SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
1F8565AB578BAFB59C505FB72AC7FC73.jpg

My second order to Linda with common cable routing through frame. Will be using 48v system for this, Linda said battery is lighter than 36v cause it's using different case. Let's see.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Just got back from a week' s long riding trip. The trail-system (Phil's World, Cortez, CO, USA) has some fairly flowy tech with scary, rock slab drops on some lines that I survived...barely!🤙

Before I left, I painted the rocker arm/linkage area with a thick coat of black paint pen. No marring, pitting, or chaffing after a week of hard riding. 👍

Seems like the 55 mm stroke works with my 210x55 RS MegNeg.💪
PXL_20230807_000515212.jpg

I just painted my warranty front triangle before my trip. I'm now ready to disassemble my rear linkage and paint it. I'll inspect it further for any cracks, weakness etc. and report on it if something is questionable.🤞
PXL_20230729_153441797.jpg

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Just got back from a week' s long riding trip. The trail-system (Phil's World, Cortex, CO, USA) has some fairly flowy tech with scary, rock slab drops on some lines that I survived...barely!🤙

Before I left, I painted the rocker arm/linkage area with a thick coat of black paint pen. No marring, pitting, or chaffing after a week of hard riding. 👍

View attachment 121944

I just painted my warranty front triangle before my trip. I'm now ready to disassemble my rear linkage and paint it. I'll inspect it further for any cracks, weakness etc. and report on it if something is questionable.🤞
View attachment 121945
I'm in rest now after broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago. Doctor said I can ride again in 6 weeks :(

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Just got back from a week' s long riding trip. The trail-system (Phil's World, Cortez, CO, USA) has some fairly flowy tech with scary, rock slab drops on some lines that I survived...barely!🤙

View attachment 121944

View attachment 121945
That color scheme looks great. Nice work!

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
Another question, I noticed the other night that I was able to keep full power below 30%. The system allowed me to keep full power down to 25%. I was done with my ride at that point and it was dark so I I couldn't take it to the drop off point. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a built in "burn in" period on these batteries such that after X amount of recharge cycles it considers the battery broken and allows it to go lower than 30%?

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Another question, I noticed the other night that I was able to keep full power below 30%. The system allowed me to keep full power down to 25%. I was done with my ride at that point and it was dark so I I couldn't take it to the drop off point. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a built in "burn in" period on these batteries such that after X amount of recharge cycles it considers the battery broken and allows it to go lower than 30%?
Power decreases after 20%

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I just got a quote with 36V and DPC245 V3
not only of course. But when i have ordered m820, they have change DPC245 to rev 3.0 when they have change 36V to 48V. It's the raison why i suppose that only rev3 can manage 48V. but i can't certified

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Just spoke with Linda. They're preparing a new rear triangle that uses the UDH instead of the custom hanger. this is AMAZING news!!!

Also commented on modifying the lower shock mount to move it 1cm further from the seat tube to allow a coil shock to fit.
I'm really happy on how good the post-sales service is. Impressive!

JJ-NOR

Aug 5, 2023
Norway
and if i can Ask, what type of special tools do i need for a build like this?

This will be my first build and need the most tools i Would imagine :)

Thx

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France

Thx
You will need:
A cassette tool
A headset installation tool
A chain tool
An isis tool to install the chainring
A torque wrench
All sizes torx and allen keys
A bleed kit for your brakes
Grease

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US

Thx
Park BBT-18 to tighten the Bafang Motor lockring.

How did everyone tighten the motor bolts with the nylock nuts. THe openings are too tight for a thin-wall socket. I used a big flat blade screwdriver to jam the nut from moving but it pained me to do it.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Park BBT-18 to tighten the Bafang Motor lockring.

How did everyone tighten the motor bolts with the nylock nuts. THe openings are too tight for a thin-wall socket. I used a big flat blade screwdriver to jam the nut from moving but it pained me to do it.
Ask her to send you a set of allen key motor bolts. I asked her to send me 2x sets of motor bolts and she sent me the original with nylock nuts, and another set with allen key bolts.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Just spoke with Linda. They're preparing a new rear triangle that uses the UDH instead of the custom hanger. this is AMAZING news!!!

Also commented on modifying the lower shock mount to move it 1cm further from the seat tube to allow a coil shock to fit.
I'm really happy on how good the post-sales service is. Impressive!
Looks like these guys are slowly building my dream bike.

UDH compatible (not running SRAM Transmission. but I do like a standardised hanger)
Coil shock compatible (not going to run a coil, but I like the option)
Carbon battery case (instead of the currently 1kg monster)

I'm really impressed with how they listen. I think I'm going to buy another frame.
Pretty soon we can have a bike built like Homer Simpson's car. Oversized cup holder anyone? :LOL:

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
It makes no sense.
I always thought the displays were auto-voltage-sensing (is that a thing?) or am I wrong?

It usually has a voltage regulator, so if it supports 48v, it’ll support anything lower than it.
Data goes through can and pretty sure every ic in the display is 5v or 3.3v driven

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles