What did you buy your ebike this week?

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
New headset top and bottom and spank stem for the focus, when I decide to change from the current cable routing in the stem, ordered all from chain reactions last week so they are still delivering 😊

IMG_3550.jpeg

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
One of the recent purchases from China, a new chin mount as I broke the last one in the accident, the other was airtag under bottle cage mount with safety bolts.
I took the AirTags off my bikes, they’ve made them pretty much useless now with all the “anti-stalking” updates.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I took the AirTags off my bikes, they’ve made them pretty much useless now with all the “anti-stalking” updates.
They are less useful for finding stolen property for sure, I think the only value left is finding misplaced stuff, and bags the airlines lose. Too bad, they were a great cheap way to track your stolen stuff.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Bought a TruTune MTB Air Fork Insert, Short for Rockshox/EMTB.

We. Shall. See.
Insert arrived early yesterday so put it in my Zeb A2 (2023) 160mm forks (no tokens). Previously had about 66 psi which gave about 30% sag (am 80kg ready to ride,), HSC and LSC in middle, 4 clicks of rebound from fully open. Trek Rail alloy with Ohlins coil shock.

Setting air pressure to about 76psi (+10 psi) gave about 30% sag. Then early afternoon the sky cleared, the sun came out, and a window appeared in Ciaran storm weather. Surprisingly for this time of year was ~14C.

Because am particularly interested in small bump performance did a one hour 10 miler on a route we frequently use to see what small bumps performance felt like. This route has a lot of chalky terrain embedded with flint, loose patches, typical UK South Downs terrain.

Is what the Trutune blurb says, but small bumps now felt like they had been softened and the sharpness removed, was really quite surprised. No loss of grip.

Going to mess around with air pressure some more when the weather improves - being on open terrain in 30+ knot winds with rain isn't my bag ...

Couldn't test bottom out on the route because could see storm Ciaran coming in over the Isle of Wight and Solent. Took this crap pic looking SW from the top of Chalkpit Lane, then got home just before the storm hit.

Edit: Wight

20231101_141410.jpg

Last edited:

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I got one of these with my Alloy Reserve rim along with tape. They are soo good bought one for front wheel, rim I bought off Wiggle in sale WTB CZR i30 £249 that I am building up with Sapim race spokes & Pro 4 hub I had in blue

View attachment 128144
Funny thing is, my new Santa Cruz (bought last December), with Reserve wheels did not have the Fillmore valves!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It's a Top Gear/Grand Tour trope.

Clarkson does something outrageous, usually involving a hammer and proclaims "I did a thing!"

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
IMG_0192.jpg

Just brought and installed this purion 200 , removed the kiox 300 and mount so I just have the purion 200.
All the info the kiox 300 showed is visbile on the purion apart from navigation.
if i ever need the navigation ill pop the kiox 300 back on as its only one bolt on the bracket .
my cotpit is very clean and minimalistic now , i already have GX Asx shifter and reverbe ASX dropper .
£159 for the purion 200 controller , very happy with this upgrade.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
We use a double layer of black fabric Gorilla tape, pretty tough.
I use self amalgamation tape or an old inner tube would work.
The guy who uses electric tape can say bye bye to his paintwork and even the rear triangle as them mudguards have a habit of rubbing though the aluminium, or worse still carbon fibre.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Santa Claus just dropped a container at my yard…
First item: a brand new bosch performanceline to substitute the original CX, of the cube, a little less torque in trade for much more support, up to 45 km/h, from the ebay sellers.
This is the best upgrade ever
Still in the box: zeb ultimate to replace a domain, dtswiss wheelset, superdeluxe shock. Lots of fun wrenching to do!
Pictures abailable soon.

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes
I use self amalgamation tape or an old inner tube would work.
The guy who uses electric tape can say bye bye to his paintwork and even the rear triangle as them mudguards have a habit of rubbing though the aluminium, or worse still carbon fibre.

For the same mudguard, I reinforced with invisible film protections of 300 microns (y)

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I put 2 layers of Helitape on that area of my Stumpjumper. I had the giant Mudhugger on for 1 winter… and the helitape genuinely looks like someone has spent 5 mins on it with an orbital sander! Those things are vicious!!!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That Purion 200 is nice but I can't believe they are still putting an expensive display on top of the bars. The best (only good?) thing about the Shitmano ecosystem is the display.

First item: a brand new bosch performanceline to substitute the original CX, of the cube, a little less torque in trade for much more support, up to 45 km/h, from the ebay sellers.
Sounds like fun! :cool: Keep in mind when you buy a bosch motor from a third party seller, it may first need to be configured (programmed) for your specific bike by a bosch dealer/LBS. There are lots of parameters to set up for the motor to function correctly. LBS would start by uploading your bike's original container file (CCF) which comes from the bike manufacturer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles