Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Fidlok 800ml arrived today😁

20220803_181230.jpg

Jurassic

Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
An Ergon saddle and a Garmin stem mount to go on my new Reign E+1 which should arrive next week. I have Ergon seats on all my other bikes so whatever the Giant comes with isn't getting a chance, it's going straight into the spares bin. I'll probably put a One Up dropper on it as well but I'll wait and see what it comes with first (should be a 170 but apparently they've been coming with shorter droppers).

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
My most recent purchase is the 'DaBomb Advance 29' wheelset (AU$400 posted, on sale) which just happen to match the colour of my Cube - done a few rides with no complaints. They have a grub screw which can be removed for lubricating the 6-pawl freehub - handy if you just want to adjust the noise level.
dabomb wheels.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
A new dropper post after the original Crank Bros post developed a better head turn than Regan in The Excorcist..and was twice as nasty ..😁.
That only tells half the story though as it became apparent that removal of the old post was not going to be a straight forward job and to that end..my thanks to The EMF for soothing my nerves after a conversation with a bike mechanic ( by phone ) had me just about believing that the escaped gas from the post was more than likely to blow the bike up ( the sadistic git!) 😁...and even bigger thanks to my mate Jaco for his time and patience in being able to remove the stuck old post and fit the new Whyte dropper ..
I wasn't there for the removal when the old adage of " when in doubt..give it a clout " ( more like a firm tap.. with a hammer ) was brought into play ..
No doubt the Cytec level 3 mechanic who had me shitting myself would now be letting me know of the imminent failure of the frame shattering into tiny pieces on my next ride..I will let you know if I survive 😉
The new post is like a hot knife through butter smooth ..I'm a very happy chappy ...
Many thanks to my friends🍻

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Having lost my wife's SWAT™ Conceal Carry Tool, I had to give her mine. When I went to buy a replacement, I found out, since its "Special", it was going to cost over $50 :oops:. I found this one on Ali Express for under $10 shipped. Atho it doesn't fit in the steer tube, which is why I lost her's in the first place, as I don't use the Specialized steer tube star nut mechanism. For $10, I can lose the multitool 4 more times and still not have to feel "Special" when I do.
multi tool.jpg

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
there a bit loose on my wrist but apart from that they look pretty good for the money for a ko pair.

i have the older bomber golves real and ko and you cant tell the difference bar the lable inside.
Might grab myself a pair👍🏻 nice one

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
E18D4376-E600-4F3C-B714-79C1F8CE327F.jpeg
8C538581-6DB8-4A12-85C7-5DE145FA0E88.jpeg
Fitted an XX1 cassette & chain last week to the Mondi as both were in a sale. Then snapped the XX1 chain on a gnarly rocky uphill in Emtb mode. Had to push up the rest of the climb and the couple of miles home mostly uphill :/ . Chain pulled out the pin on a normal link not the joiner . Bugger

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
View attachment 94667 View attachment 94668 Fitted an XX1 cassette & chain last week to the Mondi as both were in a sale. Then snapped the XX1 chain on a gnarly rocky uphill in Emtb mode. Had to push up the rest of the climb and the couple of miles home mostly uphill :/ . Chain pulled out the pin on a normal link not the joiner . Bugger

Were you not able to remove the broken link and shorten the chain slightly to get you home?

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
Were you not able to remove the broken link and shorten the chain slightly to get you home?
Didn't have a chain breaker with me. Though I'll look to carrying a breaker and spare link from now on given the apparent ease of breaking chains on it. To add salt into the wound it totally ruined my strava segment time on this hill :/ . I'd been meaning to ride it for a while but its a bit off my beaten track as a bit isolated for other trails to ride so probably wont be back there for a while .

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
My misses called into Wilkinsons last week and got me some Monkey Juice bike cleaning gel, I’m well happy with it, leaves no water marks and cleans effortlessly, thanks luv 😘😁

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Purhased 8speed drivetrain parts off amazon. Tired of the finicky 12speed junk. I dont shift near as much on an emtb as i did on an mtb. 8spd kmc chain is burley. I bought cheap shimano 8spd shifter, chinese 11-46 cassette and had a new deore 12spd derailleur in my parts bin. I find shimano derailleurs kind of flimsy and the clutches arent strong or durable and can require maintenance. I'll probably scoop up a sram rear derailleur at some point. The ball bearing clutches on those are more robust. A friends 8spd setup is working well with an 8 spd microshift shifter, bike shop discarded parts bin cheap sram derailleur. I couldnt find an 8 speed microshift shifter on amazon so grabbed the shimano. As long as the shifter ,chain and cassette are the same speed in most cases any derailleur will work. Nice not having to constantly adjust the shifting because of a tiny bit of cable stretch. Derailleurs last longer too. 8speed handles a little extra derailleur slop fine

Swiss Roll

Jul 28, 2021
Switzerland
Got a nyon 2, which involved a good amount of palaver to install, but the result is pretty good, great navi (with komoot) without pissing around on the phone, surpisingly well thought out construction by bosch, in this age of cutting corners. They won't let you charge your phone, but what you get is a solid product.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Under seat bag for tools etc was out as I have a dropper post. I picked up this Evoc backpack with an included 2L hydration bladder.
It will use up to a 3L bladder. Since I won’t need the water bottle holder anymore I picked up this tool case that fits in the water bottle holder.
The back pack I was using was weighing in around 7 lbs of stuff. Weight was from mostly spare tube, tools, CO2 cartridges etc.

I figure I can use that Evoc back pack for multi use besides cycling such as skiing, boating and traveling.
Also, a back pack will allow me to carry a jacket, warmer gloves, head band etc to extend my biking season as fall approaches here in the Northeast U.S. Has a place to carry my helmet too.

Update: the water bottle cage case to hold tools, CO2, tube etc turned out to be way too small. It’s going back to Amazon.
D5D3F53B-650A-4C10-B0BC-5C803B5D26D0.jpeg

31BC0F03-21E8-42E5-86CB-1F33D568827B.jpeg

Last edited:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Under seat bag for tools etc was out as I have a dropper post. I picked up this Evoc backpack with an included 2L hydration bladder.
It will use up to a 3L bladder. Since I won’t need the water bottle holder anymore I picked up this tool case that fits in the water bottle holder.
The back pack I was using was weighing in around 7 lbs of stuff. Weight was from mostly spare tube, tools, CO2 cartridges etc.

I figure I can use that Evoc back pack for multi use besides cycling such as skiing, boating and traveling.
Also, a back pack will allow me to carry a jacket, warmer gloves, head band etc to extend my biking season as fall approaches here in the Northeast U.S. Has a place to carry my helmet too.

View attachment 94936

View attachment 94937
Great backpack. I have the same. I use it for my extra 625 powertube some tools and couple extra drinks.

I had it for 2 months when I found out it has a build in whistle

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Charger damper 200 hour service inbound. This was the fat end of eighty quid. :eek: On the bright side, I won't need a fair bit of it, so spares, baby. Everyone loves having spares.

SMD1KV1X.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles