Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Signal_jp

May 26, 2021
San Jose, California
Just finished my Custom build KSL2 SWORKS

Ohlins RFX 38m.2 Limited Edition
Ohlins TTXm.2 coil
SRAM XX transmission
SRAM AXS dropper
Industry Nine EN315 carbon wheels
Magura MT7 With Oak levers
Pirelli Race M DH tires

IMG_2863.jpeg IMG_2865.jpeg IMG_2867.jpeg IMG_2869.jpeg View attachment IMG_2871.jpeg View attachment IMG_2870.jpeg

panther-ra

Apr 21, 2024
Oslo
since new TCU on KSL 2022 uses encrypted Bluetooth channel - is it not possible to connect KSL as power meter to smart watches? (Suunto)

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
When I first swapped, the noise between the 1.1 and 1.2 motors was huge. I ride with airpods in all of the time, but usually in the transparency mode so I can hear what's going on too.
I'm not sure if my 1.2 motor is getting louder, or whether my tolerance is becoming less. I think I might take it to the shop sometime soon for a FW upgrade (still on release FW) and ask them if it's louder.

I'm often in the same boat... climbing a hill slowly behind an analogue biker, and turn the motor off to go past them. I almost feel like people expect you to go whizzing past on an eMTB... and to crawl past them with that noise is embarrassing! They also don't realise I'm only using 15-20% ontop of my legs.
Once I'm passed and out of earshot, I switch the motor back on!

I totally use to do this when i had my levo sl 1 :ROFLMAO:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I totally use to do this when i had my levo sl 1 :ROFLMAO:
I’m still doing it with my 1.2! Unless the people I pass are deaf (or have loud music on), they’re going to hear my bike!

I almost feel like I’d be better passing them at 100% and at least pass them quickly 🤷🏼‍♂️

n4rti

Aug 4, 2024
Germany
Hallo, ich habe Probleme mit meinem Kenevo SL. Wenn ich einfedere dann habe ich ein klack(Geräusch), wie so ein Rastpunkt. Trete ich dann leicht in die Pedale macht es wieder klack. So als wenn ich Spannung drauf bringe und wieder entlaste. Erst hatte ich den Dämpfer in verdacht weil ich auf Coil umgebaut habe. Habe jetzt aber wieder den FLoat X eingebaut und das gleiche Problem.
Mittlerweile bin ich der Meinung das es vom Tretlager kommt. Axiales Spiel habe ich nicht aber leicht Radiales.

Hello, I have problems with my Kenevo SL. When I compress I get a clack (noise), like a resting point. If I pedal lightly it clicks again. As if I were putting tension on it and releasing it again. At first I suspected the damper because I converted it to a coil. I have now installed the FLoat X again and have the same problem.
I'm now of the opinion that it's coming from the bottom bracket. I don't have any axial play, but I do have a little bit of radial play.

n4rti

Aug 4, 2024
Germany
Welche Schraube meinst du genau?
Die Achse ist fest. Kein Spiel in der Nabe. Oder meinst du die Tretlagerachse?

Which screw do you mean exactly?
The axis is fixed. No play in the hub. Or do you mean the bottom bracket axle?

Last edited:

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I had to replace my TCU remote and now this error comes up. It was a simple plug in a keyed cord back to the TCU. I didnt think much could go wrong. I did it with the power off. Does anyone know of any particular instructions or figured out how to deal with performing an update without taking the bike into the LBS? Thanks!
error 01.jpg

error 02.jpg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I had to replace my TCU remote and now this error comes up. It was a simple plug in a keyed cord back to the TCU. I didnt think much could go wrong. I did it with the power off. Does anyone know of any particular instructions or figured out how to deal with performing an update without taking the bike into the LBS? Thanks!
View attachment 144862
View attachment 144863

Swapping the bar remote did that?!

Apr 11, 2023
US
that is very weird, I just replaced mine lastnight and no issues. This is second one I had to swap out... have you tried to reset TCU, hold + & - for 20 seconds...

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
that is very weird, I just replaced mine lastnight and no issues. This is second one I had to swap out... have you tried to reset TCU, hold + & - for 20 seconds...
Thanks. I am not sure what that did but it didn't remove the error.
FYI:
I took the bike into my LBS and they say it will cost $60 for them to connect it to their diagnostic program to clear the error code which may or may not result in a loss of power. For $60 and 2 minutes work, I didnt bother. I can live with the "loss" of power as I mostly ride in ECO.

Last edited:

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
Hi all, what seat posts are you running. I’ve managed to use a 210 one up shimmed down to 190mm. Insertion depth isn’t that great.

n4rti

Aug 4, 2024
Germany
Hallo, ich brauche eine neue Steckachse. eigentlich brauche ich die (S220200002)(174,5mm) AXLE, 12X148MM, BOLT-ON, 6MM HEX HEAD, M12X1.0PX174.5MM, BLACK
Leider ist die nicht Lieferbar in Deutschland.
Passt die (S170200003) (172mm) AXL REAR, MTN BOOST, 12X148MM, 6MM HEX, M12X1.0PX172MM, BLACK
Die ist nur 2.5mm kürzer.

Hello, I need a new thru axle. I actually need the (S220200002)(174.5mm) AXLE, 12X148MM, BOLT-ON, 6MM HEX HEAD, M12X1.0PX174.5MM, BLACK
Unfortunately it is not available in Germany.
Fits the (S170200003) (172mm) AXL REAR, MTN BOOST, 12X148MM, 6MM HEX, M12X1.0PX172MM, BLACK
It's only 2.5mm shorter.

Evilkenevil

Aug 5, 2024
Uk
I took my KSL out for the first ride today and loved it. The only thing is I don’t seem to have got the same range as a lot of people on here. I did 12 miles, mostly in trail, about 2700ft of climbing and only had 10% battery left. I weigh about 85kg. Does that sound right?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles