Carrots

Aug 26, 2022
Uk
New front mudguard , fits perfect as expected

FA572649-C38E-4105-9202-B4A563CF8160.jpeg

Jurassic

Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Beautiful wheels. Be careful with those rims around rocks though. I had Nextie carbon rims on my fat bike and smacked the rear on a rock, I thought it was just cosmetic damage but the rim delaminated and ended up being scrap. Moral of the story is have a really good look if you hit the rim, if you catch it early it can be fixed but I didn't realise how bad mine was and it was too late by the time I noticed. On a positive note they were really strong, even when it was delaminated and split two thirds of the width of the rim the wheel was perfectly true!

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Beautiful wheels. Be careful with those rims around rocks though. I had Nextie carbon rims on my fat bike and smacked the rear on a rock, I thought it was just cosmetic damage but the rim delaminated and ended up being scrap. Moral of the story is have a really good look if you hit the rim, if you catch it early it can be fixed but I didn't realise how bad mine was and it was too late by the time I noticed. On a positive note they were really strong, even when it was delaminated and split two thirds of the width of the rim the wheel was perfectly true!
Thanks for the advise Jurassic. I have them on all 3 of my bikes. Luckily most of the rocky terrain we ride is smooth boulders.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Very entertaining video from Sam Pilgrim on his wooden-wheeled jump bike. A back flip no hander indeed! WOW!
The guy is testing himself to destruction, for our entertainment. I sure hope it pays well.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I looked up his company accounts. It pays very well.
He’s got 1.7 million subscribers, probably pulling $50k a month easy. A kid I know from the Air Force left the military for YouTube, made a fortune. He was telling me at one point he was making $20k a day since he was averaging 4 million views. He’s passed it on to someone else now and just sits back and collects the cash.

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
As it was on sale I treated my Mondi Crafty to a 180mm OneUp Dropper. This replaces the 150mm Fox Transfer which despite looking like a lovely bit of kit was just a bit too short for my leg length and I had to run it raised a fair bit (not quite max limit) out of the seat tube of the medium frame. Even the 180mm length is still a bit out of the frame if I was to aim for optimum pedalling efficient saddle pedal distance but running the longer 200mm dropper would have compromised the max saddle drop available due to the longer dropper bottom tube. So I've pushed this into the frame as far as it will go to get the max saddle drop for some of the local "oh shit how steep " trails and accept a little bit of extra pedal effort which doesn't matter as much on an E-MTB as much as it would on an analogue bike.
IMG_4140.jpeg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I bought these for when I’m riding my bike so an indirect gift for my bike I suppose, Endura elbow pads seeing as I’m possibly one of the most accident prone MTB’er 😁 been wearing them in the house to see how comfortable they are and they are very comfortable indeed

035EFD70-6A82-4D70-97B8-6B4093E847C4.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
As it was on sale I treated my Mondi Crafty to a 180mm OneUp Dropper. This replaces the 150mm Fox Transfer which despite looking like a lovely bit of kit was just a bit too short for my leg length and I had to run it raised a fair bit (not quite max limit) out of the seat tube of the medium frame. Even the 180mm length is still a bit out of the frame if I was to aim for optimum pedalling efficient saddle pedal distance but running the longer 200mm dropper would have compromised the max saddle drop available due to the longer dropper bottom tube. So I've pushed this into the frame as far as it will go to get the max saddle drop for some of the local "oh shit how steep " trails and accept a little bit of extra pedal effort which doesn't matter as much on an E-MTB as much as it would on an analogue bike. View attachment 96739
And it will work better than the Fox one.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
For the bike and for the slopes View attachment 96842
Thats a sweet bag Marksou. I luv all the pockets on that model bag. I had to go with their slimmer smaller version "the Ride 12" for my shorter trips and rides I also plan to use it for skiing and travel. I did find so far though, even though they advertise it has their EVOC ventillation system pattern on the back, it still got my back soggy on the 80-90 humid days we had here last month. So I ordered this special ventillation pad from 221btactical.com for $29 plus shipping. It's still on back order, so I can't update yet to see how well it works and now we are already in the cool less humid days of Sept in the Northeast of the U.S..

* I also wear real bright "polyester" colored biking tops for the safety of being seen on the streets that I have to ride on first to get to my local trails . . . So the polyester I'm sure, is adding to my back getting soggy when wearing the back pack on hot and humid days.

Screen Shot 2022-09-10 at 10.18.11 AM.png

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Expidia isn't polyester supposed to be a wicking fabric? All my wicking tops are 100% polyester, but it could be down to the weave and the nature of the thread used that makes the difference. When I first started biking, I bought cotton tops, because all the polyester shirts my Mother used to buy me when I was a kid used to make me sweat. Different times and different tech I suppose. But cotton is the worst thing, it soaks up the sweat OK but then hangs onto it! I am still unsure if there are wicking and non-wicking polyester fabrics. The safe bet would be that if it doesn't say "wicking" on the label, then assume it isn't!

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
@Expidia isn't polyester supposed to be a wicking fabric? All my wicking tops are 100% polyester, but it could be down to the weave and the nature of the thread used that makes the difference. When I first started biking, I bought cotton tops, because all the polyester shirts my Mother used to buy me when I was a kid used to make me sweat. Different times and different tech I suppose. But cotton is the worst thing, it soaks up the sweat OK but then hangs onto it! I am still unsure if there are wicking and non-wicking polyester fabrics. The safe bet would be that if it doesn't say "wicking" on the label, then assume it isn't!
You are right Steve. I just looked up my last 4 tops on Amazon: Spotti men's cycling bike jersey short sleeve with 3 rear pockets- moisture wicking, breathable, quick dry biking shirt. I think now that you pointed out that they are of a wicking fabric it is probably the cotton t-shirt that I always wear underneath . . . so I don't have to wash the tops for every ride that is sopping up and holding the moisture against me.

Last edited:

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
He’s got 1.7 million subscribers, probably pulling $50k a month easy. A ...
I don't know the guy, but he still has no money for the dentist?
Maybe it's a cultural difference, but where I live people with missing tooth are 6-years old, or Heroin addicts living under a bridge.

Jurassic

Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Maybe it's a cultural difference, but where I live people with missing tooth are 6-years old, or Heroin addicts living under a bridge.
Quite a few riders have missing front teeth or dental implants from crashing. Sam Pilgrim, Sam Reynolds, Danny Hart to name a few. Eddy Masters knocked one of his out while racing downhill earlier this season, no crash, just a hard landing.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Quite a few riders have missing front teeth or dental implants from crashing. Sam Pilgrim, Sam Reynolds, Danny Hart to name a few. Eddy Masters knocked one of his out while racing downhill earlier this season, no crash, just a hard landing.

I have a fake tooth myself, but do they then remove their fake teeth for the stunts and races?
Like maintenance people who have to remove all jewelry for their shift ?

Last edited:

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yeah? Which one of those are you?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles