2024 Strive:ON

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Just a word of caution.

Verify all pivot bolts once in a while!
I'd would advice doing every 5 to 6 rides.
Caught the main pivot, pivots at rear axle and shock mount bolts out of spec.
Still thight, but not to proper torque.

Coming from a Santacruz, this is a 1st for me...

Marco0809

Jul 1, 2024
Germany
I have now also ordered the Bosch Power Latch from Cascade Link and hope that this part will finally calm my bike down on the downhill.
Bike Canyon Strive ON CFR LTD.
Where or how exactly is the battery causing the noise?
Does anyone here know more and can explain it?
Thanks Marco

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Just a word of caution.

450 miles on mine and just just checked them , all good and still torqued to original spec , no tightening need from me

Marco0809

Jul 1, 2024
Germany
I have installed the Cascade Bosch Latch, the battery is well clamped and sits well.

Unfortunately, the bike continues to rattle on the descent.

I don't know what to do anymore.

My Rotwild with EP8 was quieter on the downhill.

Equip the battery compartment with damping?

Bandido

Mar 22, 2024
Sweden
Hi

When using the Flow app connected to the bike, when tracking, is it the gps in the bike and wheel speed data that is used or in the phone?

What do you guys use to keep water out off the linkage and bearings + oil them? I have used BikeSpray until now but wondering if there are better products for this..

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
So first ride on my cfr. When i Was back at the car i had 3 bars left.

I drove on the red mode the whole time and gained 30 km and 700 meters of altitude and hade 3 bars left . I dont know but is that good for the small battery ?

I thought the battery was drained a bit quickly but maybe I'm just imagining it. I have heard that the new bosh motor is supposed to draw a little battery

Marco0809

Jul 1, 2024
Germany
I first need the dimensions, which I can't find.

I would like to test a coil and need the bushing dimensions.

RockShox Vivid Ultimate Coil RC2T or Öhlins TTX 22M2

Jackwithoneye

Jun 23, 2023
marseille
Hi guys,
I'd like some advices about my fox38 perf elite.
1/ my local shop (canyon service center) made my 50h service on the fork. (Basic oil change and sealings on the air side only). He told me about a noise on a damper side. Since i'm in a bikepark trip in the alps, the forks is working well, but there's this noise, like a horn sound, on really quick compression (when riding fast and hitting a root or a small rock at full speed for exemple). Do you ever encounter this type of sound? i'm afraid that it could make damages
2/ Even if i find the fox38 really good since i ride my strive on(about 1year).
I've never really find settings where i could use the whole fork travel. There's always about 3cm of unused travel.
I've never removed any token , and i'm riding about 95psi and playing around Lsc Hsc Hsr Lsr around the fox tuning guide. (I'm about 88kg equiped)
Did you guys removed any token and exploid all fork travel?
Thanks and good ride to all of you

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
I’m not a fan of the fox setup and looking to switch to rockshox which I always prefer.

Anyone tried a vivid air on the rear. Does it fit ?

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Has anyone switched out the LSC adjuster on the X2 performance for a HSC/LSC unit? I am trying to find the part number. I may look at swapping it when I service it for the first time

travelinscout

Jun 30, 2024
Tucson
Also, has anyone kept the stock DB8 calipers and installed the new Hope floating brake discs? I am reading a lot of conflicting things about if the rivets rub or not.. Thanks!

Ernes58

Jun 3, 2024
Spain
Hi guys. Looking for a new bike. Coming from a Levo SLand I want a real enduro bike. I'm in doubt between Levo, Wild or Strive. I've watched the thread of battery cuttouts and now I'm in more doubts, Hehe. Would you recommend the strive?

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Hi guys. Looking for a new bike. Coming from a Levo SLand I want a real enduro bike. I'm in doubt between Levo, Wild or Strive. I've watched the thread of battery cuttouts and now I'm in more doubts, Hehe. Would you recommend the strive?
Had my strive on cfr Ltd for 4 months now and never had a battery cut out , been hammering it at bike parks and still no issues , it came with the new latch from new so that must be the fix .
It cannot be beat for the price

Last edited:

Tieff

Jan 20, 2024
Switzerland
That's true what @Pazman says. The Strive:On is a great bike and the cost to value ratio is one of the best you can get out there. The new latch which is delivered now from Canyon (but originally comes from Bosch) seems to be better than the old one. If you want to go sure that you will not have any issue you can order the Cascade Components latch which is even a lot better than the new Bosch latch (please see my comments and posts in the Strive:On problems forum). But also be sure to do the threadlock mod to all bolts on the upper bracket provided by @Mario Antony. It is for sure not only the latch which can cause problems. Just keep an eye on it...

Marco0809

Jul 1, 2024
Germany
IMG_4997.jpeg

Tieff

Jan 20, 2024
Switzerland
I have a problem with my striveON. when I pedal, the engine shuts off at like 20-21 km instead of 25 km. Can it be fixed somehow?
A known effect, please have a look in the following forum: "Bosch motor cx inhibiting speeds above 20mph". I also had this experience a little at the beginning but only in eMTB mode. But possibly also because I switched from Shimano to Bosch and with Shimano it goes up to 25 km/h and then abruptly cuts off (it's different now with the new ep801 firmware update!). Now I don't even notice it anymore, maybe I have a bit more power of my own so it's no longer noticeable. It's a bit like the turbo lag in racing cars with turbochargers... 😂 . But if your motor completely cuts off at 20-21 km/h, something is wrong, then you should go and visit a Bosch dealer.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
A known effect, please have a look in the following forum: "Bosch motor cx inhibiting speeds above 20mph". I also had this experience a little at the beginning but only in eMTB mode. But possibly also because I switched from Shimano to Bosch and with Shimano it goes up to 25 km/h and then abruptly cuts off (it's different now with the new ep801 firmware update!). Now I don't even notice it anymore, maybe I have a bit more power of my own so it's no longer noticeable. It's a bit like the turbo lag in racing cars with turbochargers... 😂 . But if your motor completely cuts off at 20-21 km/h, something is wrong, then you should go and visit a Bosch dealer.

Thanks, i am gonna search for that thread. I am comming from a shimano motor to so maybe thats the case why it feels so slow, with the bosh i need to pedal harder to get the motor going.

Im gonna check the speed Again with different metods and if it cuts at 20-21 im gonna send the bike back to canyon or they send me a new motor

Tieff

Jan 20, 2024
Switzerland
Sorry, @InRustWeTrust, there was a small but crucial error in my answer. You spoke of 20 to 21 km/h and the forum speaks of 20 mph. Of course, 20 mph is exactly 32 km/h here in Europe, which is not permitted for pedelecs. Of course, the motor support stopped long ago. Nevertheless, I also noticed the support gap mentioned at around 20 to 21 km/h (not any more now), because I also came from Shimano. I don't think that's tragic... But as I said, if your motor cuts out completely at 20 to 21 km/h, then something is fundamentally wrong.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Sorry, @InRustWeTrust, there was a small but crucial error in my answer. You spoke of 20 to 21 km/h and the forum speaks of 20 mph. Of course, 20 mph is exactly 32 km/h here in Europe, which is not permitted for pedelecs. Of course, the motor support stopped long ago. Nevertheless, I also noticed the support gap mentioned at around 20 to 21 km/h (not any more now), because I also came from Shimano. I don't think that's tragic... But as I said, if your motor cuts out completely at 20 to 21 km/h, then something is fundamentally wrong.

Thanks for the answer, i am gonna check the speed again and if its cuts and stopp assist at 20-21km/h im gonna let a bosh dealer check.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else.

I rode at Bike Park Wales yesterday, and at about 108kg kitted up [:cry:] each climb up the Beast of Burden forest road (I didn't ride the BoB forest trails at all) in Turbo used about 19%, and each descent in Turbo used about 6%. Therefore the most I could get out of a 750Wh battery was 4 runs. Fortunately my friend lent me his 750Wh, so I squeezed in 2 more runs before the chaffing got unbearable.

My first climb to the top and descent back to the visitor center in 100% eMTB mode both ways used 14% up and 5% down.

Total ride was 55km and 1870m of elevation gain for 6 runs.

Last edited:

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
Just a word of caution.

Boa Tarde :)
Would you happen to have a link to the torque specs for all the bolts? I don't seem to find one despite searching... Obrigado

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
The upper Battery bracket is supported in total by 6 bolts (if I'm not wrong... didn't take any pictures!)

So there is 2 holding the backet to the frame, acessible by the outside.

And then there are 2 more:
2 in front (if you look inside the downtube)
2 underneath (if I recall correctly) --> these were the ones I found unbolted, and connect the bracket itself to the stainless steel adaptart that than it's connected to the bike throught the bolts you see outside on the downtube.

I found this picture hope it helps.

The highlighted bolts were found ½ and ¼ unbolted.
After all being assembled with lockthread (btw - only the outside bolts have from factory!), and assembled with a simple solution I've made and still testing, everything is working better than new!

No noise from the battery, no disconnections, nothing! Well... at least ±200km after I've made this.

View attachment 140225
do you know if anyone has made a video of this process at all? I'm struggling to get my head around it although more than happy to get into it and give it a go I'm concerned about 6 cables and those metal sliders etc. can't get my head around how I'm going to get that all back in the right place!

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
do you know if anyone has made a video of this process at all? I'm struggling to get my head around it although more than happy to get into it and give it a go I'm concerned about 6 cables and those metal sliders etc. can't get my head around how I'm going to get that all back in the right place!
It's not that hard.
#1-Remove battery
#2-Disassemble lower bracket
#3-Duct tape/zip tie the cables (should be 2 groups)
#4-remove the metal strips that protect the cables
#5-Remove outer bolts that secure upper bracket
#6-remove upper bracket

Disassemble upper bracket/Clean/threadlock ALL bolts on the upper bracket

Reverse everything, and you're done!

Take your time, and remeber, it's just an ebike! It won't fall from the sky 😉

After this, you should be trouble free from all the cut-outs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles