Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
New top cap for a bit of bling. (y)
21716929-AFA8-4B68-B518-6BC9C742877C.jpeg

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Update from my post above # 3563 . . . New Evoc backpack is great that came yesterday. Great build quality and the 12L size is great for cycling & MTB'ing. My only complaint is even though it features an airpad system for max breathability (see two pics of the Evoc back pad, "looks" like it would work) even after a short ride my back is still sopping wet . . . Because those bright colored biking shirts I wear probably enhance the sweating due to all the polyester they are made with. I'm only carrying 5 lbs of total weight (without the 1/4 filled water bladder) . . . I only need the equiv. of two 17 oz plasic bottles or 2 bottles = 2 lbs. I googled a potential solution and found this for $29 plus $4 for shipping I figure its worth a try (on backorder of course). Worst case, the extra padding could cushion something sticking me into my back in a mishap. Maxx-Dri Backpack Airflow Spacer. (these two pics below are of the Evoc backpack air pad system).

IMG_6540.jpeg

IMG_6539.jpeg

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I replaced the balloon tires that came from Spesh with my go-to Maxxis combo and ordered a bunch of Burgtec components in kash bronze. I’m debating sending my EXT Storia off to Mojo to be retuned for my Levo. It was bought for my SB130 but never used.

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Bring it on . . . Wild dogs, wolves or especially bad guys looking to bike jack me at a traffic light 😱.
I tend to never wait at a light. I make a right turn and then a U-turn to stay on the move. A sitting Target at a light on an inner city street is also a Sitting Duck on an expensive e-bike.

A little blast of pepper spray and a quick Turbo away from the situation. Ebay $15 with free shipping.

IMG_6548.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 12.59.52 PM.png

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Damn. Is new yorkistan that bad?
Yes! We don’t do NY City anymore. Used to be where we would drive or take a train down to the city, enjoy a dinner out and take in a Broadway play. No more. The crime rate is getting as bad as Chicago. The perps commit shootings, car jackings and smash and grab in stores. Some get arrested (very few) and are released by the liberal judges without bail the same day.

Luckily, we live about 3 hrs north of New York City in the Capital of the state. less crime . . . For now 🤞🏻

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
View attachment 95659

160mm M8150 cranks to replace the 165mm e13s that came on my Rise.

90g saving on a 20kg bike. I can already feel the extra power!

Still got a few pedal strikes though lol
Yeah 90 grams on our regular bikes would have been huge. I just figured the weight difference on spokes. 13 grams difference between DT Champions vs Competitions. I went with the Champs. Really ain't gonna notice 13 grams on my 22 kilo bike.🥴

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Bring it on . . . Wild dogs, wolves or especially bad guys looking to bike jack me at a traffic light 😱.
I tend to never wait at a light. I make a right turn and then a U-turn to stay on the move. A sitting Target at a light on an inner city street is also a Sitting Duck on an expensive e-bike.

A little blast of pepper spray and a quick Turbo away from the situation. Ebay $15 with free shipping.

View attachment 95578

View attachment 95579
I do carry one of these, but its on the back pocket, as far from my own nose as possible.

Jurassic

Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
A 220mm front rotor, adapter and pads and a cheap pair of 38mm rise bars to try out. My bike came with 20mm rise bars which I'm finding a bit low, I suspect I'll end up with 30mm rise bars and will probably splash put on some Renthals eventually but I decided to experiment with the budget ones first to see how they feel.

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Ebike thefts especially are on the rise in NYC.
Good. I say good because I have to think most of these dumbass scumbag thieves wouldn't know the difference between a Magicycle and say a Specialized e-bike anyway . . . . so let them load up on the online Chinese crapola ebikes and hopefully owners of quality e-bikes are smart enough to make it very difficult to steal. I saw one post where a guy was sitting in his van having coffee with his e-bike leaning up against the van and someone swiped it. I feel bad for him, but I also don't consider leaving a bike leaning against his van secure!

Last edited:

Expidia

Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
My Trek is a combo of matt and gloss black. I was noticing the other day as I was looking at it it's starting to remind me of a police bicycle as there is so much black!
So since i'm still running the stock Trek pedals it came with, I figured it was time to add a little color: DMR Vault Lacon Signature Pedals, 9/16" Alloy Platform "Oil Slick" color.

Update: so I installed the new pedals 2 nights ago and I'm hot to trot to try them out . . . But I'm still trapped in the middle of 3 days of constant rain and rain again tomorrow too 😢

Finally had a rain free chance to try them out today. Back roads and light trails so far. They are great and they look a lot better color wise in real life than on Amazons site. I thought they would be too pink (first pic was off Amazon)! But they are not.

819CQZn1hTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

IMG_6773.jpeg

IMG_6774.jpeg

IMG_6775.jpeg

Last edited:

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I replaced the balloon tires that came from Spesh with my go-to Maxxis combo and ordered a bunch of Burgtec components in kash bronze. I’m debating sending my EXT Storia off to Mojo to be retuned for my Levo. It was bought for my SB130 but never used.
Not sure where you originally got your EXT from, but the Mojo guys are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Definitely worth doing.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Not sure where you originally got your EXT from, but the Mojo guys are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Definitely worth doing.
I bought it when last summer from Suspension Syndicate when I was in the US, it’s a few hundred cheaper there. I’ve chatted with the guys from Mojo already, I’m going to wait and see how the X2 does with the cascade link before I make up my mind. I’ll probably end up going full coil though since I’m not too concerned with the weight of the bike.

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I bought it when last summer from Suspension Syndicate when I was in the US, it’s a few hundred cheaper there. I’ve chatted with the guys from Mojo already, I’m going to wait and see how the X2 does with the cascade link before I make up my mind. I’ll probably end up going full coil though since I’m not too concerned with the weight of the bike.
Or until the X2 explodes!

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
Good. I say good because I have to think most of these dumbass scumbag thieves wouldn't know the difference between a Magicycle and say a Specialized e-bike anyway . . . . so let them load up on the online Chinese crapola ebikes and hopefully owners of quality e-bikes are smart enough to make it very difficult to steal. I saw one post where a guy was sitting in his van having coffee with his e-bike leaning up against the van and someone swiped it. I feel bad for him, but I also don't consider leaving a bike leaning against his van secure!

Most of the victims are delivery food workers. These bikes are their livelihoods. Some have been severely injured and even died in attempts to thwart the theft. The cheaper bikes are also the only types of bikes accessible to them as better bikes are just too costly.

But to add to the topic of crapola ebikes, the number of house and apartment fires from the batteries of these low quality bikes are also up in NYC.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
WTF huh? Same thing is going on in some parts of SF. These fucks know their stuff though. They'll take you out for a S Works. They know the high end stuff. They chased a guy through traffic to get to him. They don't care who's looking. Generally around 4 or 5 thugs pull it off. The dude was crafty and a skilled rider and got away.

I moved to a small town in Nor Cali years ago. I thought I was going to have liberal, pot growing neighbors. Nothing could be further from reality. The country roads were endless. Those roads lead to a untapped amount of dirt. A lot of the dirt was stealth, private but not populated. After a encounter with some of the local population, I started riding armed. Nothing radical just a little purse gun, hammerless 38. Hammers can get in the way. I rode with it clearly in my left jersey pocket. After that everybody just waved as they went by giving me a wide bearth. After a while I felt it unnecessary to carry. Later on I discovered I did have pot grower neighbors. They were not liberal and they sure weren't friendly.

I'm older and wiser now. I wouldn't want to deal with these guys. I'm pretty sure it would end up ugly for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles