SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi everyone, a little off the topic, has anyone used a fox float X2 on there CEF50? Any issues perhaps?
So, there's two frame versions: 1) the initial no coil or V1, and 2) the coil + V2 frame.

The X2 should work with the latter coil + version. I really want to try the new upgraded RS Vivid, but I have V1 so 😔.

Actually, I think some people here tried unsuccessfully the X2 and Kitsuma DB fitment on V1 no coil. Just not enough room for the bigger bottom air can apparently. Unless I'm misremembering. Feel free to chime in if I'm incorrect peeps.😎

Last edited:

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Looking at my V2 theres definitely room for coils or large air can shocks like the x2, but one thing i am noticing is the leverage ratio and rate is definitely not optimized. I wonder if the V1 was optimized but then they did a v2 just shifting the lower mount hole to physically fit a larger shock without redoing the analysis for the suspension rate. It does not seem very linear and if anything has some weird characteristics where it blows through its travel like it is an extreme rising rate for 75% of its travel then has a falling rate for its last 10%. Imo a coil would not work well at all with this frame because of this and i am having a hard time dialing in my float x.

Yozha

Sep 10, 2023
Kazakhstan
That's not too bad. 💸 But keep field testing it out.

Can you hit it with a rubber mallet (soft and medium intensity) while mounted on your frame?

And before mounting the guard then twist it with your opposite hands back and forth to test torsional strength.

My SZZS guard broke when I tried these methods.😔

However, with my carbon overlay workaround, I was able to use these methods to get basic strength predictability....then just riding over time to verify its rigor.👊
I'll give it a try, but I'm not sure I'm ready to hit it hard after your story)))))

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
i recently update my 48V firmware from CRX30PC4812E102006.1_230216 to CRX30PC4812E102012.1_240412. It has huge different during climb. Previously motor will continue run for few second when my crank stop or leg on ground BUT now motor will stop once my crank stop spinning.

Yozha

Sep 10, 2023
Kazakhstan
i recently update my 48V firmware from CRX30PC4812E102006.1_230216 to CRX30PC4812E102012.1_240412. It has huge different during climb. Previously motor will continue run for few second when my crank stop or leg on ground BUT now motor will stop once my crank stop spinning.
This seems to be a more correct algorithm. Could you tell me how to update the firmware? Is there a possibility to backup the old version - to return if something goes wrong?

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Regarding the Fox X2-Shock: Fits in perfectly...
1722241091137.png

As you can see in the next picture, I am also running a Shimano XT 12x Cassette with a SRAM GX AXS derailleur.
I do have some very minor issues in the middle-gears, but this does not bother me at all.
Good thing about the Shimano-Cassettes: you can change the smaller sprockets seperately, which are the most used ones - saves a ton of money... :)

1722240991521.png

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
"you can change the smaller sprockets seperately, which are the most used ones - saves a ton of money... :)"

depend where you ride, for me it's the bigger sprockets who are used more :giggle:

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
"you can change the smaller sprockets seperately, which are the most used ones - saves a ton of money... :)"

depend where you ride, for me it's the bigger sprockets who are used more :giggle:
Yeah, you're absolutely right...
To be honest - due to spare-time-issues - i mostly use my bike for commuting etc.
Not really the intended use at the moment. :(

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Y
Is it possible to update the firmware via Bafang Go+?
Yes u can but u have ro be VERY careful , my Go+ automatically update to 36V but my battery is 48V. Once u get the wrong update , u will get an error msg and then u need Besst to fix it.

When u click on update on Go+ , it will show the new update file, look at the file name carefully CRX30PC4812E102006.1_230216.bin this is 48v ...PC48...if u see PC36 or PC42 , it's 36 or 42v.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Regarding the Fox X2-Shock: Fits in perfectly...
View attachment 144473

As you can see in the next picture, I am also running a Shimano XT 12x Cassette with a SRAM GX AXS derailleur.
I do have some very minor issues in the middle-gears, but this does not bother me at all.
Good thing about the Shimano-Cassettes: you can change the smaller sprockets seperately, which are the most used ones - saves a ton of money... :)

View attachment 144472
Looks good!👍 So, is your X2 on the Vi frame (air) or V2 frame (coil +)?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles