SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

TommyR

Subscriber
Sep 19, 2024
Denton, TX, USA
Has anyone ordered a frame with in-frame routing instead of through the headset?

IMG_0537.jpeg

condoriano

Sep 10, 2024
Greece
Hi guys, thank you very much for all the information that you have posted here. It was the first time in my life that I built a bike in general and with your help I was able almost to finish the building. The frame has side cable channels, FUNN components non-ICR headset. I have an issue that I have read many of you had also. I have no speed indication on the monitor. When I start pedaling, I have for a small duration the bike motor support but after a few seconds I get error 21. There is distance between the speed sensor and the magnet and they do not overlap. I am providing you some photos of the magne and and the speed sensor on the frame. How you did overcome this issue.

1728115317334.png
1728115454814.png

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hi guys, thank you very much for all the information that you have posted here. It was the first time in my life that I built a bike in general and with your help I was able almost to finish the building. The frame has side cable channels, FUNN components non-ICR headset. I have an issue that I have read many of you had also. I have no speed indication on the monitor. When I start pedaling, I have for a small duration the bike motor support but after a few seconds I get error 21. There is distance between the speed sensor and the magnet and they do not overlap. I am providing you some photos of the magne and and the speed sensor on the frame. How you did overcome this issue.

View attachment 147780 View attachment 147784
I tried both mounting positions and finally worked correctly after several tweaks....mine is on the top as well.

condoriano

Sep 10, 2024
Greece
I found a solution I mounted the magnet only to one of the bolts and minimized the distance :oops:
1728126693163.jpeg
Sadly now I have another issue :( . I took a very short ride to test that I fixed the previous issue and after 5 minutes I got error 30 and battery indication from 70% went to 0. Now that I placed it on the stand no issue again 70%. I have to check the connections on the motor but they look fine.
1728126827872.jpeg
1728126841541.jpeg

ssl

Aug 27, 2024
Switzerland
I found a solution I mounted the magnet only to one of the bolts and minimized the distance :oops: View attachment 147787 .
Sadly now I have another issue :( . I took a very short ride to test that I fixed the previous issue and after 5 minutes I got error 30 and battery indication from 70% went to 0. Now that I placed it on the stand no issue again 70%. I have to check the connections on the motor but they look fine.
View attachment 147788 View attachment 147789
Why would speed sensor change cause battery issue? I think probably not related. For the sensor you running size disk rotors? but shouldnt make a difference still. My kit only arrives next week so will go through the install and will see :)

MrFixit

Mar 3, 2023
UK
I found a solution I mounted the magnet only to one of the bolts and minimized the distance :oops: View attachment 147787 .
View attachment 147788 View attachment 147789
Ensure all connections are FULLY inserted into their respective sockets.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia

View attachment 147780 View attachment 147784
Your speed sensor it's waiting to be break once your frame it's fully compress. As for error 21, just pull out all speed sensor connector [inlcude the join or extension too] and push it back in. It's normal for Bafang motor, i install 5 bike and all has this similar problem when new , after several pull n push and problem gone.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
It is normal for Bafang connector has connection problem when its new, i think during manufacturing , its has been cover by some layer of protection so when you first install , it has several error and by push in and out several time, it break the layer. My own bike when new i been having connection problem and now after 6 months plus, the problem gone.

Ger@anio63

Sep 6, 2024
Italy
Just received the frame and I put battery in... Problem is frame inside was not smooth entry have to force it to get it on so it's not coming out without special tools :) otherwise would of send you the measures. Sorry mate.
Hi, how long did the frame take to get to you?

ssl

Aug 27, 2024
Switzerland
asked for Dpd to Italy €230 but I have to wait 45/50 days 😪😪
Quality is good....except battery doesn't fit well :) and shock bushings 22mm only is 22.2mm you need to brush them to reduce the size. Also motor to battery if not working just disconnect and reconnect properly :) so far not bad still 😭

Ger@anio63

Sep 6, 2024
Italy
nell'attesa sto preparando alcuni componenti per il piccolo ho preso Chamaleon il tuo se non sbaglio è nero Bellissimo puoi metterci qualsiasi componente si abbina perfettamente

Ger@anio63

Sep 6, 2024
Italy
nell'attesa sto preparando alcuni componenti per il piccolo ho preso Chamaleon il tuo se non sbaglio è nero Bellissimo puoi metterci qualsiasi componente si abbina perfettamente

while waiting I'm preparing some components for the little one I got Chamaleon yours if I'm not mistaken it's black Beautiful you can put any component in it it matches perfectly

TommyR

Subscriber
Sep 19, 2024
Denton, TX, USA
Well, thanks for all of the helpful information here I decided to pull the trigger on a CEF50. Now comes the waiting (boo!) and the parts accumulation (yea!). I already have stuff rolling in and getting stockpiled. ETA shows late November, if I recall. I assume ~1.5-2 months for delivery to the States is pretty typical? Now I'm just anxiously awaiting that email from Jean where she hopefully sends me a picture of it painted. Patience is NOT my strong suit so your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time would be much appreciated! ;)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Get a Garmin Edge explore, it get the job done
Hi. could you explain what you do to use GARMIN edge with BAFANG ? I have an edge explore 2, i have validated screen "metrique du velo electrique", but nothing displayed ? i need to valid "telephone" before (not done for my use)?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles