cables routed and reinstalled the motor. Made sure all 3 plugs that go into the motor are nice and snug. Power button on frame will light up but motor and display will not power on. Wondering if I got a dud or if I am doing something wrong?

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
U
Anyone have any trouble with their electronics not working? I finally got all my cables routed and reinstalled the motor. Made sure all 3 plugs that go into the motor are nice and snug. Power button on frame will light up but motor and display will not power on. Wondering if I got a dud or if I am doing something wrong?
Unplug all the cable and plug in back again . It's normal where LCD panel does not power up. I usually unplug the LCD section first if can't only remove the motor . Please check your speed sensor has enough room when your shock it's fully compress. I broke my cable before..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles