Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Latest round of mods just completed.

16.45kg in XL with pedals and no- compromise components.

Impressive! What have you got on there then?
I’m just over 17kg when I have mine all in one piece... however I have my dropper at Rockshox for warranty repair, my pedals at HT for warranty repair, and my AXS controller at Rockshox for warranty repair too.

Bike is unusable, as despite me fitting a temp non-dropping post, and other pedals... I can’t change gear!

j1e

Jan 24, 2021
Michigan, USA
Built up some 36h eMullet wheels using DT Swiss's beefed up e-bike components.

Stiffer wheels and fork (Pike) made a big difference in rough corners and I love how it handles as a mullet.

eMullet.jpg

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Hi!

It's at 160mm (via Push ACS3 kit).
Thanks, I've been knocking around doing the same, thought at one point I'd just switch to 27.5 on both ends but am kinda diggin the 29's

I'm going to try to barrow a pair a 27.5 from my LBS, as they have a sizeable rental fleet.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Built up some 36h eMullet wheels using DT Swiss's beefed up e-bike components.

Stiffer wheels and fork (Pike) made a big difference in rough corners and I love how it handles as a mullet.

View attachment 56925

I have setup my SL as a mullet as well but am not able to quantify exactly what that change has done to the bike other than the occasional BB hit. I see that many of the new bikes are coming out in mullet configurations but does that require a shorter chain stay to make a difference? I am also not understanding how a 27.5 front wheel would be of any benefit?

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I have setup my SL as a mullet as well but am not able to quantify exactly what that change has done to the bike other than the occasional BB hit. I see that many of the new bikes are coming out in mullet configurations but does that require a shorter chain stay to make a difference? I am also not understanding how a 27.5 front wheel would be of any benefit?

Quicker steering, less weight. Also allows tire rotation. ;)

crazymelki

Feb 25, 2020
Switzerland
In the last few weeks it was still cold in Switzerland and I was looking for a little lockdown EMTB project. So I bought a couple of older Roval Traverse SL 142+ carbon wheels from 2014 to use as XC wheels on my Levo SL Expert. In order for these to meet my requirements, I carried out the following work.

- Roval Boost Upgrade Kit conversion
- New SRAM brake discs front 200mm / rear 180mm
- New Maxxis Shorty tires 29x2.3
- New bearings for the front and rear wheels
- 54t ratchet upgrade
- New aluminum ring nut
- XD Freehub
- SRAM Eagle XX1 10-52 cassette
- New DT Swiss AeroLite knife spokes at the rear and newly centered on Boost.
- New tubeless rim tape front / rear plus tubeless valves
- New CAMO decals (unfortunately the old ones cannot be removed, but you can hardly see them)
- Small items (seals, screws, spacers etc.)

Somehow the bike feels even more nimble and weighs 16.85 KG in the photo.

IMG_0433.jpg

Allan

Mar 29, 2020
Kelowna BC
i have Levo SL. On my way down after a ride the motor stopped working. a fault error showed up in Mission control that said “Ensure that the speed sensor and the speed sensor magnet are clear of obstructions.Restarting the bike will clear the error. “After restarting the motor runs for seven or eight revolutions of the pedals and then the motor shuts off. There was no obvious problem. Bike is at the bike shop but will be there for 10 days because they are so busy. I’m hoping someone has an idea a white may be wrong and if I can fix it I’ll pick it up from the shop. Thanks everyone

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
i have Levo SL. On my way down after a ride the motor stopped working. a fault error showed up in Mission control that said “Ensure that the speed sensor and the speed sensor magnet are clear of obstructions.Restarting the bike will clear the error. “After restarting the motor runs for seven or eight revolutions of the pedals and then the motor shuts off. There was no obvious problem. Bike is at the bike shop but will be there for 10 days because they are so busy. I’m hoping someone has an idea a white may be wrong and if I can fix it I’ll pick it up from the shop. Thanks everyone
Hate to be that guy... but did you check the speed sensor and magnet? That sounds like the magnet was mid aligned, missing , or blocked. Or your sensor came undone

onkelshort

Aug 26, 2020
Germany
IMG_20210122_140646__01.jpg

Finally got the X2 running perfectly. Took me long time to adjust characteristic with main issue adjusting volume spacer (3 of possible 4 max).
Have anyone had same issues with volume spacer? I am neither that heavy nor do I ride that aggressively.. was really surprised that it took so many spacers to get a smooth riding.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
View attachment 57792
Finally got the X2 running perfectly. Took me long time to adjust characteristic with main issue adjusting volume spacer (3 of possible 4 max).
Have anyone had same issues with volume spacer? I am neither that heavy nor do I ride that aggressively.. was really surprised that it took so many spacers to get a smooth riding.

What was the main issue you were dealing with? If your Sag is set within an acceptable range corresponding to your body weight, the only thing volume spacers would be affecting would be your ramp up on big hits. How much LSC are you running? FYI, I run 3 volume spacers on a Fox 38 and I weigh 180 lbs. The trails here can be pretty aggressive tho.

onkelshort

Aug 26, 2020
Germany
What was the main issue you were dealing with? If your Sag is set within an acceptable range corresponding to your body weight, the only thing volume spacers would be affecting would be your ramp up on big hits. How much LSC are you running? FYI, I run 3 volume spacers on a Fox 38 and I weigh 180 lbs. The trails here can be pretty aggressive tho.
I set everything up acc. to fox specs with sag and damping setting but it was so bumpy and unstable just riding uphill and worse of course on the trails.

The additional 2 volume spacer made the whole damping feel stiffer. Not just bottom out resistance.
Maybe just my own feeling of this.

But now I can ride without climb switch uphill, no bottoming out and still active riding. I added 2 clicks for hsr and 1 click hsc. Rest is stock setting as well as sag.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Hi, did you rode with the extender and the Dvo Topaz?
I have a size M levo SL and want to install a Dvo topaz 210x55, but I'm not sure if there will be enough space for the range extender...

This is after drilling out the cage mounting holes a bit to lower it a little, I'm going to make a bracket to get it a bit lower yet if I can, but it seems like there is sufficient room, it is tight though.

I'm also on a size medium, shock is 210 x 55 and its awesome...

IMG_0906.jpg

freerideandi

Mar 21, 2019
Germany
I set everything up acc. to fox specs with sag and damping setting but it was so bumpy and unstable just riding uphill and worse of course on the trails.

The additional 2 volume spacer made the whole damping feel stiffer. Not just bottom out resistance.

But now I can ride without climb switch uphill, no bottoming out and still active riding. I added 2 clicks for hsr and 1 click hsc. Rest is stock setting as well as sag.
What do you weight?
you addeed 2 clicks from cloased to open?

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver

Well, if you are satisfied with the way your suspension is performing then thats great! I am still not understanding how adding volume spacers makes your shock "feel stiffer", especially when you are climbing (unless you are hitting all kinds of sharp edged rocks and at a pretty fast speed - high shaft velocity). Also, why would you not want to use the climb switch? If you were bottoming out before you added the spacers, it sounds like you needed more air pressure, LSC, LSR not volume spacers. I have learned a lot about suspension setup from the videos below. Good luck!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
If your sag is correct and you still bottom out, you need to increase air pressure and your sag is then incorrect. Volume spacers help with out need to increase air pressure and.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles