SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Okay, if that's the case, I'll also delay my order a little until it's all been put in and tested.
I already have a super deluxe ultimate at home, but coil is worth a try, especially on an e-bike.
UDH is very important to me, so I'm happy to wait a few more weeks...
Does anyone have any news about the price and availability of the carbon battery cover?

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Okay, if that's the case, I'll also delay my order a little until it's all been put in and tested.
I already have a super deluxe ultimate at home, but coil is worth a try, especially on an e-bike.
Does anyone have any news about the price and availability of the carbon battery cover?
are u sure few more weeks for their new triangle?

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
are u sure few more weeks for their new triangle?
No, of course I'm not.
"A few" is also a matter of definition. It could be 6-8-10-12. I don't think they would communicate it if the construction wasn't already relatively advanced.
I can wait and am happy about every improvement.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia

It's going to take time.
UDH - chainstay modification
lower shock mount reposition, front frame modification - I would imagine they also have to look at the effects on suspension?

carbon battery case: my conversation on 2023-08-02
"3D print model will come back this week, then will try assembling, when all are ok, will open carbon mold, and it needs longer time."

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
It makes no sense.
I always thought the displays were auto-voltage-sensing (is that a thing?) or am I wrong?
sure, but may be previous versions can't manage 48V ? Only supposition following information collected (guy with previous rev of HMI who don't fuctioning with 48V, supplier who change proposal to DPC245 3.0 when battery power supply changed to 48V). Not a "truth true"

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
I suggested moving the shock mount, but Linda told me that she’s not sure engineers will do it since it’s modifying the front mould and that’s quite expensive.

UDH is almost ready as she told me, i’ll order that piece to replace my normal hanger.

Also, bare in mind to order the frame with cable holes to avoid using the headset ICR

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
I suggested moving the shock mount, but Linda told me that she’s not sure engineers will do it since it’s modifying the front mould and that’s quite expensive.

UDH is almost ready as she told me, i’ll order that piece to replace my normal hanger.

Also, bare in mind to order the frame with cable holes to avoid using the headset ICR

I'm still torn about the headset.
It's actually quite cool not to have any visible cables on the frame, especially if you use axs.
On the other hand, it's a lot of work and it sucks when it doesn't fit 100%.
It's also annoying that you have to buy a new headset because the one that comes with it isn't waterproof.
In any case, I have agreed on a suitable colour with Linda. It could be cool.
I also can't imagine that they'll change anything else on the front triangle just because of a few guys who would like to ride coil. The kinematics would also change and that would be a huge ef
fort.

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
sure, but may be previous versions can't manage 48V ? Only supposition following information collected (guy with previous rev of HMI who don't fuctioning with 48V, supplier who change proposal to DPC245 3.0 when battery power supply changed to 48V). Not a "truth true"

I guess we'll see when I get mine. she said she'll send it 😉 it'll really suck lemons if it only works on 48v

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
stickers diy

1691634761568.png
1691634885964.png
1691634896467.png
1691635140292.png
1691635413689.png

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
The motor makes a loud noise when going downhill, like there is a steel ball jiggling in the motor, do you guys have any of those?The seller replaced the motor with a brand new one for me, still the same problem

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
It's like the chain is shaking and constantly pulling on the clutch.There are 4 videos in the zip

Attachments

• M820 noise video.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

JJ-NOR

Aug 5, 2023
Norway
If i could ask, do someone have spec list, for parts that fit this frame?

I would like to start and buy the correct parts for CEF50 frame :)

Thanks

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
If i could ask, do someone have spec list, for parts that fit this frame?

I would like to start and buy the correct parts for CEF50 frame :)

Thanks
Fork 150-160mm, rearshock 210x52.5/210x50 (air only), wheelset can be all 29er or mullet with 12x148 freehub. Other part U can choose what U need.

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
The motor makes a loud noise when going downhill, like there is a steel ball jiggling in the motor, do you guys have any of those?The seller replaced the motor with a brand new one for me, still the same problem
There’s a clank similar to shimano, that’s normal though. Are you sure it’s not the cables inside the down tube clanking against the wall of the frame?

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
There’s a clank similar to shimano, that’s normal though. Are you sure it’s not the cables inside the down tube clanking against the wall of the frame?
Nothing to do with suspension, cables, rear derailleur, if you remove the chain (clutch doesn't work) you'll notice it's quiet

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles