SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

MrFixit

Mar 3, 2023
UK
tempImageBDMarN.png
tempImageBcJ54Y.png
tempImageXXr6eB.png
tempImagefBpcQk.png
tempImagey7BgR7.png
Sure on some. Not on all. This Cube E-mtb looks fairly close to the CEF50. It's definitely piggybacked onto the the Cube OEM guard plastic, but a complete shell with internal "trusses" could be added. Honestly, I think just a CF shell would with an extra layer along the underside would work. It really doesn't have to be too fancy.😎

I'm going to wait for their feedback before I speculate further. If they can do it and it's close to my $100 limit for a small initial batch, then I'd be game for sure.💸 Otherwise, I'm fine with my CF mod.

BTW/The Cube overlay bash plate looks fantastic.👑
View attachment 142763
View attachment 142764
View attachment 142765
View attachment 142766
I have followed up on Tom's initiative with Rockguardz and now have a guard for the M820 frame, it looks very good and is a snug fit apart from a gap on one side. I have not tested it yet because I cannot use my bike at the moment due to an issue with the battery. I think they said it would retail for about £60.00 plus shipping. If any one is interested contact Rockguardz directly.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Looks
I have followed up on Tom's initiative with Rockguardz and now have a guard for the M820 frame, it looks very good and is a snug fit apart from a gap on one side. I have not tested it yet because I cannot use my bike at the moment due to an issue with the battery. I think they said it would retail for about £60.00 plus shipping. If any one is interested contact Rockguardz directly.
Looks awesome! We'll done!💪

I like that RG made the extra length over the BB and up the down tube joint (a vulnerable area). All for only £60/$66.79 excluding shipping (it's light so probably $20-30 to most destination) and VAT. Not bad. I was predicting twice the cost.💸

Hopefully, this will help solve the vital protection needed over the motor guard. Thus, prevent motor and frame damage potential.👊

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Hello Guys,
Did anyone cracked his frame ? (I didnt do anything, it broke by fatigue i think) and did you managed to repair it ?
If it is a SZZS original frame, their basic warranty is 3 years protection. Then you should be able to contact Jean or Linda to request a replacement. They will likely want photos and/or video of the break/crack to evaluate your claim.

Or if you want fix it yourself, just purchase a carbon repair patch kit from Amazon and look for CF frame repair YouTube vids. I fixed an old analogue carbon frame a few years ago. I recommend purchasing a hand-held power sander to make the work of sanding much faster. The repair was straight forward and seems to still be holding to this day, but I rarely ride it so...

Either way good luck.👊

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles