SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
I’ve just shared this link with Linda.
Hope she creates a user here and helps centralizing all the doubts and information as Jim usually does with LC.

My frame/motor/battery should ship in 2 weeks! Quite anxious waiting for it

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
The whole battery pack ?
This is completely Diy Pack.The case can be bought from aliexpress.There is a topic here in the forum in the focus thread.I will link it tonight
Here a link for the case :
there are different sources even allyexpress and different sizes.
And here the link for the whole thread:

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
that's 22.2mm. You need 22mm (according to their engineers). Looks like they have them in 22: RockShox Rear Shock Mounting Hardware - 3-Piece, 1/2", 8 x 22.0
The fitment is actually fairly straightforward. It's the width between the frame mount shock tabs.

Proof? see vid link below: and cue to about 7 minutes in.

This guy from Lost Co. bike shop in Seattle knows his "sh$t" aka product knowledge. 😁 They have serviced/rebuilt both my rear shocks and my Fox Transfer dropper posts.

That's the methodology I've done since buying and fitting my frames with rear shocks after my first Enduro bike called, oddly enough 'Specialized Enduro" in 2001. I borrowed a pair of analogue calipers back then to measure it, then just bought a nice digital one (as seen in my previous posts) following the subsequent 7 builds since then (6 frames China DIY direct).

I recommend buying a digital one...it will make life easier on current and future bike builds to achieve accurate fitting and avoiding confusion that sometimes even bike techs at the local bike shops can make as well.

That being said, I learned from my father who was an engineer, and a good friend who is a retired machinist...check your measurements multiple times for proper spec. and verify all other's numbers for yourself to be sure. Quality control isn't always as accurate as it could be on the these DIY builds in my experience. While rare, it does happen, the digital caliper tells all...with high precision. 😉

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I’ve just shared this link with Linda.
Hope she creates a user here and helps centralizing all the doubts and information as Jim usually does with LC.

My frame/motor/battery should ship in 2 weeks! Quite anxious waiting for it

IMHO doubt it would help. Jim at LC has gotten a lot better over the past few years (I have two Light Carbon Emtbs) and his English is great. And he will eventually correct any errors. Plus, he's quick to ask his engineering team.

Linda is nice but struggles on wording/phrases that's why I post my dialogue here with her and send annotated pics to better convey meaning. But I'm sure her English is far better than my Chinese, both Cantonese and Mandorian.💪 Again, new product line so learning curve is better with Jim.👍

Last edited:

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Linda is mentioning me that they’ll ship the 36v m820 with 36v BTF 014 but the only 014 battery that I can find is the 43v one.
Is that correct?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
In the 2023 Bafang catalog I see no 36v 410wh batteries. You can see the F100.B360.c and the FT014.410.c the part numbers have the voltage in the number.
Bafang2023.png

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
It looks like they only offer one 1x chainring which is a pain. I wonder what the mount is for the direct mount chainring.
Chainwheels.png

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I found these FSA 155mm crankarms. Not sure if the offset will work. $33.

Full Speed Ahead CK-220 Bosch Gen 4 eBike Crankarms - 155mm, ISIS, Black​

FSAchrankarms.jpg

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I figured for $33 it was worth a looksee. The lack of chainrings I see as a real problem. I hope they are using a common direct mount with something else.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I figured for $33 it was worth a looksee. The lack of chainrings I see as a real problem. I hope they are using a common direct mount with something else.
I forgot about the DM...I think some Emtbs are using them. IDK but ISIS interface is RF originally. And of course SRAM/Shimano followed suit, so hopefully. 🤞

That would sure be a cleaner, and likely lighter option if so...💪

This maybe?

Screenshot_20230306-101702.png

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I was looking at hope e crank arms. They are Isis and narrow q factor I'm pretty sure
Yeah, I splurged on some Purple 155 Hopes standard offset. They were on sale a few months ago, so I risked that they would fit due to ISIS spline!🤛

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Back and forth with Linda, she was almost about to send me a M820 36V motor with a BT F014 battery. Just asked her to consult again with Bafang and send a 43V motor and BT F014 battery

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I have been worried about that. Bafang does not make it clear and nobody is reading their 2023 catalog carefully.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Just 411: confirmed that 8x22 mounting hardware is indeed for RS not Fox...it was a typo by PlanterCyclery.com. Looks like 5 or more kits in stock. $9 USD per kit. Great find MK!💪
See link below if interested.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Finally...L-frame (19')+/- 2.47 kg/5.45 lbs.

Trust but verify...😁

Now I have to weigh all my bling, and kick in a few extra motor mounting bolts and headset + stem spacers, cables/housing etc. and that should be the full build prediction. If i got to 45 lbs w/out sealant and pedals...I'll be a happy camper.😜

I recommend holding off on the other frame weight requests...this took 2 weeks of multiple requests to get. Don't want to burn out Linda running tasks that might create more delays for the engineering team than necessary.
Screenshot_20230309-011115.png

Last edited:

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Finally...L-frame (19')+/- 2.47 kg/5.45 lbs.

Trust but verify...😁

Now I have to weigh all my bling, and kick in a few extra motor mounting bolts and headset + stem spacers and that should be the full build prediction. If i got to 45 lbs w/out sealant and pedals...I'll be a happy camper.😜

I recommend holding off on the other frame weight requests...this took 2 weeks of multiple requests to get. Don't want to burn out Linda running tasks that might create more delays for the engineering team than necessary.
View attachment 108686
Congratulations! Is the frame well made? 2500g is a very good weight for a light bike. What width are the bushings needed for the rear shock absorber 20 or 22mm?

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Congratulations! Is the frame well made? 2500g is a very good weight for a light bike. What width are the bushings needed for the rear shock absorber 20 or 22mm?
The frame's mounting hardware I'm using is 8 x 22.2 for both upper/lower eyelet.

Large- frame weight: I think they didn't include the rear axle and derailleur hanger mounting hardware, so add another couple hundred grams.

That takes the CEF50 large just below a large size Orbea Wild LTD '23 at 2.69 kg/5.9 lbs according to this Pink Bike article last November. 🫣 Not say'n it's Orbea-built carbon fiber quality but it's just a reference point to lightest full-powered, yet very expensive rig.

Makes me wonder if my CEF50 M820-75Nm 720 Wh build could be called a "higher mid-powered, heavier light-weight build"...yipes that doesn't resonate well!😜😁🍻
Screenshot_20230309-072950.png

Last edited:

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Just heard back from Linda. She got word back from Bafang. They can supply the dpc245 and the F100.360 battery.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles