SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
So the good news is...I made it home with the DS chainstay cracked (just partially)...so lucky it didn't break in half on trail jumps. I lost the inboard bolt and washer too and must have come off before I was loading up my bike on my hitch rack. So yeah!👍 But now I get to wait and warranty it. Probably a month. I might just patch it with my carbon kit so I can ride until the new chain stay arrives. I wonder if I overtorqued the inbound side bolt.😝🤔
View attachment 124508
I don't think this is a warranty case. You have increased the stroke of the rear suspension. But if you change the part under warranty, then I will love this company even more. I bought a CEF49 frame and an M560 motor. I really like talking to Jean. She always responds to messages on time. Other companies communicate very poorly and may not respond for several weeks.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I don't think this is a warranty case. You have increased the stroke of the rear suspension. But if you change the part under warranty, then I will love this company even more. I bought a CEF49 frame and an M560 motor. I really like talking to Jean. She always responds to messages on time. Other companies communicate very poorly and may not respond for several weeks.
Don't tell anyone I overstroked it.🤫 Plus, it's experimental. I still believe the 55 stroke is fine...at least with the MegNeg. Besides I don't think it mattered as much as the swingarm bolts for my weight.😁

I think I am going full custom Ti bolts for the whole triangle/swingarm. I'm a heavy rider and will probably benefit the most with heavy-duty upgrades at the pivots. 💪

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Don't tell anyone I overstroked it.🤫 Plus, it's experimental. I still believe the 55 stroke is fine...at least with the MegNeg. Besides I don't think it mattered as much as the swingarm bolts for my weight.😁

I think I am going full custom Ti bolts for the whole triangle/swingarm. I'm a heavy rider and will probably benefit the most with heavy-duty upgrades at the pivots. 💪

Look on the bright side. Now you can justify an upgrade to UDH chainstay (y)

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Look on the bright side. Now you can justify an upgrade to UDH chainstay (y)
True...except its the DS chainstay. The UDH goes on the seat stay...but future upgrade! Possibly....I want the Kindernay VII internally geared hub when they have electronic shifting(I think it needs UDH for install).🤟

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
Other than the clatter on the downhill, everything else is pretty good.
1694328472082.png
1694329275268.png

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
So the good news is...I made it home with the DS chainstay cracked (just partially)...so lucky it didn't break in half on trail jumps. I lost the inboard bolt and washer too and must have come off before I was loading up my bike on my hitch rack. So yeah!👍 But now I get to wait and warranty it. Probably a month. I might just patch it with my carbon kit so I can ride until the new chain stay arrives. I wonder if I overtorqued the inbound side bolt.😝🤔
View attachment 124508
Did you recall what you were doing when it happened. Was there a big pop when it happened?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Did you recall what you were doing when it happened. Was there a big pop when it happened?
No. I didn't feel or hear until I got back to the trailhead and loaded up on my rack. Then I jiggled the rear triangle on the rack and heard squeaking and then noticed the crack (I think it's only a hairline fracture and will pull it apart soon to get a good look at the damage🤞) and the missing inboard mating bolt and washer.

Honestly, I think I overtightened them ( left my torque wrench at home), because they were loose a few rides prior. I should've re-tightened it when I got back from my recent camping trip. Laziness on my part.😝

I'm now using a new orange gel thread locker 3x more lock-down power than blue, but still half of red apparently.
PXL_20230910_231157338.jpg

Also, kinda what I get for being sloppy on tailwhips when landing baby jumps.😁

i just don't trust the OEM mating bolts now, it's non-standard and think that might be my specific main issue, along with heavy rider load. So, going custom Ti the whole lot of 'em on the rear triangle. It should be more durable in the long run for my needs.💪

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Here's a video I made showing a detailed view and build of the CEF50 frame and M820 motor. Once I get a few more rides in, I'll be creating a detailed review of both the frame and motor.
Well done and comprehensive!🤛

I think I'm going for the Nukeproof headset top cap now that I've seen it in use...I got some water ingress last camping trip while driving my truck in the rain at 75 mph (was in my open truck bed standing and racheted down like a moto😝). I forgot to put a piece of vinyl tape on it to cover it for the transport, so it got a long water blast unfortunately.🫣

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
It's like the chain is shaking and constantly pulling on the clutch.There are 4 videos in the zip
I don’t recognize py noise in your videos.
On my side, it’s each time the assistance starts and stops, there’s like a metallic noise, I guess this is the clutch engaging or something like this, but it’s a bit weird, I’ll try to record it

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Just got back from a week' s long riding trip. The trail-system (Phil's World, Cortez, CO, USA) has some fairly flowy tech with scary, rock slab drops on some lines that I survived...barely!🤙

Before I left, I painted the rocker arm/linkage area with a thick coat of black paint pen. No marring, pitting, or chaffing after a week of hard riding. 👍

Seems like the 55 mm stroke works with my 210x55 RS MegNeg.💪
View attachment 121944

I just painted my warranty front triangle before my trip. I'm now ready to disassemble my rear linkage and paint it. I'll inspect it further for any cracks, weakness etc. and report on it if something is questionable.🤞
View attachment 121945
hey, what purple cranks are you using?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Yap at the moment coil shock may not work but linda told me they are redesign it to make it work on coil. Sorry typing error, i am getting 210x55 not 200.
I'm satisfied that the 210 x 55 works...at least for me.😇

No paint flaking in the past 5+ weeks since the touch up paint with the correct custom Ti pivot bolt and the main pivot bolt issue The OEM bolt was 10 mm too short and the mating screw (2 of them) kept sheering off causing paint flaking at swingarm joints it appears) as I was able to ride it back lamed to my truck. 😄

I interpret that as no friction points with my Megneg 210x55 mm!🤟
PXL_20230914_153359983.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles