SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
View attachment 121247

Well, I guess Sizing is almost spot on to my Mondraker Crafty RR built as a 29er.
IMO the effective TopTube is even a bit shorter. I think they switched it up in this chart.
Taller headtube makes a bit higher stack.
Should be good in XL. Unfortunately, there is no data for size L. Maybe I'll import it.
The TT of the Crafty is much longer then CEF50, even if the reach value is the same. This is due to the steeper seat angle of the CEF50.

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
The TT of the Crafty is much longer then CEF50, even if the reach value is the same. This is due to the steeper seat angle of the CEF50.
I THINK they made a mistake here...
1690547541285.png

This (red) would be the effective TT, which is shorter than the 670 of the Crafty.
Or do you mean that it is not the effective TT, because the scale (blue) is not perpendicular? Then you would be right, but the values of the Crafty and the CEF50 would not be comparable...

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I THINK they made a mistake here...
View attachment 121251
This (red) would be the effective TT, which is shorter than the 670 of the Crafty.
Or do you mean that it is not the effective TT, because the scale (blue) is not perpendicular? Then you would be right, but the values of the Crafty and the CEF50 would not be comparable...
All correct- like written above. The effective TT of the CEF50 is 15mm shorter, due to the steeper seat angle. Imagine the seat angle is getting steeper, then the TT is getting shorter without any effect on the reach value..

scm007

Mar 23, 2022
Seattle
I am going to build an m820 bike. Is there a FAQ of all the parts to buy? Also I would like to build a battery pack that is comprised of 6x 100wh subpacks so i can fly with it via TSA rules. Can the external port for the m820 can power the motor without the internal battery inside of it? Basically can I make my own range extender this way.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
You must replace the connector and rewire to use an external battery to power the motor. See my thread on the subject.

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
I finally finished installing the 720W internal battery without the case. The weight of the bike is 19 kg. A lot of mounting foam will warm the battery in winter. Size M

View attachment 120870 View attachment 120871
honestly, not much of a weight score! on e10 xl size, if I fold the 720wh battery, put lighter components, lighter tires, lighter fork, wheels...... I believe the weight could be under 22kg. and much more power. and in m size even lighter.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
I have a question: On the DP C245.CAN I tried connecting into Go+, which I wasn't expecting it to work at all. However, my phone found the DP C245.CAN right away and paired with it. Then it seems like it disconnects and throws up in the middle of the phone screen a connecting message that doesn't seem to go away.

Have you guys figured out the fix for this?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
The general consensus is that there is a third version of the unit and only it works. Part number listed as XXX.V3

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I would try a different phone if you have access. Note the version of Android on each to see if it makes a difference. Same with Bluetooth. Good Luck

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Thank you for this information!
Is there a list of Go+ compatible components?
Before I order I want to make sure to get the "best" parts...
There is very little info on GO+. You can find the manual on Bafangs site but it is of limited use.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Thanks guys. I will carry it because it is lightly finished. Work hard. I used to ride the E10 L size, but the CEF50 is small. I may exchange it for an XL size. It is very good that the seat angle is happening

View attachment 121430
CEF50 reach is 483, E10 size L reach is 485 - almost same. The difference is the toptube length, 630 vs. 658 for the E10. This is related to the steeper seat angle of the CEF50, so I assume the seated position feels short for You. May be You try to move the saddle backwards as much as possible, or look for a dropper with more setback…

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
honestly, not much of a weight score! on e10 xl size, if I fold the 720wh battery, put lighter components, lighter tires, lighter fork, wheels...... I believe the weight could be under 22kg. and much more power. and in m size even lighter.
Easy to calculate, CEF50 vs. E10:

- frame is appr. 1,5 kg lighter
- battery is only 0,5 kg lighter
- engine is 0,6 kg lighter

Summing up to weight saving potential of appr. 2.6 kg. If You use a lighter battery (LAnton) You’ll save another 0,7 kg.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Ahn, y

Ahn you lose. We have some lovely parting gifts, thank you for playing :eek:
Linda tells me that she can't get the 3.0 version and she is getting no info as to when they might be available. But there are a few out in the wild shown in a thread here on EMTB.
Haha, I’ll take my KFC gift certificate. Yea I found the thread where this was being discussed and it looks like at the earliest it theoretically be August. Huge miss on the part of Bafan.

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Ahn, y

Ahn you lose. We have some lovely parting gifts, thank you for playing :eek:
Linda tells me that she can't get the 3.0 version and she is getting no info as to when they might be available. But there are a few out in the wild shown in a thread here on EMTB.
When did she tell you this?
Just a couple of hours ago she told me:
and we can give the DPC245(3.0)version which can use “go+” app.( fyi attached picture), thank you very much.

1690898146217.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles