2024 Strive:ON

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Yes a good idea.

I'll start by answering my own question...

The 590ml Fidlock bottle doesn't fit the size M frame, technically does fit but the cap is touching the shock so wouldn't advise it. I've got the Fidlock base as low as it'll go to. It's a shame I can't spin the lid the other way around as it'll likely fit then. Another option would be to get the bottle without the cap on, like the Peaty's one someone mentioned.

450ml vs 590ml
View attachment 119450 View attachment 119453

450ml on the bike:
View attachment 119451

590ml:
View attachment 119452
Have you seen the YT Thirstmaster 4000 bottle? It's about the same length as the Fidlock 450ml but it's wider so holds a full 600ml. Used standard Fidlock hardware so totally compatible.

billium

Jul 10, 2022
Sussex
Have you seen the YT Thirstmaster 4000 bottle? It's about the same length as the Fidlock 450ml but it's wider so holds a full 600ml. Used standard Fidlock hardware so totally compatible.
Do you have one of these?
If so can you measure it?
YT ( like most) does not have dimensions broken out so no way to know if it will fit or not.
I know the Fidlock 450 will just fit my Whyte E160S but not sure about the 4000

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Does anyone know if this Canyon Frame Bag is compatible with the mounts under the top tube of the Strive:ON: Long bracket frame bag

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.13.45.png

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.13.28.png

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.13.17.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
I believe it is. I remember seeing it in the press release. Might be worth doing an online chat at Canyon to confirm.
Thanks @Rob Rides EMTB I'll give them a shout and see what they say. I can't imagine Canyon would have a bolt pattern on the frame that wasn't a standard to match their product. When I do find out I'll post up what they say.

Any more brake size chat? :p

JC-1

Aug 23, 2021
New Zealand
Do you have one of these?
If so can you measure it?
YT ( like most) does not have dimensions broken out so no way to know if it will fit or not.
I know the Fidlock 450 will just fit my Whyte E160S but not sure about the 4000
Yep, they are 160mm to the top of the flat part of the lid and 174mm to the top of the spout part.

Someone has also measured in inches with photos here: https://www.mtbr.com/threads/yt-thirstmaster-4000.1191259/

Ghoetic

Jul 17, 2019
Sweden
So, first ride around town and i am super impressed, Bike feels incredible Balanced, Bosch motor is superb.

Coming from the vitus e-sommet 2019, with e8000 size S

Bike fit is great (size S), the point i was most nervous about, even feels better than the vitus actually. (163cm)

The bike is bigger yes, but the fit feels perfect. Overall super happy with the purchase.

One thing i noticed was a small scratch on the top tube, should i do something about it?

E29124CE-2D9E-40F0-91FF-BB346ABDE9F6.jpeg

9921BCEC-803E-46A4-9662-14B5E91E9C26.jpeg
705FCC59-992F-4DD2-BDE3-5223B12D7C58.jpeg

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Oh, wow. Didn't realise that. Time for some Googling I think. Be interesting to see if it's a rechargeable that recharges from the main battery, or if it's something that will need replacing intermittently. If it's the latter then probably a good idea to have some in stock.
It has a separate battery. Mine doesn’t seem to charge as I always get a warning on the app. I don’t use the tracker and alarm. One of the fixes it states is to activate it so maybe that’s why I always get this warning ??

IMG_6714.png

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thanks. 👍

@Rob Rides EMTB do you have the deets on this, or are you able to confirm with Bosch? Just curious how it works. There doesn't seem to be very much info on Bosch's website about the unit and how it's powered, other than saying it has a battery.

I'd hope it can last more than 8 days without the main battery, else that's going to get annoying when I inevitably don't get the chance to ride every week.
I love it as a feature though - should keep the bike that bit safer.

Out of interest are people insuring their bikes in general? Seems expensive to do so, but could save you...

My Bosch contact says without the main battery in, it will last 1 month.

Here's how it works with the main battery in, which is does in the background without having to turn on the bike.

Source

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 11.50.32.png

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Amazing, thanks @Rob Rides EMTB

Another question - regarding the EDC Tool, how much do you need to shave off of the large capsule to make it fit? And from where? Or is it best to just wrap some sandpaper around it and sand it down until it fits?

Also, I can't get the flippin' thing in the steerer tube. Any ideas why?

I've tapped the steerer, installed the threaded top cap and tightened the stem back up, and even installed the special O-ring from. The back of the packet, and it's very hard to get the tool into the steerer (the new O-ring doesn't help), but with a bit of force it goes in, then gets stuck like this.

I've given it a whack with my hand a few times and greased the O-ring and the inside of the steerer, and even tightened the bolts on the multi-tool, but it doesn't seem to want to go in and is much stiffer than expected... Help!

(The tool, has the small capsule on it, FYI.)

image.jpg

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Also, the alternative O-ring has been completely shredded after a handful of times pushing past the top cap...?! WTF am I doing wrong here?
image.jpg

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I
Wow this is intresting! did you put some offset bushing to lift the rear and keep same geometry just 10mm higher?

"Big betty" I thought you would have a "Taky Chan" at the rear
slashed the sidewall on the Cannibal yesterday so all I had left in 27.5 was a big betty. But 2.6” sucks it felt like I had a puncture on the fast descents as it is quite wallowy, even in super gravity casing.

Just running +10mm at the front so it’s not that different to stock, just slightly slacker out front by 0.5 degree roughly and obvs 10mm higher stack. Reduced bar height spacer by 10mm to compensate a bit.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Amazing, thanks @Rob Rides EMTB

Another question - regarding the EDC Tool, how much do you need to shave off of the large capsule to make it fit? And from where? Or is it best to just wrap some sandpaper around it and sand it down until it fits?

Also, I can't get the flippin' thing in the steerer tube. Any ideas why?

I've tapped the steerer, installed the threaded top cap and tightened the stem back up, and even installed the special O-ring from. The back of the packet, and it's very hard to get the tool into the steerer (the new O-ring doesn't help), but with a bit of force it goes in, then gets stuck like this.

I've given it a whack with my hand a few times and greased the O-ring and the inside of the steerer, and even tightened the bolts on the multi-tool, but it doesn't seem to want to go in and is much stiffer than expected... Help!

(The tool, has the small capsule on it, FYI.)

View attachment 119684
I assume it fits fine with just the small capsule?

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I assume it fits fine with just the small capsule?
No, it's getting stuck like in the pic even without any capsules and with the star washer removed... Any ideas?

Also, would you be able to ask your Bosch contact if there will be a Purion 200 retrofit kit and if it'll be compatible with our bikes?

Thanks.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Also, would you be able to ask your Bosch contact if there will be a Purion 200 retrofit kit and if it'll be compatible with our bikes?

Thanks.
Will it fit with the multi tool removed completely (and the plastic holder thing)?

Just trying to eliminate what it could be.

I assume you fully removed the star nut that was already in the fork!. Is it completely free in the steerer of any debris?

I’ve never had this issue on 3 fox forks.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Will it fit with the multi tool removed completely (and the plastic holder thing)?

Just trying to eliminate what it could be.

I assume you fully removed the star nut that was already in the fork!. Is it completely free in the steerer of any debris?

I’ve never had this issue on 3 fox forks.
I'll remove the multi tool and see. I already changed the orientation of the tool and tightened the bolts on it.

Yes, I completely removed the star nut. The steerer looked free of anything and I poked several pieces of kitchen roll down there to clean it all out after tapping the thread. (They all pushed through fine.)

I'm just at a loss as to why it won't go in. Also, seems odd that the top ring shredded my anti-rattle star washer so fast. 😩

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
I

slashed the sidewall on the Cannibal yesterday so all I had left in 27.5 was a big betty. But 2.6” sucks it felt like I had a puncture on the fast descents as it is quite wallowy, even in super gravity casing.

Just running +10mm at the front so it’s not that different to stock, just slightly slacker out front by 0.5 degree roughly and obvs 10mm higher stack. Reduced bar height spacer by 10mm to compensate a bit.
By using a 2.6” tire at the back and 2.4 at the front you change the front back balance by 6mm in “theory “ so just 4mm from that 10mm increase of fork length. If I don’t mistake.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Has anyone with the Fox 38 Performance Elite included with the CFR successfully fitted a OneUp threaded EDC V2?

Only, I'm having no luck at all. It seems that the steerer narrows as it goes down and the tool cannot go in far enough.

I've removed the multi tool and the small capsule and the tyre lever and it still won't go in. It seems to get stuck k the shoulder just after where the capsule screws on. You can also see where the paint has rubbed off of the spare disc bolt.

I removed the EDC top cap and the bottom plug and stuck the tool in as far as possible# then shone a light from the top whilst taking a photo from the bottom.

Looks like a square peg, round hole issue.

I wonder if the fork steerer has recently changed? Or the design of the EDC tool?

IMG_2954.jpeg IMG_2958.jpeg IMG_2959.jpeg IMG_2960.jpeg

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Just taken the token out of my underdog rear shock. With my sag set correctly I’m only using max 70% of the stroke so fingers crossed it opens up a bit more travel. Put it off for a while assuming I’d need to remove the shock. Took 4-5 mins max including removing and putting air back in

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Just taken the token out of my underdog rear shock. With my sag set correctly I’m only using max 70% of the stroke so fingers crossed it opens up a bit more travel. Put it off for a while assuming I’d need to remove the shock. Took 4-5 mins max including removing and putting air back in
Winryn, how many tokens are there on the shock?
I'm on the opposite --> need to had tokens

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles