Strive:ON problems

el.guillyt

Jul 26, 2023
Spain
I'm glad for you guys, it seems like Canyon costumer service in your countries it's useful and helpful, not like here in Spain, I'm hopeless with them, more than a month to get my bike back, the first time because they forgot to mention to send them the bike with all the alarms, etc... disabled, it took 20 days to figure it out, this 2nd time, I have no idea why is taking this long, they never contacted me at all, only when I got tired of waiting and started calling and sending emails, still the most they could tell me is that they are processing it, whatever that means... at this point I'm leaving for 2 months and I wanted to bring the bike, as I'll be in Italy, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, France and back to Spain and I wanted to take the opportunity to ride on some of this counties, but the bike is taking a very long time to make it from Madrid to Valencia (400km aprox) it was picked up last Thursday in Madrid and today is in Barcelona, they just keep putting myself in to awkward situations, now I don't know how are they going to deliver the bike, I won't be at home and the people who could pick it up for me will be working, and a bike it's not something it could be easy delivered to an office, built up by my parents and brought back home.... And the best thing is: the bike it's just going to as before, waiting for the battery to disconnect, as they still can't solve the issue, at least in my case, this is the first and last time I buy a Canyon bike, I'm absolutely done with them

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
I'm glad for you guys, it seems like Canyon costumer service in your countries it's useful and helpful, not like here in Spain, I'm hopeless with them, more than a month to get my bike back, the first time because they forgot to mention to send them the bike with all the alarms, etc... disabled, it took 20 days to figure it out, this 2nd time, I have no idea why is taking this long, they never contacted me at all, only when I got tired of waiting and started calling and sending emails, still the most they could tell me is that they are processing it, whatever that means... at this point I'm leaving for 2 months and I wanted to bring the bike, as I'll be in Italy, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, France and back to Spain and I wanted to take the opportunity to ride on some of this counties, but the bike is taking a very long time to make it from Madrid to Valencia (400km aprox) it was picked up last Thursday in Madrid and today is in Barcelona, they just keep putting myself in to awkward situations, now I don't know how are they going to deliver the bike, I won't be at home and the people who could pick it up for me will be working, and a bike it's not something it could be easy delivered to an office, built up by my parents and brought back home.... And the best thing is: the bike it's just going to as before, waiting for the battery to disconnect, as they still can't solve the issue, at least in my case, this is the first and last time I buy a Canyon bike, I'm absolutely done with them

I feel for you! 😞
Eso, és Una desgracia, hombre!

1st of all, think: We are in the 21st century, meanin we've got wifi/AI/Pizzas delivered at the top of the mountain, etc!

2nd, work on delivery address and how you can get hold of the bike!

3rd, place the ziptie mod, and carry on until an actual solution is presented.
Meanwhile, if you really need to remove the battey often, it will be PITA!

Saludos, y pressiono los huevos de Canyon hasta haber una respuesta!

Last edited:

vervex

Oct 25, 2023
Italy
if they solved it i believe they will have added material where Hubertsk added the red spacer. here is the side view of what hubertsk showed in previous post : View attachment 126567

FYI, I think that the transparent plastic disk that comes attached to the rear wheel is quite exactly half the thickness you need to do this. I just cut 2 pieces and electric taped them together; it fits nicely.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
FYI, I think that the transparent plastic disk that comes attached to the rear wheel is quite exactly half the thickness you need to do this. I just cut 2 pieces and electric taped them together; it fits nicely.
Oops, binned that long ago!

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
iv started the returns procedure, Lost faith after they lied about fixing the latch, now this motor drag at low speeds, They can have it back...

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
my bike is being collected monday, just finished boxing it all back up, even with a full refund im down about £700 iv spent on cranks, grips pedals tyres, cushcore and invisiframe. iv removed most to keep but...

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
my bike is being collected monday, just finished boxing it all back up, even with a full refund im down about £700 iv spent on cranks, grips pedals tyres, cushcore and invisiframe. iv removed most to keep but...
If I was in the 30days period, and with problems with the latch, most probably would have returned it also!

Thing is.... besides the shitty latch, the EB is a blast with great geometry.

With the new (old design) latch and zip mod, let's see how it handles!

James22

May 15, 2023
England
What is the mod doing? Just securing a spacer under the latch, essentially?
Sorry for the delayed response. I fitted a new latch and put the metal strap on to take most of the weight, the only spacer is a bit of inner tube to take up a bit of slack. There are some zip ties in the photo which were the first attempt, they've been removed. Easy fix, try it.

el.guillyt

Jul 26, 2023
Spain
I feel for you! 😞
Eso, és Una desgracia, hombre!

1st of all, think: We are in the 21st century, meanin we've got wifi/AI/Pizzas delivered at the top of the mountain, etc!

2nd, work on delivery address and how you can get hold of the bike!

3rd, place the ziptie mod, and carry on until an actual solution is presented.
Meanwhile, if you really need to remove the battey often, it will be PITA!

Saludos, y pressiono los huevos de Canyon hasta haber una respuesta!
Sorry for the late reply, thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I'm not very happy so far, I had to go to pick up the bike myself from DHL's warehouse, in extremis, on my way to catch a ferry to Italy, it only took more than a week for a 400km trip aprox, but the bike was all over the country, it went to Barcelona first, almost 1000km insteadof 400km, the box was upside-down, which led to the rear brake needing a bleed, and a cable around the motor has some damage, picture attaced, thankfully the rest of the bike is OK, they've replaced the latch and the battery connector, and everything seems solid, but I've done some mods, I've used a silicon gear strap around battery and battery latch, which pretty tough, and I've used a metal plate to put under the latch, I've used the plates they come with IKEA furniture to fix the furniture to the walls, I pretty sure all of us have some laying around hehe hehehehe, I just sent a nasty service ticket again to complain one more time and to explain what happened

IMG-20231029-WA0011.jpg IMG-20231029-WA0010.jpg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Sorry for the delayed response. I fitted a new latch and put the metal strap on to take most of the weight, the only spacer is a bit of inner tube to take up a bit of slack. There are some zip ties in the photo which were the first attempt, they've been removed. Easy fix, try it.
Metal strap. Do you have a pic?

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
good news,
i have been promised a new latch (not 100% sure it will be a new one, but assume it will be)
delivery date is February 2024:
View attachment 127535
i would advice to add a plastic part under the latch as discribed by serveral people in this tread, or buy this part in facebook link above:

until Bosch/canyon has a good solution
good news, i just received the shipping confirmation of the new latch :

1699028891980.png

I'll keep you posted what changed on it.

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Has anyone tried the fix from the guy in the Facebook group?
Hi, today I made my first ride with the strive on cfr, I installed Tobias' modification immediately, before using it, I didn't encounter any problems, neither with installation nor with the functioning of the motor/battery.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
are there any big and/or prevalent problems with Strive:eek:n ? anything that should stop you from buying it? or just usual problems with a new design, minor or not very common ?

Last edited:

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
are there any big and/or prevailent problems with Strive:eek:n ? anything that should stop you from buying it? or just usual problems with a new design, minor or not very common ?
For me the bike is perfect apart from ONE issue...the battery latch/batter disconnect issue. I personally haven't had this problem but lots have. Canyon and Bosch are apparently developing/testing a solution.

Apart from that I have not a single issue with the Strive:ON

el.guillyt

Jul 26, 2023
Spain
are there any big and/or prevalent problems with Strive:eek:n ? anything that should stop you from buying it? or just usual problems with a new design, minor or not very common ?
If you want to take a gamble, go for it, but if you have battery latch issues, it's a nightmare, at least in my experience, the bike has more time off than actual riding, for me this is my first and last canyon bike, costumer service experience for me has been awful, sent a ticket last week and still waiting for a reply....

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Do you repair it with local Bosch service centre? or do you have to send your bike back? in this particular - latch, problem ?

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Do you repair it with local Bosch service centre? or do you have to send your bike back? in this particular - latch, problem ?
It's an easy fix. You just slide the battery out, undo the latch and bolt the new one on. (Assuming you mean the current fix.)

If you mean the new fix - nobody knows yet because Canyon haven't released any information about it. It could just be a new latch, or they might revise the part that the battery latches onto. Either way, it should be an easy fix, as both parts just bolt on.

el.guillyt

Jul 26, 2023
Spain
I had to send it 2 times, the first was relatively early after the bike was released, it came back with the latch already broken and because they did not check the bike properly, it caused damage to the connector and had to send it back again and came back with a damaged cable on the back of the motor, with a total time of approximately 10 weeks out in service, and still haven't received a response from them, total incompetence, if you read the thread, I've posted my "adventure" here...

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
10 weeks is not acceptable by any means, because is just a matter of replacing parts for new ones.

You can place the bike at any Bosch shop.
Nevertheless... I would place the zipmod, as soon as got the opportunity

dcrider

Sep 19, 2023
Europe
So I wouldn't open a new thread, let me ask here. I have a chance to buy Strive:ON for ok price, in a ok condition. Is it fine as a first ebike, or should I aim for some other model/manufacturer?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles