Bafang M560

dvng

May 21, 2021
Malaysia
I would, yeah, they seemed to sound pretty terrible from a lot of the videos I saw.
i have been using the first gen for almost 15months and its not a deal breaker. Its still a capable motor and plenty of torque. I use it for offroad singletrack riding and it’s wonderful. The video with the noise from the motor has the mic placement near the motor is not realistic. The noise gets softer with age.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Thats right, action cam is close to a motor. It is not that bad with ears and new motor does not take peoples attention on the street.

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
I would, yeah, they seemed to sound pretty terrible from a lot of the videos I saw.
Here's the bottom of the motor in question

image0000001.jpeg

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Here's the bottom of the motor in question

View attachment 146934
Interestingly, my 750 updated version doesn't have any such etching on the case itself, maybe that's one way you can tell old vs new. I only have the sticker. When I opened mine up there appeared to be a manufacture date stamped into one of the gears as well, but I'm not sure of a definitive way to tell from the outside. The fact that you have etching with that info where mine has none tells me that might be one of the identifying pieces. Would be good to see a known updated 500w version to confirm.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
With laser engraved label it will be old M560. Now they putting only sticker.
Also 750W version is reading as 500W hardware.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles