2024 Strive:ON

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
H

I don't plan on removing the battery that often and if I do its only 2 screws, I seldom remove the battery from my Trek rail even though its very easy to do so, If it becomes an issue I can always revert back to the original setup.
Yes I had to use the original screws between the frame and the new bracket as I did not have any countersunk M5, however they are on my shopping list.
I will have a look at the carbon to aluminium dissimilar material issue, I have some thin insulating material I can use if required.
I was also thinking of making a stainless steel one in the future.
The thing with aluminium and Carbon, is issues of galvanic corrosion due to potencial differencial between materials

I've just mention it, because it seems your part seems widther than original.
The isolation can be a thin sheet of plastic for example, since it's only to avoid contact.
What material you may choose, it shouldn't absorve humidity!

I belive your setup also helped with reducing rattle on gnar terrain, no?

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
Ok folks given the choice what would you run out back on the strive on?
Conti Kryptotal Rear in
- Downhill Soft 2.4” or
- Enduro Soft 2.6”
Note don’t tell me about other tyres. I’m loving these new Contis on my enduro and will deffo be putting them on my strive on. Just not sure DH 2.4 or Enduro (Kinda like DD) 2.6

Tieff

Jan 20, 2024
Switzerland
Ok folks given the choice what would you run out back on the strive on?
Conti Kryptotal Rear in
- Downhill Soft 2.4” or
- Enduro Soft 2.6”
Note don’t tell me about other tyres. I’m loving these new Contis on my enduro and will deffo be putting them on my strive on. Just not sure DH 2.4 or Enduro (Kinda like DD) 2.6
Hi Jxrx,
As you mentioned, there's no need to dive into the new Schwalbe radials (;)). It’s pretty straightforward: if you're aiming for more comfort and cushioning, go with the 2.6''. On the other hand, if you'd prefer a bit more acceleration, less comfort, and greater stability, the 2.4'' downhill option is the way to go. Simple as that!

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
Hi Jxrx,
As you mentioned, there's no need to dive into the new Schwalbe radials (;)). It’s pretty straightforward: if you're aiming for more comfort and cushioning, go with the 2.6''. On the other hand, if you'd prefer a bit more acceleration, less comfort, and greater stability, the 2.4'' downhill option is the way to go. Simple as that!
Yeah so radial could be interesting but I only had problems, granted many years ago, with Schwalbe and so moved on from them. Schwalbe Radials are new and top $$ still, at the moment I can get Kryptotal Enduro Soft (29" F+R) for a cracking good price (30chf) and I love the feel of that tyre and bought a few spares. Just looking at what 27.5" rear for the eBike and wasn't sure what to go for size wise. Interesting that the 2.4" will accelerate better than the 2.6" - logical but I hadn't considered that aspect which has helped me to decide... so think I'll stick with the 2.4" as no complaints with the size of the current DHR2 outback. Cheers

edit: I could go Enduro Soft 2.4" too I guess but for the small weight penalty on such an eBike think the Downhill is way to go as far as I can tell anyway

Last edited:

Tieff

Jan 20, 2024
Switzerland
Yeah so radial could be interesting but I only had problems, granted many years ago, with Schwalbe and so moved on from them. Schwalbe Radials are new and top $$ still, at the moment I can get Kryptotal Enduro Soft (29" F+R) for a cracking good price (30chf) and I love the feel of that tyre and bought a few spares. Just looking at what 27.5" rear for the eBike and wasn't sure what to go for size wise. Interesting that the 2.4" will accelerate better than the 2.6" - logical but I hadn't considered that aspect which has helped me to decide... so think I'll stick with the 2.4" as no complaints with the size of the current DHR2 outback. Cheers

edit: I could go Enduro Soft 2.4" too I guess but for the small weight penalty on such an eBike think the Downhill is way to go as far as I can tell anyway
Depends on whether you're riding wimpy trails or something proper. But as you say, downhill rear is the first choice if you want to ride and not patch. The weight penalty is not noticable on an e-bike.
But tell me, where the hell do you get these Contis for 30 CHF in Switzerland...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles