Dengfu E82 - M560 750w Build (Was: LightCarbon LCE971)

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Used a dremel to up my hack job with the angle grinder and found some enamel epoxy appliance paint that blended in with the anodizing fairly well. With this section being something you never really see at all I’m fine with how it came out.

IMG_0287.jpeg

img_0288-jpeg.148476
View attachment IMG_0288.jpeg

Last edited:

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
cant have both
non removable battery frame weigjt around 3kg

or removable battery with metal locks case design cutout and reinforcements at 4kg

its called physics 🤯
Of course you're right, this is physics. But if you throw away all these metal fasteners, then the frame should weigh 3100-3200g. Why do we need them if we can make a carbon battery lighter than the factory 700g. When I was making a cutout in the CEF50 frame weighing 2650, I was advised by an engineer and advised where to install carbon fiber and how much it should be. The weight of my frame turned out to be 3100g.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Of course you're right, this is physics. But if you throw away all these metal fasteners, then the frame should weigh 3100-3200g. Why do we need them if we can make a carbon battery lighter than the factory 700g. When I was making a cutout in the CEF50 frame weighing 2650, I was advised by an engineer and advised where to install carbon fiber and how much it should be. The weight of my frame turned out to be 3100g.
What metal hardware are you referring to, the ones for the linkage and pivot points? What would you suggest replacing them with if not metal?

I’d be fine with more bikes adopting the removable but more permanent batteries like the LCE930, many of the Orbea bikes, or new Amflow use for example. The lock, receptacle, and related hardware/wiring definitely adds a good bit of weight that I don’t have any need for. Those batteries are also generally skinnier leading to a better looking bike IMO.

kaaskopf

Oct 11, 2024
Berlin
l
Used a dremel to up my hack job with the angle grinder and found some enamel epoxy appliance paint that blended in with the anodizing fairly well. With this section being something you never really see at all I’m fine with how it came out.

View attachment 148475

View attachment 148476

i build an e10 last month with a non removable cusfom 720wh battery

the battery was like 3100gr compared to official 4100gr
and i didnt use any battery locks /wiring which i weigh at 520gr

so yeah i think non removable battery could be better. for sure less frameweight is needed on top of less weight for baterry and no locks
What metal hardware are you referring to, the ones for the linkage and pivot points? What would you suggest replacing them with if not metal?

I’d be fine with more bikes adopting the removable but more permanent batteries like the LCE930, many of the Orbea bikes, or new Amflow use for example. The lock, receptacle, and related hardware/wiring definitely adds a good bit of weight that I don’t have any need for. Those batteries are also generally skinnier leading to a better looking bike IMO.

i talk about the front and back metal holders including lock for battery.
these items are heavy and come with excess wiring that i also didnt need.
these locks weigh almost 520gram

also i used a diy battery in 3d printed case so no heavy metal case was used.

you could do that to the E82 as well to save some weight. make it into non (easy) removable battery

original e10 battery was 4kg, this diy is only 3200gr and 720wh.

IMG_2114.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
l

i build an e10 last month with a non removable cusfom 720wh battery

the battery was like 3100gr compared to official 4100gr
and i didnt use any battery locks /wiring which i weigh at 520gr

so yeah i think non removable battery could be better. for sure less frameweight is needed on top of less weight for baterry and no locks

i talk about the front and back metal holders including lock for battery.
these items are heavy and come with excess wiring that i also didnt need.
these locks weigh almost 520gram

also i used a diy battery in 3d printed case so no heavy metal case was used.

you could do that to the E82 as well to save some weight. make it into non (easy) removable battery

original e10 battery was 4kg, this diy is only 3200gr and 720wh.

View attachment 148545
I’d kill just for the stock E10 battery weight 😂 The E82’s massive 1008wh pack is somewhere over 4.5kg alone. I’ll have to weigh it again.

Speaking of weight, they put these nice clips to secure wires in there, but they definitely could have chosen something lighter to make them out of.

View attachment IMG_0296.jpeg

Last edited:

kaaskopf

Oct 11, 2024
Berlin
I thought the E10 had a smaller 840Wh battery.
- the clips were same
yes e10 comes with 840wh stock battery but you always can make a smaller battery or some kind of adapter to fit a smaller battery

i bet if you handy with 3d printer you could make a spacer to use the smaller e10 battery in e82 if thats what you want

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
- the clips were same
yes e10 comes with 840wh stock battery but you always can make a smaller battery or some kind of adapter to fit a smaller battery

i bet if you handy with 3d printer you could make a spacer to use the smaller e10 battery in e82 if thats what you want
I did buy an extra battery case that I now have, I was hoping to slide the pack from the LCE971 into it to have a much lighter 728Wh battery. It’s going to be very tight, I only tried messing with it for a minute so far, the cells definitely aren’t in the right configuration for the E82 case, but I was able slide it about 1/3 of the way in without much difficulty. I may need to redo the shrink wrap and/or do some slight grinding inside the case and I think I’ll be able to fit it in there.

Dengfu is supposedly thinking about a way to offer the E10 sized battery in the E82, but that’s been talked about for a while. I really don’t know what they were thinking making a massive battery be the only option for the frame, nobody else in the industry on a bike in this class is only offering a battery that damn big, and I highly doubt everyone with an E10 was complaining about short battery life with the 840Wh pack because that’s already on the larger side to begin with.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Finally something actually worked out with this build, I was able to squeeze the pack from my LCE971 battery into the extra E82 battery case I purchased and get it all hooked up. The BMS on the old pack was never setup for CAN communication so I’ll go without, but I don’t see any big issues with that anyway.

A comparison of weight between the 728Wh pack and the stock 1008 (728Wh: 3.66kg 1008Wh: 4.82kg)

Just need to get my connections sealed up with some silicone and put some glue in there to prevent and shifting and it should be ready for business.

IMG_0321.jpeg

IMG_0320.jpeg

IMG_0317.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
thats sweet 👍👍

building your own comes with ups and downs...
this is going to be a sweet build , hang in there👍
Thanks, that was my hope all along; I like tinkering and figured there would be no better way to learn my way around a "real bike" than building it from scratch. This will actually be my first full suspension bike ever which is kind of funny I guess. I've been putting some miles on the Vitus you see in the background with a BBSHD on it since the spring which gave me the itch to build a good bike, the only problem is I expected to be riding this thing in July...

Anyway, the front of the bike is mostly together now, brakes all mounted and line cut to length. I think I have my cockpit the way I want it, everything seems reachable and the display should be in a decent spot. I wanted the display near the stem, but with my phone mount and the display not being invert-able (And it having a very short cable) I wasn't left with many options.

I also found a supplier for the SD071 rotor brake sensor on Alibaba (Changzhou Fieldebikes who I've used a few times). Dengfu pretty quickly told me "no, we don't sell that alone" implying if I had bought the full frame + motor kit maybe I would have gotten it. I can honestly say I would never recommend doing business with Dengfu at this point and hope to never need to contact them again.

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.43.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.42.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 1.43.15 PM.png

LAnton

May 12, 2022
Russia
Finally something actually worked out with this build, I was able to squeeze the pack from my LCE971 battery into the extra E82 battery case I purchased and get it all hooked up. The BMS on the old pack was never setup for CAN communication so I’ll go without, but I don’t see any big issues with that anyway.

A comparison of weight between the 728Wh pack and the stock 1008 (728Wh: 3.66kg 1008Wh: 4.82kg)

Just need to get my connections sealed up with some silicone and put some glue in there to prevent and shifting and it should be ready for business.

View attachment 148624

View attachment 148625

Thanks, that was my hope all along; I like tinkering and figured there would be no better way to learn my way around a "real bike" than building it from scratch. This will actually be my first full suspension bike ever which is kind of funny I guess. I've been putting some miles on the Vitus you see in the background with a BBSHD on it since the spring which gave me the itch to build a good bike, the only problem is I expected to be riding this thing in July...

Anyway, the front of the bike is mostly together now, brakes all mounted and line cut to length. I think I have my cockpit the way I want it, everything seems reachable and the display should be in a decent spot. I wanted the display near the stem, but with my phone mount and the display not being invert-able (And it having a very short cable) I wasn't left with many options.

I also found a supplier for the SD071 rotor brake sensor on Alibaba (Changzhou Fieldebikes who I've used a few times). Dengfu pretty quickly told me "no, we don't sell that alone" implying if I had bought the full frame + motor kit maybe I would have gotten it. I can honestly say I would never recommend doing business with Dengfu at this point and hope to never need to contact them again.

View attachment 148708
View attachment 148709
View attachment 148710
I've been angry at Dengfu many times. But they have a good frame for the M510, M560. And I continue to communicate with them. I hope that someday they will learn how to make light frames. Although if you throw all the extra parts out of the frame and even replace the heavy battery cover with something light. Then the weight of the frame will be 3.3 kg. This is already a good result. Do you like the quality of glossy paint?

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I've been angry at Dengfu many times. But they have a good frame for the M510, M560. And I continue to communicate with them. I hope that someday they will learn how to make light frames. Although if you throw all the extra parts out of the frame and even replace the heavy battery cover with something light. Then the weight of the frame will be 3.3 kg. This is already a good result. Do you like the quality of glossy paint?
Yeah the appearance of the finish definitely looks great, no imperfections that I could spot. Can’t speak to durability yet but the paint job itself appears to have been well done.

I actually wanted matte originally in a different color but the person from Dengfu on Alibaba was so adamant that was a bad idea I eventually just went with her opinion and chose gloss finish in a color I thought I’d like gloss in.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Bored with not much to do until I get my new rear triangle piece (Can’t mount my derailleur, wheel, caliper, and therefore motor because it’ll be in the way) so I decided to do some stickers… Applied part of my Dyedbro frame protection to break up the plain paint a bit.

Not sure where to put the last pieces, probably somewhere on the rear triangle. I considered the side of the downtube too, they’d fit almost perfectly, just not sure how it would look.

img_0336-jpeg.148745

img_0337-jpeg.148746

img_0338-jpeg.148747

View attachment IMG_0336.jpeg View attachment IMG_0337.jpeg View attachment IMG_0338.jpeg

Last edited:

kaaskopf

Oct 11, 2024
Berlin
i Always avoided dealing with dengfu direct as their communication put me
off in the beginning,

i only deal with fieldebikes (Chili shen)

i had some frames painted by the factory and durability always sucked
paints chips very easy as soon as a stone or screwdriver hits it....

if you want something durable look at cerakote finish. i have had my e10 frame done and it still looks fresh. its a very thin coating that stays flexible so it does not chip or come off

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Beautiful stickers. Where did you buy them? What is the name of this gray color? To make dengfu understand me
Dyedbro has a website where you can buy them direct but it was a little pricey for me, I happened to find some bike shop selling them on Amazon for cheap, probably trying to get rid of old stock or something. I got it for only $30 shipped.

The color is Pantone 8C, they may call it PT 8C depending who you talk to.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
i Always avoided dealing with dengfu direct as their communication put me
off in the beginning,

i only deal with fieldebikes (Chili shen)

i had some frames painted by the factory and durability always sucked
paints chips very easy as soon as a stone or screwdriver hits it....

if you want something durable look at cerakote finish. i have had my e10 frame done and it still looks fresh. its a very thin coating that stays flexible so it does not chip or come off
I’ve had good luck with fieldebikes as well, I always see people mention Chili’s name, I got someone named Tars Wong and he’s been good to deal with as well.

That’s unfortunate about the paint, I was afraid of that because I did have one spot where my yoke scratched up against the paint and it left a mark. I was hoping it was an anomaly but if it’s all that soft then yeah, it might not hold up that well. Must not use enough coats of clear coat or just cheap quality clear coat.

Dengfu told me last night my new rear triangle piece has been painted and just needs to be “inspected” and will then be on the way. Hoping I’ll have it within a week then, the frame came super fast, I think 4 or 5 days all the way from China via UPS.

Last edited:

Odjas

Jun 10, 2022
Ukraine
Yeah the appearance of the finish definitely looks great, no imperfections that I could spot. Can’t speak to durability yet but the paint job itself appears to have been well done.

I actually wanted matte originally in a different color but the person from Dengfu on Alibaba was so adamant that was a bad idea I eventually just went with her opinion and chose gloss finish in a color I thought I’d like gloss in.
In the photo from the official website, the e82 frame has a display on the top tube. Your frame does not have a display on the top tube. Did you order it that way on purpose or does Dengfu not make displays on the top tube like the one in the photo? Thank you.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
In the photo from the official website, the e82 frame has a display on the top tube. Your frame does not have a display on the top tube. Did you order it that way on purpose or does Dengfu not make displays on the top tube like the one in the photo? Thank you.
I had never noticed that, it appears they only show it on the "SUV" version on their website. The mtb config doesn't have one. I would have preferred a top tube integrated display but honestly had never even seen it anywhere until you mentioned it just now. I wonder if there were strength concerns on with it for mtb use or something. All the custom E82 builds I've ever seen have not had a display in there.

Odjas

Jun 10, 2022
Ukraine
I had never noticed that, it appears they only show it on the "SUV" version on their website. The mtb config doesn't have one. I would have preferred a top tube integrated display but honestly had never even seen it anywhere until you mentioned it just now. I wonder if there were strength concerns on with it for mtb use or something. All the custom E82 builds I've ever seen have not had a display in there.

Ah, so that's it. I thought they put displays on the top tube on all frames.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles