SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
I was told that everything was fine.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-10 at 17.28.11.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-07-10 at 17.28.12.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-07-10 at 17.33.04.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-07-10 at 17.33.17.jpeg

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Is huktek a bolt company? I am still waiting for my bolts to ship from China.. I assume those bolts are gonna be incorrectly sized at this point :(
Huk-tek specializes in Ti bolts for bicycles in the US. The owner does a lot of race road bikes and XC full SUS frame bolt replacement ...we'll see how it turns out. I'll know in just a few more days.🤞

My frame was among the early shipments by SZZS. I'm betting my short main pivot bolt was just a mistake in a rush to get my frame out faster, someone simply assembled it with the wrong bolt size. I'm surprised that the black M6 mating bolt lasted as long as it did.

My fault for not noticing sooner when I put loctite on it after the second ride when I replaced it.😵‍💫 I thought it looked off. But then again, the motor mount bolts and spacers are a little unusual too.

Just bad luck (again) on my frame only likely.😵 My warranty front triangle should be here soon. Then I can finally paint it and finish it to completion. 💪

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Oh wow! The mating bolt they sent on my frame was weird! Here's what came with mine...the engineer took a pic for me. See the speciality washer....very unusual. I don't know why SZZS would've spec'd a smaller two-piece assembly...it's weaker and more complicated unnecessarily. Very strange. Maybe my frame's pivot bolt was an early version. Then they switched it up and mine just got skipped when they updated the others.🤔
Screenshot_20230710-064907.png

Your's is what is more standard. It's one piece with a shoulder on it to snuggly fit into the outer bushing. That's basically what Huk-tek milled for me.
Screenshot_20230710-064655.png

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Oh wow! The mating bolt they sent on my frame was weird! Here's what came with mine...the engineer took a pic for me. See the speciality washer....very unusual. I don't know why SZZS would've spec'd a smaller two-piece assembly...it's weaker and more complicated unnecessarily. Very strange. Maybe my frame's pivot bolt was an early version. Then they switched it up and mine just got skipped when they updated the others.🤔
View attachment 119949

Your's is what is more standard. It's one piece with a shoulder on it to snuggly fit into the outer bushing. That's basically what Huk-tek milled for me.
View attachment 119950
I have exactly the same steel bolt. You can see the bolt thread. In the diagram you can see the thread in the 60mm aluminum bolt. I also thought my bolt was short. I wrote to Jean again that I still need to change something in the design of this bolt.

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Well I started to build the bike and dropped the motor to install the cables. Unfortunately I found both endcaps of the Bafang battery housing broken during shipment.
View attachment 120029

View attachment 120030
Don't worry. You have the opportunity to throw away the 1 kg case and stick a strong adhesive tape on the aluminum guide. I would add some mounting foam inside the bike body so that the battery holds up well.

55555555555555555p.jpg

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
1kg! Crazy.. Did anyone consider 3d printed case as a replacement?
I was msging with Linda about battery cases. I asked her to build me a carbon battery case. She said they are already developing a new battery case, but in alloy. I somehow convinced her boss and they will also develop one in carbon!
This will be a big advantage over other frame suppliers and Bafang. I can't wait!

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
And then You need to push them for a frame redesign, allowing to pull the battery out of the downtube without removing the motor (like Rocky Mountain etc.) That would be perfect for me 😊

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Don't worry. You have the opportunity to throw away the 1 kg case and stick a strong adhesive tape on the aluminum guide. I would add some mounting foam inside the bike body so that the battery holds up well.

View attachment 120032
@LAnton thanks for your response. I would be concerned about the battery "swinging" without a bolted connection to the mounting bar...

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
@LAnton thanks for your response. I would be concerned about the battery "swinging" without a bolted connection to the mounting bar...
I ordered new 720W batteries. I will receive them in 5 days. I have two empty cases for 720W. I will do the assembly without the case. The 720W case has a non-removable strap, I will have to ruin 1 case in order to cut the strap from the case.
To prevent the battery from swinging, TCFlowClyde suggested gluing it onto the mounting foam. I like this idea. I'll try to do it. Assemble a light bike and carry a piece of iron weighing 1 kg in the frame.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-13 at 09.42.10.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-07-13 at 09.42.29.jpeg

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I ordered new 720W batteries. I will receive them in 5 days. I have two empty cases for 720W. I will do the assembly without the case. The 720W case has a non-removable strap, I will have to ruin 1 case in order to cut the strap from the case.
To prevent the battery from swinging, TCFlowClyde suggested gluing it onto the mounting foam. I like this idea. I'll try to do it. Assemble a light bike and carry a piece of iron weighing 1 kg in the frame.

View attachment 120086 View attachment 120087
Like the idea. I also order empty case from Linda. Let us know your modification.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia

The 720Wh cases are very robust. The mounting bracket is molded as part of the case. It would take a lot of cutting to remove it.

Instead, why not just order the 360Wh mounting bar?
battery2.jpg

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Will the battery configuration in my Bafang case fit in the round 720w case. I can remove the BMS from the old battery and install the new BMS for the round case but I have no welder to reconfigure the batteries.

Herculesridesebikes

Jun 19, 2023
Australia

The case looks pretty robust, could you mill out some material to make it lighter?

haydz26

Jul 12, 2023
new zealand
hi there, im looking into building up a m820 bike but wanting to know from those with completed bikes how the performance and power delivery compares to that of other factory light weight ebikes like the trek fuel exe or the specialized levo sl?

and how would you compare the performance to that of a full power bosch, brose or yamaha system? cheers

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Alright, alright! Good news for me...a perfect fit. One bling-bling, blue Ti main pivot bolt.👑💎💰🎰. Costs $80, but only 4 days to get to my door.🤛

I figure the shorter black alloy OEM one somehow caught enough of the inside bushing edge to bridge the gap when tightened down.🤯

Now just waiting on my warranty front triangle replacement (days away now), and then I can finally finish the originally intended painted build.

Glad no one else had this type of bad luck with the frame.🍻
Screenshot_20230713-193627.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles